Goblin Lands 2 Finale Part 1 Diplomatic Misison Week 25: The Interrogation of Pluto

Pluto of Ka Rhug was captured near death in the battle of Simonsburg. Revived and healed, he has been kept alive by the Simonsburg government for further information against the terrorist Kalokian threat.

With the deaths of so many, some want Pluto to be executed. Rather than allow a mockery of a trial, instead the Simonsburg government at the request of Eva the healer has allowed a small council of Olgogs and Earthers from different groups to interrogate him.

Special Challenge: Pluto’s Words
Pluto can either help bring the UtR together against the Ka Rhug or try and split them apart with his words.
Or he can push the UtR and Der’al Collective further apart.
If Pluto does not at least attempt to communicate meaningfully with the interrogators he may be lynched and burned by the people of Simonsburg which will result in a morale loss for finale part 2 missions.

Mission Rules

All players may make unlimited postings.
All other actions are compressed together by the DR team with a focus on storyline, so do not worry about paradoxes between different action posts.
Not every aspect of every action will be shown. This is especially true of actions that exceed two paragraphs.

[b] NO COMBAT MAY OCCUR IN THIS POST. NO ATTACKS. NO USING LEYAS ON ANY CHARACTER YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY CONTROL. NO LEAVING THE DIPLOMATIC ZONE IN THIS MISSION]

Open to all tribes, and all mercs EXCEPT Unit 7756, Black Lorne, Derlur the Nomad, Olgog the Olgog and Scribe.

extra long three week mission
This mission ends on Friday 4th July at 8.PM. E.S.T.

Krodnok stood near where Pluto was sitting. He looked down on the old 'gog with a look of disgust on his face. He had at one point considered Pluto an ally of sorts, and even a friend, perhaps. But this…

He turned to those gathered. “Welcome,” he began. “The assembled Olgogs and Earthers are brought together to decide the fate of this” -he gestured to Pluto- "Olgog, who stands accused of playing a part in the rise of the False God, Kalok, which required a plan that resulted in the deaths of many of the citizens of Simonsburg.

“While the crime Pluto is accused of is heinous, at the same time justice must be properly upheld,” he continued, moving towards the seated members of this make-shift council. “I have heard that meetings between the UTR and the Der’al Collective often go on and on without a resolution being met. And, with the trial of Gorkaog having come to a conclusion with nothing being settled, I propose a ‘judge’, of sorts. A single person who will have the final say on what happens here.”

Krodnok looked back to Pluto, then turned back to the council. “As such, I nominate one of my people, Na’z’ez, to play this part. She has no personal ties to either Pluto or the people of Simonsburg. Nor is she a member of either the UtR or the Der’al Collective. There is nothing for her to gain from one result or another.”

He paused. “Opinions/ Counter-offers?”

Unnamed Gog (Alchemist)

Wandering into the room, a creature walking in tiltled like legendary dinosaurs on hind legs. A creature, unrecognizable because it was covered head to tail in several layers of faded tattered robes. As it walked, what seemed to be a tail swished the floor with each step. Step swish left, Step swish right. Known only as a living creature, the only thing visible through the many layers is the small pupils of its eyes.

Head bobbing to each side, a cooing is heard.

"mmmMMMmmMMMMM, Doesn’t your tribe have connections to the UTR? MMMMMmmmm PERhaps this may influences decisions, me thinks. MMMMMmMmMmMmmmmmm One gog is fallible, more are not. Perhaps we should use three? mmmmMMMMMM???

The gogs I stay with MmmMMMmmmm , are hated by both groups. No love or gain there with either MMMmmMMMMMMmmMMMMM. I should be one of the three mmMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm

Krodnok narrowed his eyes at this creature. “The point of appointing one is to remove any chance for arguments with the final decision. Leaving the final decision up to three allows the fighting to begin again.”

He gave the creature a once over, and continued. “Also, as fot the UtR… amongst my ‘tribe’, I, and I alone, have loose ties to the UtR. That is why I didn’t nominate myself. Na’z’ez has no ties to any of these groups. She is perfect for the role. You , you’d have us rely on you? When you conceal from us who you are. We can’t trust you. Until you reveal who you are, and who you represent, for all we know, you’re an agent of Kalok, here to try and free his servant.”

Dargor’lur, the current leader of the Frozen Fist of Or’Lur, wore the roughly made shirt that was currently the uniform of his team. He looked at Krodnok wondering if he had heard right.

“All gogs can be corrupted in one way or another. That is why there has not been one gog to rule over the fate of another. To do so now would only cause more confusion and hatred. For now we seek the truth, then we fix our broken system.”

Looking to Pluto he says “What say you on the charges laid upon you and your tribe?”

Pluto was silent for a bit, as if contemplating his predicament. He inclined his head each time someone spoke, listening and learning who was present. After a moment he looked up, first speaking to Krodnok.

“Whatever you may think of Kolgol and his ideals, there is one term that clearly defines who and what he stands for. Were I to describe this to you, I would say the closest thing would be an olgog purist. He desires for olgogs to once again have the power to dominate refuge and eliminate our enemies, and I am also certain he would not allow…whatever that is, to be his, or his god’s, agent.”

“Also, I am no one’s ‘servant’, do you see any slave brands on this mug?”

He gestured to his face, wrinkled and scruffy, yet unmarred by the ritual brands of Kalok’s followers.

He then turned his blind eyes to the tribal of Or’Lur and spoke,

“That would depend on what you are charging me with. I don’t think I’m qualified to speak for my entire tribe, but I am sure you could send an envoy to them, should you be brave enough to.”

Unnamed Gog (alchemist)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM is heard as the creature raises its head, narrowing its body to its full high (~9 feet)

So interesting, a dead gog, a wannabe god talking about distrust of others.

MMMMmmmmMMMM

Three should be chosen, and three should rule, three is easy to agree upon guilt or not, three to agree upon punishment. Outstreaching his arms, the robes can be seen as draping down, obscuring the creatures true size and length of arms. shrinking down back to the he previously was (~ 4 feet tall), the head was seen bobbing from side to side.

mMMmmmMMMMmmmm

I think we should have one, ask questions. It makes things simpler (head bobs side to side). I nominate Dargor’lur as he speaks now.

MMMMMMmmmmmm

Krodnok sighed, and shook his head. “Whatever.” He walked to the door. On his way, he stopped by Na’z’ez, put a hand on her shoulder, and leaned in so his lips were right by her ear.

“Watch, listen, learn,” he whispered to her. “These groups that exist ‘for the betterment of Der’al’… even in this matter, it’s a safe bet that this will break down into what’s ‘better for the sake of the world’. At that point, watch how they attempt to serve only themselves. Don’t say anything. Whatever happens to Pluto, it doesn’t even come close to making a difference. He is just one more peice in a puzzle that can’t be put together properly. Chances are, he’ll meet the same fate that Gorkaog has, and he’ll spend the rest of his days rotting in a cell while they try to fix their ‘broken’ system.”

He stood up again. “Report back to me what happens here,” he said aloud, and Na’z’ez nodded.

“Now, if you’ll excuse me, I personally don’t care what you do with him. So, I’m going to go do some real work.” And with that, Krodnok left.

Pluto was strong in his words, for that Dargor’lur had to give him credit.

“Well to start your tribe seem to be the only ones who worship this Kolgol, yet when there was a being claiming to be him none of your tribe fought. In fact after the creature fell you shielded the area then claimed to have destroyed the false god. This leads us to believe that your tribe had something to do with this attack, which is an act of war.”

Pluto shook his head.

“For those who are not familiar with the beliefs of our people, the being that is worshiped is Kalok, manifested by the monstrosity that was in Simonsburg. Kolgol is our leader, the most powerful of our Aufgogs and the self appointed prophet and mouth of said being. No one worships him as far as I know.”

He paused a moment, a pained expression crossing his face.

“From what I can recall, Kolgol went to investigate Kalok after he fell, and the soldiers shielded him from attack, as that area was still under quite a bit of fire. After that I do not know, I was hit by something and I lost consciousness. Obviously I was not still considered a valuable asset at that time, as I was left on the field to die. I’m grateful for my life in that matter by the way.”

Dargor’lur nodded his head.

“I do apologize for the mix up. But it does seem that when ever one is mentioned the other is not too far behind. And while that is possible, it is a weak explanation. If he needed shielding he could have taken a few soldiers with worked shields to cover him. Yet he also protected the threat. It seems odd to me.”

Pluto scratched his neck, and shrugged.

“Then I would suggest you ask him in person, as I have no other plausible explanation to give. I will say that worked shields are not a part of a legionnaire’s kit, the armor and weapons are not artificed with any kind of leyas. It is for that reason that they employ tactics and formations to better utilize what they have to work with. Also, as Kolgol was in command at the time, it is likely they moved to defend him as a reflex.”

He looked contemplative for a moment, and then said,

“If I see one again, I might suggest to him that he should add his own own artifices to his gear, might make it more effective I suppose.”

As if remembering the topic at hand, he continued,

“In the chaos of a battle, especially one of that magnitude, it is not uncommon for soldiers to break ranks and flee. The fact that they didn’t is more a testament to their resolve to protect their leader than any kind of treasonous intent they had in their hearts. While I don’t know what Kolgol himself was doing, I can say that the soldiers under his command are most likely uninvolved with whatever master plan you are construing my tribe is involved in.”

Olav sat down in a seat, staring at Pluto. He had better things to do, in his opinion, than to interrogate an old Olgog of an “ally” if he could be called that. He sat back, enjoying a cigar.

“Are you sure there were no deserters in your army? If they all worship your Kalok, those more faithful to their religion may be inclined to stab your people in the back to defend that faith. I remember a report from one of my soldiers that visited a base of yours, he stated that the place was very orderly, not a stone out of place. If what you say is true, then those well trained soldiers are few and far between in the Ka’rhug army.”

Auf Lalyan had listened at the door and decided she could wait no longer.

Auf Lalyan says "I am Auf Lalyan of Herd of Auf Lal’ al, and the UtR.

I agree with Krodnok’s recommendation, we need less to make a choice. I wish I was able to speak before he left for that. For now we will talk, but the punishment will need be left to a judge. Too many heads have prevented justice in the past. Krodnok’s suggested judge is good with me with the additional of the majority to overrule the decision and appoint a new judge. Continue until a verdict This way there is means of protection from corruption.

Next, All who speak here will introduce themselves and who they represent. These unnamed gogs have caused trouble in the past, and this is a serious manor that deserves the respect of that level of situation. We are talking about the betrayal of an ally and a tribe. I do not thing the council or Simonsburg, the GNA, or the UtR would object to this requirement. If you don’t want to say who you are leave as your obviously just here to cause trouble and or not taking this serious."

Then to Dargor’lur and Pluto "I’m not sure what you are getting at. The Ka Rhug tribe is guilty of this attack. We kept watched their approach and tracked their movements from the sky. It was their Balgogs that attacked GNA and UtR lines. We sent messengers many times telling Kolgol, Ka Rhug forces, and his balgogs to not approach Simmonsburg. And in the end they came and the Balgogs attacked Simmonsburg and our forces.

Now I think that Pluto can help himself and his tribe if not all were involved, but that will be up to him. But that force was their to support Kalok, not simmonsburg. "

(OOC from my reading of the mission results, there is no question that the Ka Rhug attacked, so I’m confused by this. Please correct me if I’m wrong.)

Olav puffed on his cigar, a slight scowl on his face. “I am Olav. We of the Rhug’na’ru, the tribe I represent, like to give all Olgogs the benefit of the doubt, and most well trained soldiers will follow any order. Good OR bad. It could be the work of the higher ups in the tribe of the Ra’Rhug. Those soldiers… not all may have wanted to follow those orders but might have done so out of duty and fear. Or for their faith.”

Normally Auf Lalyan kept her cool and rarely let most emotions get to her face. But now, To all those Present they could tell the betrayal of the Kr RHug, of a member of the Lur Union was hard on Lalyan. The anger was almost glowing out of her eyes.

Pluto’s bandaged eyes fell on the immutable in the room.

“I am confused by your words, Olav of Rhug’na’ru. Our soldiers are both reverent and highly disciplined, they are among the best fighting forces in the lands of the Olgogs. I also don’t think you realize how uniform and complete the belief of Ka’Rhug is, only Aufgogs are exempt from branding and rituals. If that doesn’t appeal to one among us, they are exiled or executed, and that is applicable to all. Also, if you don’t trust our army, you really shouldn’t have allowed us to design and construct the defenses at Rhug’tor.” He said, grinning wolfishly.

He turned Auf Lalyan.

“I thank you for this sentiment, although I can sense who everyone is with the leyas, it is difficult to know where they are from for unless I’ve met with them under those circumstances.”

He licked his lips and spoke slowly,

“However, you are not authorized to deny us the use of Balgogs in our actions. No more than we could tell you that you are not allowed to bring skimmers to an engagement. We had the agreement of the Ol’lur tribe to deploy said forces, and therefore we had all the permission that is required. It was agreed that our tribe’s forces would deal with Kalok, or whatever it was, and by that reasoning, there is no cause to say we approached without due cause. We did not start the violence that emerged that day, It was Olgog the olgog that caused a chain reaction when he ripped the head off of that townsperson. I don’t think I need to go into detail about those that proceeded to slaughter citizens of Simonsburg simply because they wanted to save their families.”

Auf Lalyan says "Actually the GNA, Urog had the right to ask you not to bring the Balgogs as they are responsible for the Safety of Simonsburg. And they did that. And Lalder reinforced it with additional messengers through Lur Union messengers. Additionally It was never decided that Kr Rhug would defend simonsburg. Kolgol sent a messenger stating He would deal with Kalok and never responded to the messengers declining his help.

Also, Your Balgogs attacked smashing through the city walls attacking the defenders, not OtO or even Kalok. Your forces attacked my tribe, the GNA, and other members of the UtR who were defending the city. Let me repeat this, your Balgogs attacked the defenders and not Kalok.

The thing Kalok had already killed many by the time Olgog the Olgog acted. Olgog the Olgog is another matter and one I don’t want to bring into this. I would have him dealt with if I could legally, but we already talked on how our legal system has failed us in the past.
"

Dargor’lur addressed Auf Lalyan and said,

“We are all familiar with the threat of Warmonger and his followers. I am trying to determine if Kolak is an equal threat. I feel that, given how much destruction it demanded, not to mention the… rumored requirements to be a follower, that Kolak is indeed a being of great destruction and that we must seek those familiar with dealing with such beings.”

At Pluto’s words he found he could not sit so he stood and paced.

“In the end your tribe caused more problems then they solved in this whole situation. Too many questions are unanswered. Too many rumors to find a truth.” Looking him right in the eye he said, “I am tempted to call on my tribe for Elder Glog, who is trained in the art of gaining the truth from the dead, and forcing your secrets from your corps.”

Olav raised his eyebrow, pulling the cigar out of his mouth tapping it. “Its not the army we chose to trust, it was the olgogs who arrived and erected the walls that we trusted. We also viewed your tribe as a true friend to our people. Now, we are not so sure of your intentions.” He waved his hand in the air dismissively. “As for Rhug’tor, thanks for the reminder. I will send orders to get all who have the branding of the Ka’rhug out of Rhug’tor. Peacefully of course. Your automatons will be destroyed or air lifted out of the town.” He waves over a young Olgog with the Rhug’na’ru military garb on, handing him a piece of paper. The young olgog saluted and jogged out. Olav looked back at Pluto.

“Back to your religion, Pluto. I did not question your tribe’s loyalty to that, only if there were those with different motives, or views, of your faith. Those who have number.” He shrugged. “But I digress. We are not here to condemn your tribe, I believe we are here to discover what you know.”