Letters to Lord Grimaldus

An envelop floated on a strange wind, passing through many a mile until it landed in front of the Earther who leads the new towns. Inspecting it would show that its borders were lined with runes. The letter inside was addressed to Lord Grimaldus.

"Lord Grimaldus,

I hear you have left the fanatic Church of One, and have started a search for your own path in your faith. While normally I would not make this offer to any being that is or was a part of such a… strongly opinioned… group, I find myself seeking understanding and knowledge. I wish to know if you, your people, and your faith are able and willing to accept other life forms. For in this time of change the more we can work past our differences, the more likely we are to survive. So if you can see past the teachings of the Church of One, I would offer you a place to build a house of worship in the new city that I am helping to build. There are rules for if you agree, but I must know if you can accept others.

Signed most Respectfully,
Scribe
Knight of the Bladed Sun

P.S.: Place your response in the envelop and it will find me."

Lord Grimaldus scowled at this flying letter, all this magic being thrown around, was unnatural, and this Scribe was presumptuous to send him a letter directly, this is why he assigned Resugent as the one to speak to these savages. ‘If I can see past the teaching of the Church of One’? Such, insolence, such arrogance, of this ‘Knight’. Willing to accept other life forms? He had a dog which he liked, though this self important shit meant other speaking species he was sure. Grimaldus was in charge of two separate towns that accepted all races, the largest integrated area south of the colonies and this arrogant worm asks of he was willing to accept other life forms? Grimaldus grabbed some ink and a pen.

"I am Lord Grimaldus, I lead the Townships of Absolom and Hebron in the southern lands. They are both integrated and have members of just about every species known to this planet. That is not hidden knowledge, just about everyone in these lands knows that. I have worked harder then you could possibly imagine to change the perspectives of many who viewed non humans as vermin who only deserved a painful death. Using that as a start I created the largest integrated communities south of the Colonial lands. This is a massive undertaking, so I regret to inform you that I cannot spare anyone to help in your construction. Oh, and in the future please send mail through the proper channels rather then flying directly to me. It startled my dog.

Signed by
Arnold Grimaldus
Lord of the Provisional Colony.

P.S. My dog peed on your envelop, I think it might have enhanced it a bit. Though that just might be my opinion.

The next letter was waiting in Lord Grimaldus’ desk, thought this one had more runes on it then the previous one.

"Lord Grimaldus,
I do apologize if my previous letter seemed to brash or out of order. For all of my life, excluding the past few weeks, I was raised in a place that was isolated from the rest of the world. I have very little knowledge on what others consider ‘proper’ or even how to act around those of a higher class in society. That in mind I would like to repeat what I said before. I wish to know if those that left the Church with you have a central faith, and if so is it peaceful and open to all sentient living beings. I need no help in building the city, that is already well under way. I am trying to contact as many Faiths as I can to make sure that the places of worship that are built for them meets the requirements of their faith.

Again I do apologize if I seem out of order, I simply do not have the knowledge that I need. I am aware you are busy with the over seeing of two cities. I hardly have time for my studies and I only have one city to see to. Please respond when you are not busy, and please inform me of who I should be corresponding with so that your dog does not soil another envelop.

signed,
Scribe
Knight of the Bladed Sun

Another letter, on his desk when he walked in. Did this Scribe want to piss him off? This was getting on Grimaldus’ nerves. Opening it up and reading it Grimaldus rolled his eyes. It is like he didn’t even read the actual response. Picking up his pen.

"I believe in the will of God, he is my protector and guide. I am his knight and his divine bulwark against the evils that threaten my people. We are finding our way after leaving the Church of One, we do not currently have a centralized Church so there is no need for one in your city.

Signed
Lord Grimaldus"

When Scribe received the letter it is once again covered in dog pee, this time almost like it was deliberately coated in it.