Lurtor Warns the Choir of Payne of the Nefliff mission.

Lurtor had made friends Baribur of the Choir of Payne. They had already warned the Tribes, and he didn’t want to spread worry, but the one group of leaders he didn’t warn, would be the one hit if one Neliff wasn’t at the hive when those earthers destroyed it.

Lurtor Flew in on his own wings. This time he left his new dragon home. He needed good behavior today. When Lurtor arrived, he asked to speak with the leaders.

(OOC I don’t think I was given a specific name.)

Lurtor says "Greetings. I hope all is still well. I have been all over the lands around here. And there were some troubling events. Recently, I was on a mission with the Olgogs and EEF. It seems the EEF found a nest of a creature that wasn’t suppose to exist. They called them Neliff. I saw them with my own eyes, really creepy.

(OOC enter description of them here.)

They are like Quall N’drone in that they take a host an implant larva to grow new Neliff. One giant we killed had 4 of them in him. But that is where the similarities stop. Neliffs reproduce in Days and hours instead of years and decades. They are suppose to have full control of the host immediately, though I cannot verify that. Also, It doesn’t seem like their is any benefit to the host either due to the short period. I’m told they are vulnerable to cold. And they like caves.

Some being that was also on that mission destroyed the nest and them with an annihilation wave before any other attack could be made. So I didn’t get to see them long.

Even though that hive was destroyed, if one neliff was not at the hive was destroyed, they could build a new hive quickly elsewhere.

Myself, and the Leaders of the UtR just wanted to make sure you were aware of this. And hopefully you could pass on the warning with the Dawnspear and Homeforge as we Olgogs are not as welcome there."

Alcian Chainwing of the Choir was happy to greet Lurtor.
Though he seemed concerned when he heard this tale.

Lurtor was brought deep into the rock hewn tunnels below the choir to a small chapel. It was adorned with images of the Falosini.

Alcian Chainwing activated a steel mirror above the stone altar. They could see the image of a proud and noble knights helm. Inside the helm seemed a pair of stars.

The Falosini sentry spoke, "What will the Olgogs do about this infestation in their lands?

The Neliff cannot be allowed to spread."

Alcian Chainwing said, “Please allow me to introduce Lurtor of the Auf Lal’al.
Lurtor this is Sentry Kern. Kern is of the royal sentries. He can carry our words to all Children of the Falosini.”

Lurtor bows… thinking, is that the right thing to do?? Then he says "Greetings Sentry Kern.

I do not know if there is an infestation now, but there is a chance of one. And we don’t know much about the Neliff. Only a bit from the time I saw them. And a little bit from a very old book that I didn’t get to read. Only told a few things like they are vulnerable to cold.

A short time ago, the EEF found a Neliff Hive. They dispatched a team of theirs, myself included. In addition there were a few other Olgogs as well.
We went to this hive location that was surrounded by infested giants. It was one of the first times I had seen an infestation of that type. We saw 4 Neliff… Larva? Something inside one Giant as it was killed.

Next we sealed all entraces and exits to this cave that the hive was in. Then our team went to the area where the Neliffs were gathered. One… person use a huge wave of annihilation to Take out the hive, and a large chunk of the mountain. Once they were all destroyed, I could not sense the Neliffs in any of our team.

With that group wiped out, there is still a chance that not all of the neliffs were at the hive when we destroyed it. So I came here to spread the warning. Hoping I’m just causing undue fear, but this still needs to told to the other races so everyone can keep a look out. I’m especially concerned for the K’iou due to the events that happened at the Homeforge and it seems that the Neliffs like caves.

As for My tribe, the Tribe of the Auf Lal’al, we search for them in the UtR lands, and our tribal lands. So far we have found nothing, so far. But there are still many lands we cannot search. And this concerns us. We have sent out messengers to the another Olgog nation, the Der’al collective.

(OOC of course, Lurtor knows nothing of the events in the cave of Karov.)

Sentry Kern seemed deeply concerned by this news.

"Little to nothing is known of these Neliff in lands of the WarCouncil of S’vana, the planet you call Refuge, or do you call it Der’al.
An unknown threat is doubly dangerous, because the WarCouncil cannot plan for a counter to its attacks.

My mother’s mother served in the armies of Lord Falos. She spoke often of the battles against the Neliff and the Quall. During the battle, when the Quall finally allied with the Falosini against the Neliff, there were an elite group of Falosini soldiers who accepted Quall larva as protection against the Neliff’s control. She told us it was rumored that the Red Sovereign Ceroj’s own daughter Cerox the Wise volunteered for this mission.

These elite quall-implanted Falosini were the only ones truly able to clear out the Neliff hives, though most of the Sovereigns would now deny it and Lord Falos isn’t around to set the record straight.

I know few if any of these implanted Falosini survived the Neliff-Quall War, some dying in battles, others being overcome by their larvae and becoming full Quall N’drone.

The Neliff are masters of Illusion. They know enough to move if you discovered their nest. But return there and you may find clues to where they moved. Neliff are able to live off of Annihilation Leyas from the Lore of my mother’s mother.

The Neliff were better off extinct, and the Unity did the universe a terrible diservice by returning them to life from quall genetic material.

The Neliff also cannot be trusted at all. If they get a foothold in your region, all Olgogs will be at risk.
The Neliff will use them as hosts and consume their flesh. Nothing will remain. And the spirit will be handed over to the Warmonger.
I will mobilize the WarCouncil of S’vana, the Homeforge of Mt. Vir and the Aerie of the Weeping Wings. It will take them time to get any soldiers to your region.

The Dawn Spear is closer but would need physical proof of these Neliff before they would be willing to act. Alcien Chainwing, in the name of the Falosini and the Baribur Archwings of old, I declare you Archwing of this War Against the Neliff. Not a single Neliff may be allowed to remain.

I am sorry Alcien, I know you had hoped to retire at the Choir. But…"

“But when the Falosini call, it is the Baribur’s role to be their wings in the field.
I know my childhood rhymes Sentry Kern.
I reluctantly accept this role of Archwing, and commit my life to this perhaps impossible task.” said Alcien with nobility.

“Thank you Alcien,” Kern replied with pride, then grew more somber as he thought, “Lurtor you will need an alien larva of significant strength, something that could bolster those hunting the Neliff against their control.
Or you will need allies who are not truly living.”

Alcien grew angry, “You are not asking me and mine to expose ourself to…Quall larva are you?”

Sentry Kern said, “You know Falosini Law prohibits that on pain of death… with that said there may be other options available that are not expressly forbidden by the Laws of the Falosini.”

Alcien said, “I know nothing of this.”

Sentry Kern said, "Lurtor, I would not be a good a sentry if I did not know of your work with the Earthers who live on Refuge. They have done extensive experiments on Larval aliens. If anyone knows of an alternative to the Quall larva that does not threaten the host. They would know it.

Another less easy answer is to contact the Mag Der’al. Their kind is immune to Neliff control, and they turn a body toxic to the Neliff’s spawn."

Lurtor realized the Falosini spy network must be even more extensive than the Earther’s VLAD agency.

Lurtor’s face saddened as he realized their failure. The Neliff tricked them and escaped as the Annihilation wave did nothing to them. Maybe only destroying their hosts.

He Thought on the words and then remembered the events after the giants attack. He wasn’t there, but it was told to him.

Lurtor said “Let me make a call on this crystal real quick.” He then pulled out Lalder’s crystal. Lurtor said “Lalder, We have a problem. The Neliff would not have been destroyed by the annihilation wave. They most likely hid themselves. Send out the fighters to scan all caves that we can. Make sure no one approaches anything. There maybe a way to defend, but we are still working on that.”

Lalder responds “I will, I sense I will have to wait for an explanation later.”

Then he puts away the crystal. Lurtor says to Kern and Alcien "I did not want to delay expansion of the search as it will take time to find the Neliff again. I also figure you know about that capability.

Also, There maybe a new type of Larva like that. Ar’yay the Hive Queen that was recently destroyed. Through a sacrifice of her and her hive, all of her former pit mongrels were converted to this Aryeserai. One her of Quall warriors announced this. I don’t know much, but their fur turned green, regained normal sight. These gogs live all over the place now and are no longer minions of the Quall as far as I know. They don’t… feel the same way at least. I don’t sense the control. Are they what you speak of? I know a gog I can talk to about the Larva."

(OOC that information was taken from the Proclamation of the Quall Warrior. And what I think Lurtor would sense with the path of the redeemer. If I’m wrong, I can correct :slight_smile:
(OOC Lurtor is thinking of Gobbog, who to ask about getting others larva if needed.)

Lutor then also remembered "There are these… Holy Undead. Originally they were warmongers dead, but they followed a different path. And now they no longer share the same properties as standard warmongers dead. They follow the path of the redeemer. Part of this makes them able to detect and they are immune to larva and demonic possession. Though this immunity is not the first step. Only the detection is.

I have learned this first part of the path as well.

I will try to get them involved in this as well. "

(OOC I’m not sure if he is actively watching this summer, but I’ll send a message as well. Or maybe it could be part of a mission to bring everyone in.)

When Lurtor left, he left a commcrystal that he could use to report back any changes. Information and quick responses were what is going to win this battle. Not strength of will.

Lurtor says “We have a possible sighting of a Neliff. We have found a neliff on the Olgog artifacts, i’m working to get a team there to confirm and eliminate if found. This spotting was in the Der’al Collective lands. Lalder is having someone warn them as well.”

Lurtor says into the Alcien’s commcrystal "We have the proof of the Neliffs existence. a Neliff egg in Stasis. I pulled it out of a body.

We had a confrontation with 2 large groups of giants, at least some infested with Neliffs. I don’t know how extensive or if any other groups are infested. We can bring the egg to you for the proof you need to mobilize the Dawn spear.

Where should I bring this proof? We need to alert others as well to get a larger response to this."

"Be wary of calling in the Dawn Spear. They will be brutal in their attack and will not give niceties to any local Olgog tribes who call the area home.

Which tribe owns the lands where this egg was found?" Asks Alcien in concern.

Lurtor grew concerned because he knew they needed the help, but he did not want to cause the extinction of any innocent tribe. Of course the neliffs were most likely wiping out the tribes where they were building up anyways.

Lurtor says "We pulled it out of a gog who was too close to a squad of Giants in the outer areas of the Der’al Collective. There was at least one Neliff amongst these Giants. These Yyan giantshave attack Olgog and Earther settlements recently. The Der’al Collective made a deal to allow the giants permission to roam their lands in exchange that the giants to not attack them. So the problem could be localized to this group of giants due to this group running into a neliff, or be far spread into the Yyan Giants lands as well. I do not know.

The gog that was attacked was part of my unit that went to investigate the sightings of a neliff. We pulled our teammate out of the area, and then removed the Neliff egg. This gog was of the Ar’Yeseri and was protected from the control of the Neliff. Just not the attack of one. I have also verified that no one else in my team was implanted with an egg. But I do not know about any others who had contact with this group of giants.

We are taking steps. Lalder is going to talk with the Ar’Yeseri as suggested by Kern to recruit help in this fight. I’m also going to update the EEF and the Der’al collective of this as well. We hope now with proof of the Neliffs, we will be allowed to scan their lands as well."

Lutor pauses for a second, the concern showing in his voice a little. He continues "I do not wish for the Dawn Spear to wipe out any tribe. But the Neliffs are killing many already.

I know very little of the Dawn spear and their tactics and methods. The choir has been my closest experience with the exception of my brief stop at the Dawn spear. Do you have any suggestions? I wish to eliminate the Neliffs as all do, but I would prefer for the damage to be limited to the Neliffs."

Alcien replied, "The Dawn Spear is militant in the extreme.
If you wish their aide without putting local tribes at risk you should find the Neliff nest and make sure this Der’al Collective pulls back from the area and allows the Dawn Spear access.

Who do these Der’al Collective serve? If they serve the Falosini they may respect the Dawn Spear and just allow them access.

Since joining the Choir of Payne I know little of the new nation states."

Lurtor says "Well, I’ll give you a rundown on the factions as I see them.

The Der’al collective is a loosely grouped set of tribes and the army of Eloga. The Army of Eloga I believe has connections to the Krato. The Army of the True flame and a tribe of Plague Vampyres are other members.

The Army of the true flame seems very honorable. They fight against the Warmonger’s forces and accept those willing to help. As for their allegiances, I’m not certain as their members vary.

The Plague Vampyres believe that the Pit brings strength. But they also take the disease from those sick as part of their relations with many tribes. Including many in the UtR.

The Der’al collective is all about Tribal justice and not allowing another tribe’s laws rule over another. They have no laws against slavery, but not all have slaves for example.

The other major faction is the United Tribes of Refuge. There are many tribes grouped together working for the common good. They come to each other’s defence and have open trading. There are some common laws, like no slavery or murder. Conflicts between tribes are mediated through other tribes in the UtR. And there are tribes who have no votes on the laws who enforce the laws. The UtR is run by a council which Lalder and Shirely of Gang of the Uf Mag’og are members of.

The Great Northern Army, or GNA is currently run by Urik of the Gang of the Uf Mag’og. The GNA is part of the UtR and has in the Past worked with Lalder’s tribe, the Herd Auf Lal’al.

There is also Drewsport, but I don’t know much there. Except there is a unique Tribe of the Warmonger’s Dead who no longer follow the warmonger. They are free. They follow the Path of the Redeemer. The Fight to protect those that they can. What’s truly unique about them is they are not vulnerable to Light Leyas.

Lastly of note, is Krodnok. Krodnok is a warmonger’s dead who follows himself. He is convinced he is a God and even has followers. He is a bit power hungry, but his intentions tend to be on the good side. He has actively fought the warmonger’s forces and come to the aid of the UtR and the provincial colonies. And he protects his followers.

Just thought of one more. Lord Grimaldus and Resurgent. They are both former Church of Oners who learned the true of the founding of the Church of one. They no longer slaughter or fight against non earthers. They are starting Provincial Colonies in the Olgog lands. A place for earthers and non earthers to live and survive in these harsh lands.

Darn, I just thought of one more. Mag Buskt has risen again. He controls his island again. The only problem there is his champion is an Olgog called Olgog the Olgog or OtO. Which is a madOlgog. Mag Buskt is wise and Patient, but this champion. OtO is very power hungry and keeps trying to take over or destroy others. OtO hacked and fired the EEF’s Orbital Laser at Tla’loc’al because he feared the Aufs would challenge him and Mag Buskt. Unfortunately, Mag Buskt does not see this though OtO’s mental state yet. "