Greater Unen Trading Syndicate

Babi went to all the major port towns that the gunners and pirates visit. He put out word. The family had an idea to bring in loot to all of Unen. Any of the tribes, crews, gangs, and units were welcome to get in at the ground level.

Fighting along side the other Unen groups to liberate Kiniss’s ships proved what was possible when they worked together on the seas. Babi wanted to take it a step further. “Legitimate” themselves as a trading company, convince the colonies they were good for business. Trade resources, both earned through sweat and earned through blood, for the wealth the colonies offered. Babi would describe it eloquently, imagine the support units not needing to scavenge parts from ancient battle fields, or raid the church. Imagine the pirate fleets having their necessities taken care of so that all loot may go to the higher purposes of rum and bedroom partners. Imagine the church of one being so afraid of the syndicate that they tithe under the table out of fear of the heavily armed groups.

Right now all he was asking was a commitment not to raid each other. The rest would fall into place in due time. So the question is who wants to join the loose alliance of the Greater Unen Trading Syndicate?

((OOC: Open to all Unen groups only at this time)

“Hm, seems like not changing what we are already doing.” Dol Kuglock seemed a little concerned about the agreement, she knew there are some in unen that she could not trust.

“Sounds like a plan, however, if a breakdown does occur between the pirates, we should put in place a contingency plan. It is never good to go on blind faith in people all by itself, it can prove deadly. Maybe make it worth their while to join this little rag tag group or make it harder on them if they break the rules?”

If all of Unen are together on this, Dol thought, we could open trade around the world someday.

Urik listened to the proposal. After the pitch was over he sat for a time and puffed thoughtfully on his cigar. “I can agree to the nonaggression part. Nothing to lose in that. But we’re going to have a lot details to work out if we plan running trade together.”

As the other groups talked, Olav listened to their words. He mainly listened to Babi, who had started this whole idea. Hos own tribe had very few connections in Unen, some odd chance, and he figured it was time to start.

“I like the sound of this proposal, my people would be more than ready to join in on this ‘loose alliance’.” He pulled out a cigar, lit it, and puffed. “We, Rhug’na’ru, agree not to raid the other members of this ‘Greater Unen Trading Syndicate’, in hopes of this growing.”

The Greater Unen Trade Syndicate GUTS has now been recognized as a Faction.
Please feel free to discuss amongst yourself what the Symbol of the Greater Unen Trade Syndicate will be and advise me.

Congratulations.:wink:

Please also feel free to use this thread to continue working out specifics of trade negotiations, and new trade opportunities as they are discovered.

((OOC: What do we want our symbol to be. I am partial to something simple like a black jolly roger on a green background.))

The vampyr quickly went to the other GUTS partners. “Drewsport be ripe for the taking. Join da family in raiding dis lightly guarded treasure.”

A hastily written message was returned to the family.
"Can’t join you at Drewsport. We have an old contract to fulfill. Will catch up when possible. Urik. "

(OOC. I think the jolly roger idea is cool and I like the colors. It should probably be an olgog skull as opposed to Earther I would say.)

“I hear a ting happening in da desert. A fortress rise from the sand west of Unen.” Gabi noted. “If da rumor true we should send someone to talk to them. Offer them trade. Do da rest of GUTS agree?”

“Yeah sounds good to me. I can’t spare anyone to send now right now. But I agree we should try to make a deal with them.”

[Auflok may now post to this thread]

Two olgogs on hoverbikes approach the location where the Greater Unen Trading Syndicate meets with outsiders. They are dressed in garments of mixed Earther-Olgog style, and come armed with weapons visible, but holstered (showing they can defend themselves, but have only peaceful intentions). Their hoverbikes are loaded with packages.

When they are challenged or approached by guards, they introduce themselves, speaking with an accent that sounds natural, but slightly ‘off’ to what you might be used to hearing:

“We come from Auflok, with greetings and goodwill from Dr Hodge. We have with us a shipment of vaccines against the Mag Der’al plague, which the doctor has evaluated, and verified its effectiveness. All olgogs are in this fight together —*the only way to defeat this infestation is to prevent it from spreading, and cure it where it appears… wherever it appears. If you have questions or concerns, we are happy to answer; and if we do not know the answer, we can get an answer from the doctor. Please accept this gift with all of our wishes for health for your people.”

Dreg looked up at the two curriers. He eyed the boxes for a moment and pulled out his radio. He had a quick exchange with someone on the other end.
“Well I’ve been instructed to thank you for the vaccine, but we don’t really have any doctors. Can just anybody administer it?”

One of the couriers responds, “You’re very welcome, thank you for joining together to fight this plague.” The other begins unloading the boxes of vaccine, and opens one up to show one of the dose-units to Dreg. “The dosing is fairly simple; as you see here, anyone can administer it —*no special training needed.”