Hell Gate Escape Planing

Glog sat with the others who were trapped in the hell gate during the attack. His only comfort being the patches of snow and the spears that he and his tribesmen had made.

“What are we to do? If we attack again we risk making things worse, but if we leave then this darkness can attack our homes.” looking at his fellow prisoners he says “What do you guys think.”

Lord Mada, who does not consider himself a prisoner, turns to face Glog. “Ah, I remember you. Travel here often?” He joked. “I don’t know about you, but I’m here on a job and I don’t intend to leave before it’s finished. As for the plan to leave, when the time comes, I can open an energy bridge to another dimension. From there, we can travel to another bridge that will return us to Refuge. It wouldn’t be a pleasant journey, but it would get us there.”

(OOC: The energy bridge idea is only a suggestion, and lemme know if theres a flaw in the plan.)

Eru’Khaz stepped forward from his group, and addressed Lord Mada and Glog.

“I am willing to contribute whatever I have to the escape efforts, although I am not sure my compatriots will of much use.”

He turned to the rest of his group, Gor’mag, who stood in shock at his surroundings, looked as though he might be sick. Kharos was crouched low to the ground, cradling his head in his hands, and was tearing at the obsidian forming about his face. The kalokgogs clad in ebony black cloth and bone white mail stood in a circle around the plagued vessel of Kalok, muttering in an undertone.

Olav made his way through the rocks to the group. Trailing behind him were roughly 13 olgogs in the grey military garb of the Rhug’na’ru air force. He motioned for them to wait as he approached the group.

“If we are going to get out, we should do so quickly.” He looked at Eru’Khaz, a look of disappointment plain on his face. “I did not know your leader had a plan to end it like this, if I had known I would have retreated and let your forces get blasted by the troops of the UTR. Unless this had not been the idea from the start, we should strike you down where you stand.” The olgogs behind him hold their rifles at the ready, five holding rocket launchers as well. Olav’s hands went to his pockets, the right grasping a bullet of Zela, the last the Rhug’na’ru had. “Or you could stay in the place you tried, and succeeded, to create.”

“Peace Olav. They have been lead by a faith they thought would protect them. To damn them is to damn all who seek to right their past wrongs. Or should we all forget the innocent blood that stains our hands. The blood of those who starved while we drove them from our homes.”

Torlok’ab looked up from his musings. “An energy bridge might be a bad thing to do. Look around. That flickering is a tear in reality between here and Der’al. If it isn’t closed, then going home is a moot point. All of Der’al will be turned into a wasteland ruled by that demon. I, for one, can not go home with out closing the tear. It is the only way to protect those on the other side. If it tears all the way open, there will be no force on der’al that can contain it.”

Looking to Torlok’ab Glog said “How would you suggest we close it.”

Olav nodded. “Keeping this place from spreading more should be our first priority. How we do so is beyond my expertise.”

(OOC I’m beat from moving, I will be posting starting tomorrow night. )

Lurtor has been listening, he was going to repsond to glog, but the time has passed. He continued to think of ways to close the rift. Maybe something involving the avatar of the demon who created it…

Lurtor says "So how do we close this rift? I don’t know how. Maybe the blood of the avatar might do something. I saw that in movies when I was in the colonies.

The only thing I can think of is we have to protect that armory, and that might be our way out."

“Well, a way out shouldn’t be too hard to find. Some of these demons seem to be making it out. Wether we can make it through them and use their escape is the question.”

Lurtor says "Agreed. also if we can get through the way out, maybe we can seal it once we are on the right side.

Are there any other options?"

(OOC and now back to moving.)

Eru’Khaz seemed about to say something when Kharos suddenly stopped clawing at his face and fell prone, his body twitching on the ground for a few seconds. After a moment, he got up clumsily, similarly to a puppet on strings, and dusted his armor off. He then murmured something to the kalokgogs, who nodded and began to walk down the slope of the volcanic mound to a sea of lava below. He turned to the assembled group, his face now half covered in a jagged volcanic mask, and said;

“You will not leave this realm without my permission, and I will not allow you to seal my rightful kingdom away from my followers. You will not destroy this place until you have either slain me, or come to terms with me. You have proven you are strong warriors, there is no doubt of that. But I ask you, wouldn’t you rather just leave now while you still can? This place is contained, safely capped by that floating structure above, there is no problem here. Why fix what is not broken?”

“We can not leave knowing the amount of death and destruction you seek to cause. You are a threat to the safety of our people and Der’al.” As he spoke Glog readied one of his staffs if Kharos attacked.

Lurtor says to Kalok speaking Olgog "I think your not invited to this conversation. I have a habit of not doing what I’m told. In fact I tend to do the opposite. So from what you said, I’m interpretting that as close the rift. Is that right?

Also I think the Ka RHug tribe deserves you Kalok, but not the rest of the world. That tribe did worship you as a god, and now they are here with you. We won’t separate you from them. And all of your followers are already here. There are none alive outside of this Mountain as far as I know.

So What benefit would there be in allowing that to stay open, except a demon gets access to my backyard making my life difficult?"

Lurtor was looking to the others to see about leaving this area so they could plan in secret or find their way out.

(OOC Lurtor obviously doesn’t wnat to talk about how to kill Kalok host in front of the Kalok host. Who thought of that one?? )

Olav turns to Lurtor. “You would leave a tribe to damnation instead of trying to lead them off their path of evil?” He crosses his arms, sighing. “I also feel that while you may be correct in hating Kalok and his closest worshipers, we are in no shape to face it in its own realm. You may be simply angering him.” Saying this he thinks. “Also, his people are not here, they are elsewhere. His soldiers were here to “defend the homeland” so to speak.” Saying this he looks around the realm of fire, visibly unsettled by the place that he now resides in.

“Lurtor, while they did cause this, they were not informed of what they were doing. Plus the more that lose faith in it the more power it losses. Surely that is a good reason to take them away.”

Kharos looked calculatingly at Lurtor for a moment before replying.

“On the contrary my friend, it is you who has come uninvited into my home. I am allowing this time of discussion that a deal might be made that benefits both you and I. Do not throw away this opportunity so readily, I do not give this chance lightly. It may surprise you to learn that I can be reasonable at times, but even a god such as I only has so much patience.”

Lurtor says “Fine. What is it that you offer inexchange for leaving without closing the rip?”

Lurtor was scanning through his different sights, and his new senses he was trying to figure out.

Kharos’s scorched lips curved into a feral smile.

“Good, I see you can be made to hear the voice of reason. In exchange for not destroying this place, and leaving it safely capped by the being known as Krodnok, the destructive efforts of my following will cease, or will be redirected in a, shall we say, mutually profitable direction. The events of the past few weeks have shown me that while very loyal, my worshipers do not, and will never likely possess the strength to conquer this realm. Therefore we will assist you for the time being, to fight the Warmonger, who is as much my enemy as yours.”

His gaze swept the others who stood by, some of whom had remained silent thus far.

“And you, where do you stand on this matter?”