LurTor contacting VLAD/EEF

Lurtor takes his comcrystal out and asks the operator “Can you please connect me to the boss, I want to report that the EEF just orbitally bombarded the olgogs at Tla’loc’al and himself.”

(OCC I’m assuming I have my comcrystal to talk to the boss. If not ignore this. Not sure who his chain of command is as a player, and I don’t mean for you to have to repeat yourself.)

After a brief pause the call was picked up. A slightly robotic but clearly female voice responded.
“Agent LurTor. This is Anis responding. We are aware of the attack. It has not been sanctioned by the EEF. It appears that an agent may have gone rouge. Olgog the olgog used old Iron Republic codes to hack and commandeer part of the orbital defense array. The attack should be stopping now I have closed his back door. Assets have been dispatched to apprehend him. What is your current status?”

Lurtor said "I was the deep in the caves of Tla’loc’al at the time it happened, so I was uninjured. There were thousands killed that were not so lucky as I. In many cases there were not enough left of them for the Aufs to resurrect.

I will let the Elders know who triggered the attack. They were already on their way to deal OtO for another reason. Olgog the Olgog is now Mag Bruskt Champion.

I am on route to Thomasville to help deal with the warmongers dead with the Herd of Auf Lal’ al.

Besides attacking Thomasville, I’m told that Unit 111 has been busy in the feral lands. This tribe had 4 gogs down there that ended up fighting unit 111 with a group of gogs. The group was forced to retreat. But they did witness Unit 111 fighting Pit Mongrels. They do not think the Pit Mongrels won. I don’t know too much more than that right now."

“Acknowledged agent. Please keep us updated regarding Unit 111 activities. Olgog the olgog should be secured shortly he will be interrogated once we have him we will pass on what he learn.”

Lurtor says "I can report that Unit 111 was driven out of Thomasville. The tribe I was with lost 2 to the ranks of Unit 111, but I believe unit 111 lost many more soldiers than they gained. The Civilians of Thomasville were protected.

We have another issue here. The water near Jamesville and the Oasis of the Great Uf has something wrong with it. Gogs near there are very sick, and we are not sure why. They are coughing up blood and loosing their fur.

I have some water samples from both sites that I need tested."

“Very good agent please deposit the samples in your dead drop and we will have them tested. If we can find a treatment we will send it to you.
We need you to find any information you can about Mag Buskt. Ol’gog claims that he is raising forces to combat Warmonger we have not yet ascertained if this attack was some how related to that.”

Lurtor gathers the samples, 6 vials total. 1 Water from each location untouch. 1 Water from Each location that had purified by leyas, and a blood sample from a gog in each location.

He packed these up, each separate container and labeled and dropped the package off at the dead drop. (OCC not sure where that is).

He relays over the com crystal "I have the samples ready for pickup. Water from each location, Water purified from each location, and a blood sample from a gog in each location. The purified water is a control and to see if purify will treat the water. The blood is in case this is a poison or disease that can be discovered in the blood.

I’m off now to find out more about Mag Bruskt. I can tell you his forces were defeated on his island. I believe some of your forces were there. I’m not sure when yours left. Mag Bruskt escaped with a Zela sword sticking out of him.

There is a Gog he was in the middle of sacrificing who has some nasty artifact tattoos that cause a great deal of pain as they kill him. The gog is still alive, but only due to others stopping the leyas from touching him.

The basics I now know are that he was going to use some very dark magic to empower him and his follows. And use that to fight the warmonger. The general belief, especially after the attack on Tla’loc’al, is that he would lead as a king, and put all below him. Whether they liked it or not. And his means were not going to be very nice, and he would sacrifice Olgog and Earther alike to gain more power.

That is what is believed about his intentions.

He originally dates back to before the Goblin Genocide time, though I believe he has spent some of that time dead.

"

(OCC I’m staying generic from the story post as i’m not sure how much facts Lurtor could gather.)

“Your drop is acknowledged LurTor. We will pick up and test the samples as soon as we can. You are correct EEF assets were sent to the island but they left once they had secured Olgog the olgog. We will see if we can track down Mag Bruskt as well it seems like he should not be allowed to do whatever he is planning.”

Lurtor responds “Thank you for any help in healing these gogs.”

Some time goes by. And then Lurtor messages again "I’m being told he has been heard south of Drewsport in Unen. His Huge Aquatic nightmare is attacking there. A member of the Lur Union and the United Tribes of refuge has requested help. This could get bad. I’m heading to a rendezvous point now. I’ll send the location. "

Lurtor says into his crystal “I need to talk to Anis.”

When it transfers over he will say “I have been told that an Inquisitor said the people of Jamesville are suffering from something called radiation poisoning. It could be the same thing that the gogs in that area and by the Oasis are facing.”

Anis replied in her usual crisps tones.
“Yes we have just gotten the test results from your samples back. It is the same condition. It seems like
that someone has purposely contaminated the water as concentrations this high are not normal. However now that we know it is we should be able to help them all. Medical teams are working on it. I will send any results they find.”

Lurtor was asked by Lalder to verify that the EEF actually was the one who took the Mag Der’al prisoners. If someone else took them, it could be a weapon.

Lurtor says to his commcrystal “I need to Talk to Anis.”

After Anis is on, Lurtor will continue. I just got back from the Homeforge and the mess that was there. Someone stole a Kias weapon that when it was removed infected the area with slime that distorted anyone it touched into reavers.

Also I just heard about the Issues with Mag Der’al. Two things. Lalder’s tribe took 5 prisoners and turned them over last week to Interrogator Kenneth Julius. I just want to make sure they are actually EEF or VLAD. Those prisoners could be a bad weapon if not.

Next, I’m checking in to see if you need my skills"

“We are aware of problems at the Homeforge but not specifics. Has the matter been resolved?” Anise asked.
“As for your question. Yes Interrogator Julius has a distinguished record with the EEF and deliver the prisoners as ordered. However, actually interrogation has been delayed so far. They are all infected with some illness they will live but are in no condition for questioning at this time. We have medical teams seeing to their them and attempting to isolate and treat their illness. We are hoping to find a vaccine.” Voices besides Anise could be heard form the other end for a moment then Anose continued.
“This next piece of information is highly sensitive and we will leave it to your operational discretion but highly recommend you not share it widely. It is this illness that caused these olgogs to take part in the attacks. It only infects olgogs and makes them highly violent toward earthers. We are greatly concerned about the potential reaction in the Colonies to this information. Especially if the Church of One were to aware of it.”

Lurtor says "I’m assuming you tracked the large floating piece of it. I wasn’t around that part when it happened so I don’t know the details.

The rest of the Homeforge is pretty beat up. Tunnels going everywhere. The beasts had vopal claws that allowed them to dig pretty easily. The reavers, at least that I saw, had been either Knocked out or killed. But since each reaver killed was a K’iou, they lost a terrible amount of people.

The K’iou turned into reavers when the slime touched and crawled up them. It seems it was a Shapeshifting Leyas curse or something. Washing off the slime did nothing. Zela didn’t turn them back either.

As for that information, I may tell Lalder about some of it. But the Desire to kill earthers I will make sure that doesn’t get out from me. But the UtR council should know to avoid direct contact if possible.

I did here that Urog is going to meet with the EEF on behalf of the UtR. If anyone can be trusted to keep the secret, but act, it would be him.

Do you know how the infection is passed? Air born, Close contact?"

(OOC Lurtor doesn’t know that the Council is Discussing how its an infection right now.)

“We have not yet isolated the vectors it follows. So far it seems to be blood borne but we can not rule other methods out just yet.” Anise replied. “However the doctors have recommend that precautions be taken to avoid direct contact with bodily fluids of infect olgogs.”

Lurtor asks "The Herd of Auf Lal’al and the UtR are going to move against the Mag Der’al soon. Is there anything that will help protect them against the infection? There is a meeting of them if you wish to send a representative to them for help.

Also, Lalder is striking at the Factory owned by Unit 111. The main forces of Unit 111 seem to be elsewhere. THis is troubling too, but it leaves an opening to remove the factory from their control. I can send you the location of the meeting for that was well if you wish to support that. There are air defences that need to be taken out and a few deadwigs."

(OOC Lurtor is inviting the EEF to both planning threads. Sorry should have thought of this earlier.)

http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?1361-Planning-Thread-Invasion-of-the-Tomb-Factory

Other:
http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?1362-UTR-Diplomatic-Request-Mag-Der-al-Vs-Mag-Daron-Planning

Anise replied quickly.
"We have not been able to create a vaccine at this time. However we do have treatment that is ready for field testing and can help anyone that gets exposed.

The matter of the factory is very concerning. I will contact the Field Marshal. I expect he will send a representative and forces to assist. "

Lurtor says into the crystal "This is Lurtor. I am helping the tribes plan for the flamewinds that are coming and I had some questions that the EEF might know. "

(OOC assuming Lurtor gets a response. For time savings. Also I will report the factory mission once those results are posted.)

Lurtor continues "Do you know if ships can fly above the flamewinds without being high enough to count as being in Orbit? "

“Yes that should be possible as long as you don’t leave the atmosphere. Also with some warning we can inform the Iron Republic of your activities. As long as they are kept appraised it should not present a large problem.”
Anise replied.
“I feel I must also remind you to exorcise caution and recall that during a flamewind your levitation artifacts may act in unpredictable ways.”

Lurtor’s crystal begins to blink. When he answers he will hear Anise speaking.

"Agent, I have taken it up with Command and they approved certain assest to help you. Firstly we can offer observation of the storms from orbit to give you warning of approaching Flamewinds. The EEF can loan the UTR some comm crystals to pass along the alerts if they are needed. Second, Command has authorized deployment of Adepts and Aeromancers who will attempt to create normal storms ahead of the Flamewinds and corral them into the deep wastes or the sea. It likey will not stop all of them but should mitigate the damage some what. If you would like this asssitance inform me and we will being preparations.