Intermission 2: The Hovertrain to Chooru with Stops in ?

“If that is all gogs I must be going. I do not wish to leave my kin with Lord Mada for too long.” Dargor’lur said.

Lurtor repeats over the commcrystal "OK guys, I’ve found something that is troubling for the Most of the Olgog nations. There is this factory of Warmonger’s dead that are outfitting Giants with Gun Power based weapons. I’m told the Yyan Nation is involved which makes me think the Neliffs might be at play here.

I would like the team to check this out together so that we can determine the Neliff threat and stop the possible future attacks against near by targets like drewsport or other parts of Unen and Brez."

(OOC Trying to create cover for the Mission. I’m only relaying stuff from the description of the mission)

Lurtor continues “I’ve also asked Lalder to see if he can gain access to any Balgogs for Kolgol. I do agree that they can fight the Neliffs without the danger one of us would have.”

Dargor’lur said “I will ask Lord Mada if he would be kind enough to send a few of the Nightmares with me, will be in touch shortly.”

Lurtor says “I have received confirmation Kolgol. The Lur Union does have 1 Balgog and 1 Sword Bearer in the Lur Union armory. When its time for a mission, one of the other Lur Union members can get these for you. For this factory, I will have Lalder stow them on our ride.”

Kolgol looked up in surprise. He hadn’t expected to be trusted with such heavy hardware, even though he’d been good thus far.

“Very well, just tell me what you want them to do and I’ll see to it that it is done. However, if I heard correctly, you mentioned there was gunpowder in this factory, which does not mix well with fiery automatons. If you wish any sort of non-explosive resolution to this problem, I would suggest you leave them in the vanguard of our forces, just at least until we know if the factory can be salvaged intact or not.”

Lurtor thought for a moment, and says "That is a very good point. But also remember there will be warmongers dead there as well. All we know is they are not friendly.

So we can keep the Balgog in a reachable distance for you Kolgol. Then if we need a distraction, you can light something up.

Otherwise i think we should operate in a tight group. Using Gobbog as lead Between his and my senses we should be able to steer clear of any Neliff and get into position to take them out at range.

Also, we should quietly take out the warmongers dead. They will just keep helping the Neliffs as they have helped the giants in the past. There seems to be a relation there.

I have some phoenix strike pistols if you need a light based weapon to fight the undead. I have some weapon studs that make a melee weapon affected with Solar essence. It will cause great deal of damage to any undead struck.

Does anyone have a preference of what to do with the factory. I don’t care if it is blown up in the end. Maybe we could get some useful supplies to be used against that demon there? I don’t think I would want the gun powder, but the warmonger’s dead’s weapons would be useful."

After the adventure at the plant, the VLAD squad returned to the safehouse to plan their next move. Lurtor was rightfully upset about the sniping incident.

On the far side of the room Kolgol sat on a chair, and the Sword Wielder Inferno knelt in front of him. His hands absent mindedly petted the head of the massive golem.

Gobbog was quiet where he stood, adjusting his uniform. Both he and Dargor’lur had not been very helpful in the mission, and both Olgogs seemed unwilling to meet Lurtor’s gaze knowing their squadmate had taken a bullet.

On the table in front of them was a folder detailing the planned rocket launch on Mag Buskt island and the week of festival.

Lurtor says "I worry about this Launch almost as much as the Neliffs. This could cause nothing or space strikes. What would OtO do once in space, deploy more weapons? His last contact with something in space, he killed THousands in Tla’loc’al.

Fixx, do you know the EEF’s stand on this ship launch? I assume if this were allowed to happen it would break the treaty? Or at least have the Iron Republic react?"

Fixx said, "The launch itself wouldn’t break the treaty, but the IR would probably invade the south lands as a police action. I guess it would depend how the Colonies responded to the police action.

But yeah after OtO’s orbital attack on Tla’loc’al I wouldn’t trust him or his allies with space superiority."

Lurtor says "Any ideas?

Lalder is going to try and convince Mag Buskt not to go ahead with this, but I doubt that will work.

I was thinking the best way might be just to cause the Launcher not to give it enough force to reach orbit. Let it look like a failure, no one gets hurt, shot out of the sky, nuked, orbital bombed, etc. how much shapeshifting leyas or Troubadour do each of you know?

I might be able to artifice something to disguise yourself, if you don’t have the ability."

(OOC sorry for the delay in posting, RL got hectic. Darn snow storms. If you don’t think its possible to do this thread let me know. I have a plan for Lalder as well, though he’ll mainly be trying diplomatic solutions.)

Kolgol looked up from where he was sitting, and contemplated something for a moment. Then he said,

“I’d be more than willing to help out with this, but I would be quickly recognized by most of the people there, who probably have to this point assumed that I am dead. I’d like to keep it that way, so a disguise of some kind would be a good idea for me. I can’t do it myself, but perhaps an artifact may do the trick…”

Wicked Fixx pulled out a small box of cosmetics. He began sorting through fur extensions and eye lashes. Then he held up some blue-green fur and said, “I can disguise you the old fashioned way. Would you prefer to look like an old Bruskti hag or an old wizened karovian herder?”

Lurtor says "Non Leyas disguise would be best. I would take you up on that as well if you don’t mind. a couple of old Bruskti wouldn’t be a bad idea. This would also prevent Leyas sight from picking the disguise up.

With that, how do you think we could keep this ship from space without blowing it up. I would prefer it looked like a mechanical issue rather than sabotage. I thought maybe draining the power out of the launcher at an important moment… maybe something that causes issue with the aerody…man… How its shaped. Something that expands causing the ship to loose balance. That might knock it out. Something to affect the pilot after x amount of time… Do you think they will have a breathing tube? Or an air purifier?

The issue is these are all really well guarded.

The other thing we will want to make sure is that we have a quick way out. They had alot of Zela, though I think some of that was payment for services, not to build the ship. I think a few backup plans wouldn’t be bad.

I can teleport us out in extreme… Like if the Iron Republic responds with orbital strike. I really don’t want to stick around if the ship makes it to orbit."

Kolgol ran his hands through his red fur absentmindedly before replying to Fixx.

“A bruskti will do just fine, but go easy on the hag part, I don’t want to stand out or anything.”

He turned to Lurtor and said,

“It is likely that even disguised our presence would be noticed and perhaps acted on if we were to approach the launch site directly. They may have the pilots out talking to people during the party, or if not we could express interest in meeting them. Perhaps we could obtain a poison of some kind that will take a certain amount of time to kick in that we may be able to slip into their drink or something.”

“If not that path, than I suppose we could use leyas on the craft before or shortly after it leaves, but that would be quite obvious and we would want a solid escape plan in place of course.”

Lurtor says "I have an idea for a trap for the ship. It would have to be stuck to the ship. But it would have to also not activate right away either… Timer. I’m still checking into it.

As for getting around. I can teleport if needed. I also know the island and have been there before. So I can even teleport in if needed. There is also a volcano on the island that might provide us with an meeting place, or even a regrouping place.

There are also lots of shadows too."

Lurtor says “I’m thinking about scouting the area first as well. I’m not sure if you wish to join me. But i have an idea of where we can hold up between scoutings.”

Lurtor says "To get around, I plan to use the shadows. I will look into different ways to reach the spaceship. There is a volcano that is good meetup spot if something goes wrong. I also have a few ways out as well. Once I get to see which ones are possible, I’ll relay that to you. Also, I have an artifact for you. Place this on this ship and it will do the rest. I will have one as well to plant. I’ll see if I can plant it through leyas or some other means. If you have any ideas relay them.

It is important is for neither of us to get caught. The ship should not make orbit, saving the EEF from shooting it down. Or even worst, the IR from noticing. But also no need to cause additional conflict."

(OOC this should let Kolgol know most of my mission post, sorry at work so don’t have much time to come up with something spiffy :-p )