Intermission 2: Meeting to discuss the Jailbreak of Kolgol

Gobbog of the Aryeserai and Army of the True Flame is assembling heroes to rescue Kolgol from the EEF holding cells in Brez.

Gobbog is a green-fur former Kolgul Militiagog, at his side is an Aegelis named Kitty.

The setting is a private lounge in a bombed out building in Brez.

Drinks and food are available, and the staff are paid to keep their mouths shut about anything they see or hear.

Gobbog was dressed in a fine Army of the True Flame uniform. Quall Bone, Red Leather, and red silk, he was styling.

At his side was his aegelis Lady-friend Kitty, also in red silks (though they wouldn’t be on for long if she popped out her wings of fire).

They were an elegant couple, and made the scene at the private club they had rented out for this rendezvous.

Gobbog was holding a fine martini in the Earther style, but he made sure a trio of olives graced the wooden pick holding them in place.

“I have gotten some insight into the troop deployments” said Gobbog, "Former allies in the EEF gave us the down low on all the guards and shift changes.

I know the EEF are a threat, and I’d rather not make them our enemy. Can we go in non-lethal? Maybe just do a rescue without collateral damage?"

Dargor’lur, current captain of the Frozen Fist said “We could cover the area in smoke or even a small sandstorm and have a few who are trained with their second lid go in, dressed in different items that hides who they are, then take him away from the EEF.”

His fruit drink was cold from the freezing leyas that came off of the two rings he wore.

Olgog the Olgog

And all that is going to get you is the mechs at the base to turn on thermal vision and shoot anything that they think is an enemy. A quick way to a painful death and prison inside the colonies, if you are lucky.

looking around You need me on this mission if you want any chance to succeed. I know the training, tactics and the computer systems of the EEF. I can get in and make this raid much easier by accessing the computers and providing electronic orders to either confuse and delay response of the EEF soldiers. And then there is the combat skills I am very capable of deploying.

looking at Gobbog Of course I have a price. On the shores of Mag Buskt’s Island, I defeated the then leader of Gutor’uf, Rapi’og. His challenge made it a transfer of leadership to Mag Buskt, through me. I was told I would have 9 tasks, of which I was given one by the group of gogs assigned to decide them. After this, and this I will give you a choice, a regent of my choice will reign over the tradition lands of Gultor’uf until the point in time which the “council of trials” finally gets off there ass and finishes giving me the trials or the land is under Mag Buskt to reign. In addition to this, I expect that you will attempt to get your ally to return the kidnapped ferals, as you call them. I really have a problem with the krato, as the idea of gogs being used as labor and then eaten alive disgusts me.

An olgog with a dirty trench coat and huge machine gun on his back steps forward.

Godart: sigh Are you really going to rescue this Kolgol fellow? 'Cause it might cut into my little “ask nicely for a hovertrain at gun point” thing I was planing on that day. I could do that on 'ther month of course depending on what happens.

looking at Olgog the Olgog You have an island and what’s that all about?

Olgog the Olgog

I don’t have the pleasure of knowing who you are, care to enlighten me? OtO said in the archaic bruski dialect he knew.

It is obvious that you wish to speak to me, we can take care of this after I am done with these gogs here? They aren’t exactly friendly with me and my value is with the knowledge and skills I have that are applicable to the situation at hand.

Judging by your armaments, I would invite you to join me if an agreement is reached. Any thing we loot we can split at “my island” as you call it.

to OtO Who the hell do you think am I? I’m Godart of the Lucky Fate. I was just curious about this whole exposition you made about having an island when some guys are here talking about a jailbreak for some other guy. Just seemed a little weird to state.

Anyhow what’s your skin in this?

GoDart, hmm that name doesn’t ring any bells. I haven’t heard of you or this lucky fate.

I am champion of Mag Buskt, my base of operations is on his island.

I have land that is under control of the Deral collective. Generally my claim isn’t recognized because Taloc’al has branded me a criminal. Supposively, they were to give me trials to gain my freedom back but I was only given one. While everyone considered me criminal mine and Mag Buskt’s wisdom said it would be better to not rock the boat. Since then, the incompetent leader got himself and most of this tribe killed. I am here to obtain Mag Buskt’s land back, preferably without me having to kill the rest of the Deral Collective.

Hell, this wouldn’t be an issue if the other tribes would of recognized me earlier, I would have just beat Rapi’og and Bill down and enforced my way on this tribe.

I have no skin in this, in fact I would rather see the whole damn tribe of Kolgol dead. In my first trial, several tribes explained to me what they did with immutable child gogs, and the member from Kolgol explained that they loved throwing them into a volcano. The described it as a gift.

I’m here for one reason and one reason only, to make a deal to get Mag Buskt’s land back.

“If we can only see the wounds, we will never learn from our scars. Let us speak of the here and now and leave what has been done for a different day.” Dargor’lur said, trying to keep another meeting from descending into petty arguments.

“If using those as cover wont work then we need to find other ways to remove Kolgol from the EEF while not reveling who it is that takes him.”

Olgog the Olgog
I
I’m waiting for Gobbog answer, he knows my price to help in this endevour. While I wait for his answer I see no issue in having a conversation with GoDart.

Yeah, yeah peace and love. Peace and love. smirk

Heh Gobbog. Heh Dargor’lur. I got an option to get this Kolgol guy with next to little bloodshed. How do you jailbreak someone without the hams knowing it’s a jailbreak? You dress up like a ham. I got the ham suits and ham vehicle for the job. If Olgog can put his mouth where your ghaz is, I bet he could make a few calls. The cute part of it is they won’t figure it out until it’s too late.

While he did not understand most of what GoDart had said he understood what he meant.

“I do not think that will work. Unless Olgog is by some chance still on their list of warriors they will most likely have ways to tell when a gog is not of them. As for your belief that I am not a warrior.” before the man could think he had a shadow dagger at his throat and one of the rings pointed to his stones. “Just because I believe in the great Cycle held by the Totems does not mean I will not take a life, or other limbs. Remember that next time you speak.” with that he let the leyas dissipate from his hand as he sat back down.

Olgog the Olgog

*without any movement, in a dry voice *

And gogs say I’m uncivilized . . .

And you aren’t a warrior and being able to fight doesn’t make you one. A fool like you on the battlefield is a liability and often would end up dead. Use your eyes, don’t you see that machine gun on his back? Who uses tech like that? Immutables, thats who. Gogs immune to the leyas. Your dagger would have done nothing and would have enabled him to kill you easily.

GoDart’s plan would work, if we could access the EEF computer system and fabricate orders. I have the skills to do that, just not the access to the machines to do so. We don’t have time to go that route, but it’s the better of the two plans I have heard here.

Doesn’t seem upset at Dargor’lur

Chill dude… well in this case - calm you emotions to a neutral level.

Turns to Olgog and Gobbog

Well, I guess I can change my plans for a hover train. I’m going to do some walking, do some thinking, and do some door kicking. Stay frosty gogs and gals.

Gobbog’s face betrayed no emotion when OtO spoke. It seemed to him too much of the days news was about OtO and GulTor Uf and he didn’t want to add their lists of enemies to his own.

He turned to Godart, "I like your plan involving the fake vehicle and soldiers. I would be very interested in that. If you might allow I have five KGM veterans who would be able to talk the talk and walk the walk as former EEFers.
If your Gogs, Godart, can handle the tech end and driving end we have a good plan.

We will need a good distraction to draw off or disable the real vehicle."

Gobbog turned towards OtO and said, "Your price is too high. You have done nothing to earn the lands you now are trying to claim. And frankly you have many enemies in these lands that I do not want as my own.
If you wish to join us and take a fair wage for a days work we can employ you Olgog the Olgog.

But if you put your price so absurdly high then I did a simple cost benefit analysis and I don’t calculate that price being a fare wage for a days work."

Kitty the Aegelis leaned in and said, "Don’t let sweet Gobbog make you feel unwelcome.

Perhaps there is a more reasonable payment you would like?"

Olgog the Olgog

No, I gave my price for helping. If you won’t pay it I won’t participate. It’s as simple as that.

And this is reasonable, rumor has it that you claimed that Gultor’uf was ilresponsible with the ferals. Since you have taken over the area, the only change that has happen is the Ur kings tribe has been making open season on the tribe there.

I take issues with the kidnapping, enslavement, and eating alive of these gogs. There is really no need for it.

Olgog the Olgog

GoDart, I formally offer the invitation of the Champion of Mag Buskt to come visit our island. It looks like my presence is going to be better suited elsewhere. I can show you the way, when I leave.