Merc Daron's Tent by Brez in Gang of Uf Mag'og’s camp

Daron works to setup his tent outside Brez in Gang of Uf Mag’og’s camp. For the first time on this trip, it seems his Merc efforts are paying off. A place to stay, food, and a chance to learn a new leyas. He was excited to finally get to learn something new, like shadow leyas. This was the first time in a long time that he got to choose what he was to learn.

The soldier in him was not dead though. So while he waited, he would clean his cloths, tent and area to be military clean. He also brushed out his fur. Then he then tended to his trench coat and gauntlets.

While not on missions, he would stay here.

(OCC I’m posting this here as a meeting point with Daron. Though he will start off this week at the mine, to help with that, if Gang of Uf Mag’og wants help.)

OOC - The timing can be whenever… especially since I’m “slow” teaching you the requested skill

Hikiti had known his mission for a few days. An Olgog, not from around these parts, would be joining them, much like the K’iorn did previously. Hikiti missed the nameless K’iorn much. He was dour, sad, and eternally drunk, but had taught Hikiti much perspective. One day, Hikiti thought, he would seek out the strange K’iorn to share a meal, drink, and share more stories.

Hikiti sighed, his young face easing tensions that would otherwise make him appear to be much older. He was on the cusp of breaking the mold of “pup.” As he was a few years away from coming of age, his body was in mid transformation between a slighter Karovan build to that of a massive Brezan Elder. He was strong and wily enough to bully other tribals if need be, but he wouldn’t stand a chance against Urog or Shirley. Unlike most Ur Rhug, he was armored, earned from battle and his dealings with other tribes. Granted, today it was only leather, but on other occasions he was seen wearing strange Earther armor combinations. It was obvious to all who observed the tribe for a time that the youngling held honor in the gang.

Hikiti walked over to Daron’s tent with a sack of fresh fruit and vegetables, roasted meats (of what can be considered unknown origin), and water. He also carried his stash of urya, which would be helpful, as well as the Feather of Uf Mag’og (useful for consuming fear and leyas sight). When the K’iorn known as Nngao was here, there was only vermin meat, water, and wine. Their gang has done well recently, and Hikiti was proud of the part he had played in it. Vektor thought him too soft, but Urog was proud of him… so was Tusk. (Who knows what Vektor thought of Tusk??)

When he arrived to Daron’s tent, he put the sack down gently at the flap’s entrance and said, while trying to sound as formal (and old) as possible, “Greetings Guest of the Gang of Uf Mag’og. My name is Hikiti, and I am here to fulfill the trade agreement between you and our gang.”

Daron steps out of the Tent in his Olgog form. Daron naturally wasn’t weak, but he definitely wasn’t strong in Olgog Terms. He could fix that, but he needed to make sure he used his own strength, and not just that of the gem. Otherwise his body would get weaker. The rest of him was neat and clean. He had been a soldier for so long, those habits were a part of him.

Daron says “Yes, I am ready to Learn Shadow Leyas. I am eager to start.”

It took Hikiti a moment to understand the olgog’s request… then it hit him. “Oh, you mean Tor’or. It means something different in our tongue. The Earthers, and I guess the Children of the Falosini, refer to Tor’or as the absence of Ur’sa. Shadows are where there is no light. So first lesson. Tor’or is not the absence of light.” Hikiti smiled as he walked into Daron’s tent. “This lesson is best done inside, where there is not so much Ur’sa.”

Daron smiles and goes into the tent "This all will be new to me. I have trained with Healing and Shapeshifting leyas. So Tor’or and Ur’sa’or do not share the same space? Much like Earth and Air. Or does Ur’sa’or just make Tor’or weaker? Or are they just opposites, canceling each other out. And the difference outside is whether the sun is up or not. "

Hikiti smiled at his fellow olgog’s question. He had learned something very important, his pupil did not have the Sight.

“The Leyas flows through Der’al… each element… der’or, tor’or, ur’sa’or, lalhab’or, ka’or and tla’or… flows across every living being. When you use the Leyas, you are tapping into it for your use. If tor’or were only an opposite of ur’sa’or, it would have no og.”

Hikiti made motions as he appeared to touch different elements in around, which must have looked odd to Daron. He was, however, allowing his fingers flow through the natural leyas lines in the tent through Leyas sight.

He stopped, looked at Daron, and pulled out a feather. “I hold here the key to your understanding. It is a relic of our gang. You may use it during lessons.” Hikiti smiled, as he looked at Daron, seeing how the Leyas permeated through his body, holding the feather out to Daron.

Ooc, please confirm if anything is obscured

Daron looked at the feather with his Leyas sight and he took hold of the feather, studying the leyas coming off it.

(OCC I thought this was something else actually. Daron has Shapeshifting 3, Healing 3, General 2. I’m playing the part that he has not tried to access an element separately from the others. All of his leyas abilities use multiple at once. Never by itself.)

As Daron used his Leyas to look at the feather, he would see an aura of General Leyas and Shapeshift Leyas coming off the feather. Hikiti chuckled, knowing the olgog foreigner was using the very Leyas ability the feather was intended to offer him.

“Seeing that you’re using your own ability to see the Leyas,” he takes the feather from Daron, “you won’t need this.” He points to the area around the tent. “See how the ur’sa splashes over the ground where the lalhob’or flows… and see how they layer and weave across each other. And there” he points to a shadowy corner, “is tor’or.”

“It had its own energies and flows … it is not a lack of light, but comes from it’s own source.”

He gives Daron a moment to focus on how the shadow Leyas flows around the tent. “So tell me, Daron, what are you afraid of?”

Daron looks around the room, looking at the leyas around him and in the tent. Trying to see the different flows and separate them out. He then looks over in the corner and concentrated to see the tor’or. And then how it flows around.

Daron says “My fears are not that of Monsters. I have spent most of my life training and fighting them. For me, my fear is a loss of Freedom. Until recently I have not had that. And I will not loose that now that I have it.”

Hikiti looked at Daron strangely. “Freedom… what does that mean?”

Daron says "Freedom is having a choice you can make. You may not like your choices, but you can make the choice. It might even be simple things like what you want to eat in the morning. It might be I choose not to kill someone. It might be the choice to go save some children in a valley.

When I was taken from the tribes when I was young, I was a slave, and then a soldier. But still a slave. We fought who we were told to fight because they told us to fight. Though I did get lucky in getting into the dragons and getting this gem. advantage Which then I was sent on a suicide mission where I fought my way through a warmongers dead army to earn my freedom, and I won’t loose it again.

So, loosing my freedom is the biggest thing I fear."