introduct

An Earther Merchant has appeared from the North carrying the hides of Mal’ie and twenty suits of fine leather armor and twenty iron hand axes. The Merchants Caravan has been set up outside the ruins of Brez between three high dunes.
The Merchant, named Kelsey Braunn, is seeking rare animals and monsters to bring north to the Colliseum of Neo Vargas.

Nngao arrived at the campsite of the Merchant of Death just before night fell.
“I have come from the south with tales of the Pit Mongrels, and have fresh water to trade,” said the older K’iorn warrior creating water in one hand, having it pour over the other hand and then run down to the sand.
“Im traveling north to the lands of the Gang of the Uf Mag’og, and I will need some Mal’ie hides and I will trade you as much water as you need.”

Kelsey ageed immediately, “Traveler if you can refill our water jugs with potable water, then you can have food and a pair of fine Mal’ie hides for your troubles. It will allow me to let our Aquamancer Lethez the Llandreu sleep in his fishbowl.”

In one of the carts was a human-sized fishbowl with a Llandreu sleeping in it with a trail of bubbles moving up from his mouth. The alien merfolk seemed little more than a prisoner on the top of the cart.

There was a flash of Blue light and appeared a swashbuckler dressed in red cloaks and rusty plate mail with a wide brimmed hat with a plume on it.

He walked over to the Llandreu’s fishbowl and dipped a wooden cup into it and began drinking from it.
Ignoring Nngao’s wary stance and Kelsy’s glare, Maverick sat down next to them and pulled out a wallet. Inside were bundles of paper money and a single gold coin.

Did Kelsy’s eye grow wider at the sight of the gold? wondered Maverick.

He picked out the coin and held it aloft.

Looking up at Kelsey he asked the merchant (while really looking at Nngao) and said, “I seek knowledge of a Kiorn known as the Nameless Ranger. A time of alignment is coming, and the Warmonger’s Cult has sent their minions abroad to find him. He appears throughout time to aid against Warmongers forces. He is not an ascended being nor an Avatar, merely a hero trapped in time.”

Kelsey looks at him in outright confusion, “Ain’t seen no ranger, nameless or otherwise. Last K’iorn I saw was a gal looking for the same strange guy. Maybe she has more information. In any case, I don’t know you sir, and I’d kindly have you leave my camp.”

“I know of the K’iorn of which you speak,” said Nngao, “A wanderer of the legendary Starfalcon tribe. He was a friend of my son, who told me this Nameless Ranger was bearer of both the Daemonsbane sword and bearer of the Armenius Orbs for many years. That is a challenge of facing the full force of Warmonger’s will. I hope the Falosini gave him the strength to resist their pull.
Nothing good comes from Time Shredders, Earther, mark my words. You will bring unhappyness on yourself and the universe.
If you truly wish to find the Nameless Ranger, you must consult the Mighty Uth Zaodonai Celyse. Only her seers will be able to pinpoint his next appearance in our timeline.”

Nngao finished doing his work of filling the water jugs and then went to sleep beside the fire wrapped in two warm Ma’lie hides and feeling much more positive about traveling the next day onward to the Gang of Uf Mag’og.

Lalon approaches the trader. He says “Greetings Trader. My tribe requires a few different things I was hoping we could trade for. We need hides most of all. Also, I was looking for some Springshots. We do not have many animals in our caves, but we have other things to trade like water, wood, and obsidian. We also create spears like this? What could you want to trade for?” Lalon shows his spear in a non offensive way.

Kelsey respectfully takes the spear and begins assessing it. He seems impressed with the craftmanship.
“Little use for wooden spears up north, my friend. But these are some of the finest I have seen outside of the Groves of the Wood Shapers of S’vana.
Truth be told I am really looking for something big, scary and breathing. I’ve got my eye on capturing a Mighty Yadol alive to bring up to the Colliseums at Neo Vargas.
If you can capture a Mighty Yadol alive, I can handle getting it from wherever you catch it to the border and beyond. In Exchange I can offer you enough hides for your tribe to survive and thrive in the upcoming winter, sorry what do your people call it? season of the Bone Caretaker or something like that?”

Lalon thinks about this for a minute. “A Yadol is a little out of my range, but my Elder is near by with some of my tribesmen. We should be able to capture one. In groups we kill them, but only the best can do it alone. I will be back soon.”

Lalon goes and finds Auf Laylan. He tells him “I have a way for us to get the hides we need for this winter. But I need help. We need to cature a Yodal.”
Auf Laylan, looks over the scene thinking to himself, “I cannot purify all of this by myself. I have done what I can for now by bringing everyone back I could and gathering the salvage we can. We need the supplies before the storms. Once we return to the caves, we will have to gather enough Aufs and Gogs to restore the lands.”

Laylan then turns to the his tribes tribesmen, " Dolan and Golan go and take our salvage back to the caves, and then come back to me. Use this stone to reach me when you come back to find our location." He hands a stone to Dolan and then finishes "Rest of you, Let us go where we can find a Yodal. "

— Plan —
Since Lalon is near Brez he goes an gets his elder, Auf Lalyan and the 6 other tribesmen that were fighting with him. Auf Lalyan will merge earth leyas and Healing Leyas to sense what is in the ground (He will sacrifice a crafted artificed Lightning spear he made if needed). Lalyan will sustain this ability while they search. Once they find a Yodal near by, the tribesmen will grow a bunch of vines in an area. In the center of the vines, they will kill an animal and let the blood soak into the ground. (They will not use something the Brez tribes consider theirs). Then they will move away from the trap.

When the Yodal comes up out of the ground to get the food, from a distance, the tribesmen will use the vines they grew to entangle the Yodal with vines. Next the Auf Lalyan will use Nerve disruption on it until it is knock unconscious. Once it unconscious, they will finish entangling it. Then Lalon will go fetch the Trader and bring him back to the Yodal. By this time a skimmer should return to take the hides back.

And so it was that the trap was set. They picked the choicest brezan stalker and let its blood seep into the ground, and the mighty yadol came burrowing up. They moved to wrap it with vines as three more Yadols suddenly sprung up around the now startled Olgogs.

–[Mission created here]–