Live Event 2016: Tor Gog and the Capture of Mortis Leonin

Prologue

Hekeriki sat in the bar talking with her new-found friends. Ryder and Crash joked and laughed, but she noticed a silver shimmer that seemed to coat them both. Looking out across the bar she saw only Visij with his advanced grey forcefield belt, was immune to the spreading infection.
Across the room a K’ias was doing a performance art piece for his Sylvan buddies, and had transformed into a massive Dragon similar in form to those the Chinese on Earth would revere. Even that being had a shimmer, and Hekeriki knew the nanite temporal plague created by Tor Gog in her dark and twisted future had spread backwards through time.
Hekeriki knew she was the main vector of it, but before she could tell Visij about its new virulent nature, there was a flash of blue light. She found herself once more in Maverick’s base, as the Da’uhnb attacked. TEA officers surrounded them on all sides, armed with weapons from all eras of history. Hekeriki saw an older angrier version of Visij staring at her, a grey pistol in his clawed hands. The Da’uhnb Temporal agent was ready to gun her down, and Hekeriki had the strangest sense of Deja Vu.
She didn’t know at the time, that she was experiencing temporal flux from the effects of a shattered Time Shredder device…

There was another blue flash and she found herself among a motley crew drawn from across time. Looking at their odd faces, and hearing their strange names and voices, Hekeriki sighed. It was going to be a long day.

Episode 1: Mortis Leonin

Mortis Leoning stood a proud five foot eleven, with pale pink skin, light blue eyes and a well manicured white beard. His white hair was clipped at the back of his neck with an iron cross with gold accents. Other than that, he was naked, showing off his lack of weapons.

Finally the Quall Queen relented, allowing the strange arrogant human to approach her.

“Welcome human of the Church of One. You are blessed to be in the presence of Kedorox, Last of the Kefeda Queens, honored among the Quall N’drone Hives,” announced the Quall Warrior who stood between Leonin and the Queen.

“I present myself to speak to the Queen, to tell her of the great threats that threaten her,” said Leonin without flinching, “First you must know of the Olgogs.”

“The Olgogs?” asked Kedorox with interest, “What threat to these Olgogs present?”

“I wish to show you the threats they will present,” said Leonin, “I have a technology which will share it.”

Leonin showed the Quall a simple holographic viewer. It was exactly what it seemed, and the Quall Warrior who checked it had served in the I.R. Military and knew his technology. He only passed the device on when it passed every known check. Yet it wasn’t the device that was the threat. The threat was Leonin.

Once the Queen pressed the holographic viewer to her eyes, Leonin used a simple bit of technomancy to reconfigure the parts within seconds. It clamped onto her head, drilling into her skull and severing the part of her brain that allowed her to reach out to the other Quall Hive Queens.

She shrieked psychically to her Warriors, who swarmed around Leonin. Leonin calmly said, “If you try and kill me, then your queen will be killed by that device.”

A Warrior growled, “You will tell us how to free our queen from this device. And you will do so now.”

“Or?” asked Leonin with a cheerful glance.

“Or we will make you suffer,” said another Warrior.

Leonin laughed, “I don’t think so. First you will target the Olgogs. Then I will free your Queen.”

Kedorox roared and said, “We will not be abused into destroying your enemies human. Nor Threatened nor intimidated. I will place my larva inside you. Once it grows, my child will know how to reverse your abilities. It is only a matter of time.”

“I have friends who will protect me, Kefeda Queen,” taunted Leonin, knowing how it would play out because of all the times he had tried and failed before.

“Good then I will use your friends as hosts too,” said the Queen, “A worthy punishment for your terrible disrespect for my species.”

“Then you will need to catch me,” said Leonin before transforming the hair clip into a nanite disassembler. He activated it revealing a Time Shredder.

Leonin disappeared in a flash of blue light, leaving the Quall Queen and her Warriors confused and angry.

They began to fully mobilize gathering their armies quickly, and setting forth to hunt down Leonin and force him to restore their queen’s connection to the other HiveQueens. They knew that the moment the other Hive Queens learned Kedorox had been severed they would declare her a rogue and use her hive as breeding stock for their own larvae.

Leonin had already gathered a network across time, and wherever humans could be found, he had snuck a racist or two to help him get his way. His first stop after taking a well deserved rest, was down to the innocent species known as the Ydyara.

The Yd had never been bad blobs, but Leonin needed a test subject. He arrived at the height of the Ydyara’s foray into interdimensional travel, and promptly led the Kefeda right to them.

When the Kefeda arrived, they were immediately found by the Quall of Ar’yay HiveQueen and the Hives of the Twins Queens. The Quall of these three hives instituted a full invasion of the dimension where the Ydyara planet existed. Every species was co-opted as hosts in case they had information on Mortis Leonin (for the Kefeda) or information on the Kefeda (for the forces of Ar’yay and the Twin Queens). None knew that every bit of information gathered by the Twin Queens was also being shared with the demon known as the Usurper, who had turned one of twin queens to his side.

The Ydyara were driven to extinction, and Mortis Leonin time shredded away.

Next he arrived at the beautiful worlds of the Oleifera. The tree-beings were enlightened geneticists, who bore an extensive biosphere of unique and interesting life on many planets in their own dimension. Yet they had no defense against the armies of the Quall. Their living Bodhi stations, biological space stations that orbited their colonies, were consumed by fire on planet after planet. Many escaped the Kefeda, but none escaped the Quall Hordes that followed them.

Leonin quickly realized someone was on his tail. Beyond the Quall of course. He witnessed some psychic powered heroes take down a Quall Vessel in space, redirecting its fire back into it. Finally tearing it apart until nothing remained, it but slowed the conversion of the planet’s inhabitants. More importantly, Leonin figured out there must be three factions hunting him at least, beyond the Quall. Each time he jumped he would witness the acts of their agents.

With the successful eradication of the Oleifera, Leonin left that dimension and moved forward in time.

They even showed up right as he set off a weapon test of a dimension destroying weapon. Something he hoped would stop the Kefeda after he directed them towards the Olgogs. Instead he discovered it moved to slowly to stop a time shredding enemy. He almost felt bad for the species on that dimension, but it was a good test.

He time shredded again, this time back to his secret lair on Earth. He dropped off this time shredder in a secret vault, and gathered another prized time shredder. He had one he had saved just for this purpose, a perfect one to use for the time shred that would finally wipe out the Olgogs. From his previous two tests, it had been brutal and nearly destroyed the planets involved. This time, instead of attacking a fully evolved Olgog in their own civilization, he would target the species that actually gave birth to them.

He researched a specific form of Kuolo, that had evolved into the Olgogs in the ancient past. With this knowledge in hand he set out to destroy it. Little did Mortis know that a single nanite had spread from one of the temporal agents to his own clothing. And it began to replicate slowly.

Episode 2: Tor Gog and the Finality of Humanity

Tor Gog had seen the humans torture, maim, and kill Olgogs for centuries, and it had hardened her. The flowing technology that went through her body was stolen from a Nano Fusion Sage of Beacon City. It connected her utterly and completely with the time shredder mounted in her chest. She could instantly feel what was going on in countless dimensions and even across alternate timelines.

Each was a wide net, cast to take out the Church of Oner most responsible for the death of so many of her own people.

Tor Gog knew her former allies had somehow saved her younger self, dropping her off with gogs who would grow to be her friends. Gogs who would direct a young Hekeriki down a path where she never became the temporal criminal wanted by the Temporal Enforcement Agency. A path where Hekeriki even became a temporal enforcement agent (freelancer division).

So Tor Gog had to be sneaky how she did things. First by raiding the treasuries of a famous earther Gunslinger named Eli, she gained the funds. Then by raiding the Iron Republic she got the cloning technology she needed. Then by studying a Nano Fusion Sage, she was able to design her own technological equivalent. The Time Shredder had been the hardest part to get, but she got it. Better yet was the Time Travel device she had designed. Something designed to simply fix time, and control the contiuum of a single timeline. It was experimental and highly dangerous, but she didn’t get a moniker like Tor Gog for playing it safe with the lives of others.

In an abandoned sector of space she found a desolate moon, and set up a base of operations. One of many, but most important for her work against Leonin and his…Humans.

With her new continuum lock installed in her chest, nanites pumping it back and forward across her own timeline, Tor Gog suspected she would escape any attack poised by the enemy. Now she was ready for the moment when Leonin’s attack on her species took place.

She could feel the hundreds of agents of the Resistance, Temporal Enforcement Agency, and I.R. Temporal Assassins she had infected with her nanites. Each a chance at killing Leonin, and ending his Temporal Massacres.

Finally she was ready.

She met up with Leonin on a timeline he had created where the Olgogs had been wiped out long before the Earthers came to Refuge.

A future where the Earther had never had a goblin genocide, and instead stayed insular and avoided the aliens known as the Children of the Falosini. But the Northern Kingdoms still held their fear of the Earther colonies, and while it took longer, technomancy still developed. On this Refuge, there was still a General Kal Shek and still meddling Djinni and still a Unity. But when that Unity unleashed a Neliff threat, the Earthers were completely taken unaware.

Leonin found himself in vacant Earther cities, with clouds of Neliff and their offspring overhead. He could not believe his eyes. It seemed for all their flaws, the Olgogs were necessary for the evolution of the Earther society on Refuge. Only by bumbling their first contact, the Earthers would be ready to make the alliances necessary to learn about threats like the Neliff.

Tor Gog activated her nanites pulling her infected army from across time and space. They showed up, confused, and many angry. Weapons were drawn, and pointed, but none drew as fast as Leonin. He cared little for the temporal agents menacing him. He only cared for the Earthers, now little more than host husks for the Neliff.

Swearing to go back and wipe out every Neliff he could find, Leonin fired his gun point blank at his own Time Shredder. It exploded in a flash, and all its changes were reversed. The Time Shredder began reknitting time and space, and Tor Gog’s nanites safely deposited all the confused agents back to their homes across time and space.

All except for Leonin.

He found himself floating in a tube, trapped under the survelliance of the angry old Olgog. Tor Gog stroked her fur as she watched him float, stapled with zela to prevent him from using the Leyas to escape.

Now that his danger was over, Tor Gog was ready to move on to the general threat of humanity…

All characters trapped across time and space have now been returned to Refuge from any threads they are trapped in.