Lurtor reaches out to General Giffords

(OOC Title might be misleading, as I’m just looking for someone from VLAD to approve my rescue and recruitment efforts.)

(OOC I’ve asked for Anise because he’s the one who Lurtor has worked inbetween before. And he didn’t want to start at the top. No problems redirecting me to the correct person :-p )

Though Lurtor’s contacts in the EEF, he was given a heads up of a failed rescue attempt. Lurtor frowned at this. All of his efforts to keep the EEF and the Olgogs on a peaceful path could be disrupted by this… But then he had an idea. VLAD was always looking for good recruits. And though they failed because of their plans known or expected for some reason, they did display a great amount of tactics and power. Also the EEF would not help themselves by taking more prisoners known to Olgogs in power in the Olgog lands.

Lurtor takes out his communication Crystal. This one went to the switchboard, but specifically his bosses in VLAD. Once the switchboard picks yep, Lurtor says “I need to talk to Anis or someone in charge. I have an idea that might help with the situation with Kolgol and his failed rescuers, something of benefit to all.”

Then he sat back and listened to the annoying music…

After a longer then usual wait Anise responded. “Greetings agent Lurtor, please share your analysis of the situation. There has been much discussion of it already at high command.”

Lurtor says "I don’t know much specifics about the attempted Jail break. But I did hear a few things. One was that no EEF solders were killed or directly attacked in this attempt. Gobbog went out of his way to make sure there were no deaths.

Gobbog is also well known to the leaders of the Olgog lands. Since I have met Gobbog, he has earned the respect of leaders and has been on the right side of the battle. He has even defended the new Colonies from the Giants attack.

His being held will not help the EEF relations with some of them. Even if he earned it. Also, I would like to know his reason, as I expect there to be a good for for his actions.

So, I do not think we should keep him prisoner. In fact, he has shown good tactics and power that could be useful to us in the Olgog Lands. I suggest we work out a way to bring him in.

As for the other Olgog with him, I do not know him. So if the same offer were made, I would want interview him first.

And then there is Kolgol. He has caused much damage. I wonder why Gobbog would try to save him. But he is tribeless now and I wonder if that weighs on him. That all he cared about was devoured by a demon. I do not expect he thought that would be the end result. I wonder if he would work to fix what he caused now that he is away from the demon’s influence. Again, this would have to be done carefully, and I’m not sure I would offer him anything. But it might be worth the questions. Right now with him we are just making him hate Earthers more. Could there be a better way?

(OOC as a player, I get confused on whether Gobbog is army of the true flame, der’al collective, or both. So I won’t mention the group.)

“So you wish to attempt to recruit these people? Such an action require direct authorization from the trio. However I can approve your boarding the train to speak to them. The train will not stop so you would have to delivered aboard by an AAV. I can make the arrangements immediately if you would like.” Replied Anise.

Lurtor says "I would like to try. Two things, can I see the tapes so I know what they have already been talking about?

And second, what can I offer them? I don’t want to promise anything I can’t give."

(OOC I just want to make sure I know what was said in the thread if possible. ALso, as a player I’m not 100% sure what I can offer them. I was thinking freedom with the requirement to help and obey orders when given.)

I will have the recordings and current feed from the security cameras patched to the AAV. I have contacted command and been told the following. You are authorized to offer deferment of prosecution at this time and full pardons upon completion of five missions. If they wish further employment could be discussed following the fifth mission. They would not be compensated for these tasks however they would be allowed to keep any loot or salvage they secure, provided that it is not of a dangerous nature. They would also have to agree to be tracked by means of leyas or technology until the fifth mission was completed. Upon completion of the fifth mission all charges against them would be dropped and they would be free.

Lurtor says "That sounds very fair. And I agree, tracking is a must. I’ll head over over to the train now. "

(OOC I’m going to assume this gives me permission to post on the train thread now.)

Through the comm crystal Lurtor responds "Kolgol has accepted our offer and that of the offer of Gobbog a larva that would protect him from Demon Procession. As well as other larva as well. I wait to hear from the other 2. I don’t have long to wait here though.

Anise, I have one more round of bad news though. The Neliff destroy mission most likely failed. When I went to the Choir of Payne where I was informed that Neliff may live off of Annihilation Leyas, not be destroyed by it. That means there is a good chance that their is a Hive of Neliff contained in the Olgog lands.

The next parts happened quickly.

Lalder has expanded the Fighters search area. I was told that the the WarCouncil of S’vana, the Homeforge of Mt. Vir and the Aerie of the Weeping Wings will be mobilized soon. Alcien Chainwing of the Choir of Payne is now… lets see the title was… Archwing of this War Against the Neliff.
But to get things really moving we need to find proof of their existence. Do we have any video of the mission we can share? We may have to go to the old hive to find something. "

Lurtor got the update from Lalder. He needed to respond to the Earthers, let them know.

Into the commcrystal Lurtor says "Lalder has confirmed the presence of Neliffs in the Der’al Collective Lands. The only place we have ruled them out of is Lalder’s Tribes lands. He is continuing the search.

I recommend myself and the new recruits go and checkout this possible Neliff and Destroy it if found. The radars say they are there."

“We can provide you with video evidence of Neliff existence. I currently do not have access to any physical evidence but will attempt to secure some. Copies of the videos and a device to view them will be provided to you by another agent who will be dispatched shortly.” (OOC So just assume you have them when ever you want to use than.)