Godart and the Five Familes of the Dead Domes of Deldoroon.

Godart stared at his feet. They didn’t stare back and that was a good thing. There was enough eyes looking at him and more along the way in the future. His mind strolled though his past. He fell on his back and look at the stars. What did happen?

A couple years into the past…

“Does it take a long time to clean your hair?” Thorhammer, hover-copter pilot and mother of two asked.

The hover-copter ride was pleasant but loud. Classical earther music played though the headphones.

Gordat was singing with the music. “MMMBop, ba duba dop ba do bop, Ba duba dop ba do bop, Ba duba dop ba do. Oh yea – what you say?”

“Your body hair: does it take long to clean?”

“Not at all. Ba duba.”

“Use shampoo on it?”

“Not at all. Bop. You carry a lot of non-immutables on this machine?”

Thorhammer grin at the question. “Of course, the Five Families deal with all sort people.”

“This is why you play music like this then?”

“Eh yup.”

“Cuts down on the nightmares I bet.”

“Haven’t had one spawn in the 'copter since.”

They approached Deldoroon skyline. The sun settled down below the horizon as Godart spied a few lights poking out from the upper buildings. Blackness moved in the streets below. Literally. Stuff of nightmares walked the floors below. Again, literally.

Godart wondered. “These guys going to talk to me Thor?”

“It’s Thorhammer. If you got money, they got the honey.”

He rolled his eyes. “Great.”

The hover-copter landed on the building pad. Godart unloaded his guns, gear and gifts. What kind of people the Five Families were? He didn’t really know. They knew he was coming, wanting to do business. Both eager, hopefully.

Godart waited.

Godart was waiting as various scans were done of the Hover-copter and its passenger. Finally after a boringly long wait, a pudgy, acne scarred Earther in a grey flight suit walked up the gangway from the Skyscraper roof to the landing pad.

He signalled and the hover copter’s pilot dropped down the ramp. The man in the flight suit raised a hand to tell Godart to stay aboard the copter. After a few more seconds of waiting, a look of relief crossed the pudgy man’s face. Walking up to meet him, the Earther held out a hand which Godart shook.

"Its better if you aren’t seen within the city, Godart. Sadly the Valley of Vegalia Commission agrees with the Brotherhood of the Fist.
Natives like you aren’t welcome within the city limits of either Deldoroon nor Doyest Vesk.

Lucky for you the Pilot was able to get you past the scanners. He will do the same on your return flight I am sure…"

The pudgy man reached up and burst an ugly looking pimple on his chin. It burst with a liquid sound, and he wiped away the dribble of pus as if it were an errant crumb from a previous meal.

"My name is Igor Yerin Abulard, I understand you wish to discuss trade with the Five Families? I have been authorized to negotiate on their behalf.
I got to admit, the Five Families are taking a huge risk here.

If it got out we were dealing with Natives, well lets just say our friends in the Valley would cut off the little aid that still dribbles down here.

The person who put us in touch, promised you were a person who could be trusted.

If not…well, that’s why I am here to do the talking…you sell us out…I take the fall for any deal that gets made and the five families walk away free and clear.

What is it you are looking for, and what are you offering in trade?"

Godart nodded politely as he let go of Igor Yerin Abulard’s hand. "Good to meet you Mr. Igor Yerin Abulard. I know of the Brotherhood’s “wisdom” in non-involvement with natives - us - and while I respect their wishes and understand the reasons, I guess I can’t leave well enough alone.

Honestly, and you didn’t hear this from me, they suggested I should deal with the Five Families by proxy. Meaning that, I have created the Beckett Company as a front for you guys in hopes to get around that. It’s a private earther run company still looking for a CEO." Godart stares at Igor.

“You seem trustworthy.”

"Anyhow, as long as I don’t step on anyone’s toes, keep to myself and ask before I do anything around (keeping to this city) - I should be fine.

I need metals and plastics to construct a… spaceship. You’re city has that. I’m offering A LOT of zela, copies of technology I research in my quest and any assistance in improving the quality of life for the Five Families.

Before that, please accept these gifts: Suitcase of zela dust, 10lbs (suitcase is made of zela). These books on vertical farming, solar power generation and medicine from Saragosa, Dusk and Zelga. AND, this Plasma Rifle I found off of… someone."

Something clicked in his head.

Godart placed the gifts on the deck and sat cross legged next to them. The stone face fell to a frown and his eyes soften.

“Everyone been so friendly so far. I really got to work on my manners.”

With a sigh, he pulled out a small snapshot of earther women in a flight jacket with two young children. It then was dropped between Igor and Godart.

Face tighten to stone and body ready: “Igor? What does… your… people want out of this deal?”

Igor Yerin Abulard absentmindedly used a small metal key to carve out chunks of wax from his ear. With his head cocked slightly to the side, there was an almost comic quality about it. That is of course until the key emerged from the ear canal covered in thick dirty looking wax.

He wiped the key away on his hanky, and started digging in the other ear.

"Godart, you may not realize under current VofV Laws, non-humans can’t be property owners here. They can’t own their own businesses.

If this Beckett Company is looking for a CEO, who is on the Board of this company? What species are they? Which Colonial Government are they registered with and pay taxes to?

Last thing the five families need is to start a legal entanglement with the other Earther Colonies, so I want to make sure all my ducks are in a row before I agree to something that might cause problems.

The Five Families still have access to the wreaks of a few Sleeper Ships. A single Sleeper Colony Ship can hold 2,000 colonists, achieve faster than light travel through its Shadow drive, and a working one is Priceless on this planet. The Five Families have one that is fairly ready for space travel, it just needs a replacement A.I. Core Computer. And the seals need to be checked, but that can handled with a simple soldering iron.

You might be able to trade with the Western Colonial Military, I believe they call themselves the EEF, for a working A.I. Core Computer.

Since these ships are irreplaceable on this planet, it would be quite expensive nay impossible for the Five Families to replace this ship once we sell it to you."

He checked the zela dust with a small hand scanner, and said, "If you have material of this quality I think I could convince the Five Families to make the trade. If you have this quality, I would trade you the starship for 30 tons of this material. The Five Families will use this material to make Safe Rooms for the leaders of the Five Families. Should help keep them safe from the radiation coming from down below in the dark.

Of course you would still need a crew who knows how to pilot a starship and knows how to handle the dangers of space travel. That I don’t have and I really don’t know where you could find them or hire them.

But since you are looking for a Starship, I assume you already have a crew to call upon.

So what say you Godart. My first offer is 30 Tons of this material in exchange for the salvaged ship?

Do you agree, or do you have an equally interesting counter offer?"

Maybe Godart was wrong? He stood up and snatched the picture.

“Let me blunt. Yes, I do understand the laws of the valley. But, the Brotherhood barely gives a shit about what happens in this city. Because, it’s not their problem. They are a soft, hands off type of meddling.”

He blew a bit dust off his mouth.

“Which is moot because Beckett Company is own by this one earther guy in Dusk who’s looking to sell because I asked him nicely to set this up. It’s a private company that’s been around for less than a month and he’s really ok selling ownership for a ghaz so he can get back to his retirement. 1 ghaz. You want that job? It pays well, hint hint!”

Takes a deep breath.

“Beckett Company, One man, earther operation at this point, pays taxes to Dusk and HQ in Dusk. Nice and legal.”

Breath.

"First: I’m not the bank of Delaba. Second: I could get three decent working ships for what I have banked. Third: You can do the math on how much zela I really have with this information.

I don’t want a working space ship, a broken space ship or plans for a space ship.

Me and my friend would like to build and design one on our own."

Blink.

“Ask me why?”

“Because 2,000 years of scientific perfection is not appreciated by your kind?” Asked Igor rhetorically.

“Why do you want to build your own?”

“How many people do you know, understand, how a spaceship works?”

Igor Yerin Abulard looked confused, at the answering of a question with a question. He said, “Among the Earthers there are at least 200 that I know of. Of those about 20 have the capacity to mass produce them. Among the Natives none I know of… Then again there is little demand for spaceships…except as museum pieces hence their high price…
So what is the point I seem to be missing Godart. I’m willing to go as low as 20 tons for all the parts except the AI. To get you the parts you need I would still have to cannibalize the Colony ship destroying it’s museum value. But if you would prefer parts instead of the whole that is fine by me.”

To be honest, Igor Yerin Abulard didn’t think Godart really knew how a spaceship worked but he kept that opinion to himself.

“Oh, no, no… no. That’s why you are confused. I don’t need ship parts or an AI core - I need raw metals and plastics. Lot’s of it. We going to build and design this spaceship and it’s launcher from scratch. Keep your colony ship. And the the AI core.”

Godart relaxed.

“For 10 tons of zela and copies of the research and “quality of life improvements to your city” I’ll need at least 10,000 tons of material. Not looking to make this spaceship high-tech. We just want to start with the basics for a good foundation then move onto more complex projects. I would offer more but we have to save up for transportation of the materials, recruit more personal, train the personal, build the infrastructure, etc…”

“I understand much of this research has been done before but I feel we, 'gogs, would not learn as much or grow if we just went a bought or stole a spaceship.”

Igor Yerin Abulard was utterly confused. "10,000 tons of parts?
That is insane!!! Where are we going to get 10,000 tons of starship parts??

Unless you are just asking for scrap metal and scrap plastic…we could deliver 10,000 tons of that just not pre machines parts. But of course you would need your own factory to turn the scrap materials into anything usuable."

Mr Abulard found it ironic that the Olgogs would jump in on creating starships when they never developed their own aircraft technology and those few who had aircraft based it on Earther tech

“So 10 tons of Zela in exchange for 10,000 tons of scrap metal and plastic, but you will absorb all shipping costs and risks? Because we cannot be involved in smuggling past the VofV”

“You are really harping on this Valley of Vegalia and Brotherhood of the Fist thing. It’s quite considerate that you respect their wishes at the expense of your people’s sovereignty and independence. But, not my business to express my opinions on how to live your life. I was rude. I’ve been on the receiving end of such opinions and I know how it can be stressful. Demeaning.”

Crackling his knuckles, the Olgog paced a little on the deck.

“Anyhow… very good. You heard me correctly, 10,000 tons of R A W metals, plastic and what have you. Not machine parts. Raw stuff. Here’s the list.”

Godart handed Igor the list.

“Yeah, shipping going to be a pain but I got a couple of plans in mind when the time comes. Got a few friends working blimps or what not that might do the trick. Maybe.”

He chuckled.

“I would have never thought hot air or different types of air could lift so much. It’s amazing. Not too sure if it would practical or safe, though. Because… Refuge. Most likely going to use ship by sea or land by more conventional means.”

“Any questions or concerns before we continue?”

Igor Yerin Abulard didn’t let anything show on his face as Godart talked. It was apparent that the native did not know anything about the complex political relationships of Deldoroon and Doyest Vesk. He nearly smiled when he imagined blimps trying to fight the VofV.

“Payment agreed.”

[Mission will now be posted in accordance with trying to get 10k tons of materials safely out of the Valley Of Vegalia. Supplies cannot be used until mission completed.]

Godart thought: What an odd fellow. Did not listen much. Par for the course. Not the worst negotiation.

“No questions? Good. Price acceptable. Trade will be made as soon as you can complete the task at hand. Lets hammer some details out first before we shake on this.”

He picked the gifts up and started handed them over to Igor.

“My questions: How many months will it take for the Five Families to get my list complete?”

Present day

After significant work by the Five Families multiple pallets of resources has been gathered for Godart.
He made the payment and was now ready to leave with the goods.
He just hoped his allies were ready to help him.

Igor Yerin Abulard wished Godart well and then left the landing pad.

[godart may use his radio to contact other players to assist in this mission. Mission posted in official missions.]