Intermission 2: The Hovertrain to Chooru with Stops in ?

[This thread is currently only open to Kolgol, Orlur, Ka Gor tribe, and EEF Field Marshall Strykker]

Gobbog felt nauseous. Five hours in the heat with a black bag over your head will do that. There was a sickly sweet taste in the back of his mouth, probably offgassing from the plastics in the synthetic fibers of the bag.

Gobbog was finally picked up, felt his mangled leg fixed by a nanite syringe and was tossed onto a cushioned surface. He heard a faint clicking noise, and then a whistle and an intercom voice call out, “All Aboard! Last Call for the 14:20 Chooru-bound Hovertrain!”

Gobbog reached up with his cuffed hands and pulled up the black hood and peaked around. Next to him was Kolgol, and Dargor’lur. They were each cuffed at the wrists and ankles. Their ankles were further affixed to the floor by steel cables running through a metal ring inset in the floor. Each of them had limited movement, but Gobbog realized that no one was physically in the private cabin of the Hovertrain except them.

He glanced up out of habit, and as expected an EEF holo-vid camera was pointed directly at them from the corner of the room. Its microphone would be good enough to hear anything they said.

They cannot leave, but maybe they could plan a better escape…or…?

Kolgol yawned, waking up from an unsatisfactory nap. He reached up to scratch his head, but found his wrists impaired by cuffs tightened just a bit excessively. Sighing, he glanced casually about his surroundings. Noticing that he was no longer alone in being imprisoned, a sardonic smile crept across his face. He extended a shackled hand to the other two in the cabin.

“I see you’ve also had the luxury to indulge in these first class accommodations. What I am curious about however, is why you are in here with me, aside from my charming personality.”

“You are why we are here.”

Gobbog shuffled his feet. His foot so recently busted by the ammunition was not quite fully healed. Yes the foot worked but I hurt. It was a radiating sort of pain from the toes down.
He gritted his teeth.

He said, “Hey Kolgol do you know how much of a challenge it is to meet with you?
I am Gobbog. I am allies with an alien race know as the Aryeserai.
Their blessing could free you and your tribe from Kaloks control.
Do you wish to save your people?”

Kolgol’s smile faded slowly, his eyes narrowing calculatingly.

“Before I answer that question, I would have each of you answer mine. Who are you exactly, and why do you seek to help me, an accused criminal?”

“I was told you do give you a message. ‘The four brothers come together. The wise stone, the unseen wind, the angry rain, and the misguided flame. Where we first met to change our way, we must meet once more to have our say’. As for who I am. I am one who wants to get you to where you can make changes. That’s all I can say for now.”

Gobbog looks at Dargor’lur feeling quite hurt by proof of further betrayals among the “heroes” he had assembled.
The tiny greenfur Olgog said, “I actually was the hiring agent. So I have NO CLUE what Dargor’lur is talking about. Though I’m starting to suspect all the mercs who I tried to hire sold me out. That makes it hard to trust Mercs in the future.
Why hire people outside my group if they just leave us open to betrayal?”

'Now that that rant is over I feel better much better.
I am Gobbog as I first said. I work for the Aryeserai who serve the good. The Aryeserai are a type of alien larva but doesn’t take over and kill you like a Quall Larva.
Instead its a friend and symbiote who allows you nearly eternal life and youth.
Once a host takes on an Aryeserai Symbiote they are protected from all demonic influence.
My friends the Aryeserai could help you save your tribe from the Kalok. My friends could help you imprison Kalok but free your people. The Ka Rhug tribe could be know as the wise and great wardens of the demon Kalok instead of his pawns.
You could regain your leadership and overthrow the usurping demon.
Please at least consider my offer.
I will try and answer any questions you have."

Kolgol leaned back, staring at the wall of the train car. He envisioned the world that the tiny olgog spoke of in wonder, and a few minutes passed before he spoke again.

Looking first at Dargor’lur, he said;

I’m afraid I am not known for my skill in solving riddles, but if you want me to meet with someone, I am open to negotiations.

Turning to Gobbog he spoke,

I am intrigued by this offer, but how do I know that I will not simply become a pawn of these Aryeserai instead? While tempting, I have learned my lesson that when something seems too good to be true, it usually is. Is there a way I could speak to the leadership of these symbiotes? Do they have some sort of goal they are trying to accomplish here on Der’al?

And I must confess, this conversation seems a little far fetched as I’m most likely on my way to be executed for daring to step outside the bounds the EEF have imposed on my people."

To Gobbog Dargor’lur said “I never intended to betray you. As far as I knew you were to be invited to separate meeting to handle your problems.”

To Kolgol he said “To put it bluntly your brothers are calling you home to fight the darkness you released. The same brothers who stood by you in battle and who now fight for your people.”

Kolgol seemed resentful for a moment, then he looked darkly at the olgog saying,

“The same brothers that turned against us in our time of need? The ones that butchered our forces on the slopes of Mt Rhug and allied with scum such as the EEF? The only ones who stood by us on that day were the immutables, the irony of which I cannot even begin to impart upon you. I don’t know who you are, yet you speak as if you are familiar with my tribe in some way.”

Gobbog said, "Of all people I can understand your fears. When the Quall Ndrone implanted me with a larva it was widely different from the Aryeserai who now is my constant companion.

Quall larva use you to spawn. They don’t care about you.

Aryeserai are mighty different. They cannot take control of you like a Quall larva does.

The Aryeserai have but one goal, to redeem those contaminated by the ancient evils. We look to Ar’yay Hivequeen who unlike any other Quall Queen sacrificed herself to cure those pit mongrels and flayers under her leadership.

The Aryeserai represent love and healing while the Quall represent conquest.

When your tribe fell to the demons control that is what draws the Aryeserai attention.
The Aryeserai hold Free will as sacrosanct.It is an important part of their philosophy."

The Aryeserai symbiote in Gobbog whispered inside Gobbogs head, “that sounds just a bit shady. Tell him the full truth. We cannot have his people suffer just because you are bad at explaining stuff.”

Gobbog tried again, "Kolgol I understand your fears because in the case of most larval aliens your suspicions would be right. But the Aryeserai are a result of Love and acceptance.
My man there is not a kindlier creature in the galaxy.

The only downside is the Iron Republic doesn’t like them. Probably because the Aryeserai want to free others from the oppression of the Quall."

The symbiote whispered, “A good try there Gobbog. We are proud of you. Now the choice lies with Kolgol.
It will be his choice. The Aryeserai will never knowingly force themselves on others.”

“I see, this does sound highly beneficial if they really do what you say. I will take this into serious consideration, and perhaps this could be the first step towards reclaiming my ancestral home. I do not care about this ‘Iron Republic’, but if I agree to your terms, I will take necessary precaution nonetheless.”

He thought for a moment, then asked,

“Would this procedure also free olgogs who have already been corrupted by demonic influence?”

Gobbog replies, "Can it reverse what happened to your tribals Yes.
But it can only be done to those who willingly join with the symbiote.

If they embrace their demonic master more than they desire freedom then the Aryeserai cannot force them to be freed.

It is my hope that you Kolgol will be able to convince them of the right way."

Kolgol nodded slowly.

“Then we are in agreement. But there is still the matter of our current imprisonment…”

Dargor’lur looked at the fallen leader. “Once more it seems how we see things will bring more fighting between our family. They did not side with the EEF. Last I heard the EEF were there at the request of another. We did not slaughter your tribe, there are those out there that now fight the dark one. We fight beside them to remove it from our home. The problem is that they still look to you for guidance. Without you they have no hope, no life. So when we heard about this attempt to free you I came hoping to bring back the hope your tribe needs to get stronger.”

To Gobbog he said “Your Aryeserai are great and honored warriors among my tribe. Those they sent to us before their sacrifice told many stories of their strength, but also their kindness. Last I saw there was a statue being built in the image of one of the warriors to honor such noble creatures. I know not how it goes or if it has changed but once home I hope to tell those that miss the past home that there are those out there that are still of the Aryeserai.”

“As for what we do now. Well we could try trading with the EEF for our freedom, though that is very unlikely to work as all we have is knowledge and most of it is no good anymore. We could try to escape, but then we just get shot and end up back where we are. We could wait for others to break us out, but then there is the risk of them just capturing more of us. Or we could wait for the EEF to finish with us, by which time the dark one will have moved on from where he was now and started to attack their people. So the way I see it they could free us and have a force allied against the dark one or they can be consumed in flames.”

There was the sound of an AAV docking midflight with the train. The door opened revealing an Olgog.
[Lurtor may now post to this mission with VLAD EEF approval]

Lurtor listened to the conversation on his way to the train. He was very happen to see that Gobbog did have good intentions. Maybe that is why they agreed with his idea.
As the door opened, Lurtor took stock of what he saw. It was never good for the prisoners, especially with Leyas abilities.

If any of the Head sacks were still on, Lurtor would take them off noting the cuffs. Those he did not have the keys for, nor the desire to take them off yet. He didn’t want their misplaced anger to lash out at him before he got to make the offer. He hoped they each understood the effort that went behind doing this.

Lurtor says "Gobbog, I wish you had come to me with this idea. I could have pushed to gain access to Kolgol, like I have done to meet with you all now. I know of you from your dealings with Lalder. So I talked to my bosses to see what could be done.

I bring an alternative to all of you instead of being prosecuted and punished for your crimes. And Kolgol, this is even open to you now that you’ve accepted Gobbog’s offer. All of you, Please don’t dismiss this without careful thought and/or discussion. I worked hard to get it and the EEF really doesn’t want to imprison good gogs.

This is what I got authorized to offer each of you:
One, Complete 5 missions for the EEF. These are unnamed, but in my experience, missions are typically compatible with the ones sent on them. They want their missions to succeed after all.
Two, Agree and be tracked until these missions are completed. This will be done with either a Leyas and/or technical tracking.
three, There is no pay/compensation for these missions. You may keep any loot from them as long as they are not dangerous to others. Case by Case basis on the items.

In exchange for this:
First, during the time between now and the completion of your 5th mission, you will not be prosecuted for your current crimes. Note Current.
Next, after the 5th mission’s completion, you would receive a full pardon for your current crimes.
Finally, if you wish, you could consider these missions as your tryouts, if you wish to join. Its not a guarantee of membership, but consideration. But with your skills and abilities I think it is likely as long as your methods are good.

This is a pretty good offer with a way out of your current troubles. Also I doubt any part is negotiable.

I will answer any questions that I can. "

Lurtor thought to stop here, and see what their reaction is before he explained anymore. He also still hadn’t broke his habit of not mentioning VLAD, but thanks to OtO, most knew he worked for VLAD.

(OOC I figured that stating the possible deal part didn’t need to be dragged out, it will be the acceptance or rejection that will be important.)

Kolgol winced as the door opened, glancing up in surprise. This surprise gave way to anger as he saw who it was. He was not given to blind rage however, and he listened (tensely) to his proposition. His anger proceeded to open faced disbelief at the offer.

“You want me to do missions for you while my people suffer? How long will I do their dirty work before they decide I am not useful anymore, and why should I trust that the EEF won’t just throw me in prison again as soon as I finish these tasks, and let my tribe wither away to nothingness?”

Lurtor says "Remember Kolgol, your people suffer because you, and not others, summoned a demon and attacked your friends. Friends who gave you and your tribe every chance to turn around. Many died in the Simonsburg attack. So Kolgol, you are the one who has to earn others trust. Not the other way around. And that is the opportunity that you are being given. A chance to redeem yourself.

Your missions won’t be to help grandma cross the road. I know my last mission possibly saved millions by stopping an infestation of an evil creature. Do not think lite of what we do, and what I’m giving you a chance to be a part of. In fact, when I’m done with this, I have another task to do.

As for your people, I wouldn’t be surprised if your demon is an eventual mission. But I doubt they would throw you in without giving you a chance to learn to resist the demon’s influence under easier circumstances. They don’t want you to fail, so they won’t set you up to fail.

As to your last concern, If you accept, and complete your missions, you will not go into a hole or a prison. They will hold to their word. Lalder knows of this. He hopes you will return to the gog you were before. And if you do, he will make sure you go free Kolgol.

For the other 2, you have very little to worry about. You killed no one. Even went out of your way not to. That is the reason this offer exists. Complete your missions, and I hope you get the chance to join and take it. We need good gogs."

(OOC Lurtor does believe in his work protecting others though he knows not everyone in VLAD is a boy scout, but he does know the leaders.)