Gobin Lands 2 Finale Part 2 Diplomatic Mission: The Mag Der'al Tightrope

A letter along with a commcrystal arrived at the domain of each of the major figures, movers and shakers in the Goblin Lands. The commcrystal linked to a main switchboard so that all who spoke could hear each other and all could hear the Olgog who sent the notes and communicators.

the letter said:

From the Desk of Alchemist Onderal

For a long time I have watched the Olgog nation take its baby steps. Instead of growing like Olgogs, they have been constrained and re-educated by humans. Nasty, nasty humans, who use them like slaves, or simply kill them off for being on land containing resources that can be exploited for their coins.

Coins, money, cash are all the Earthers want. And anything else they want…they want in excess. They are a disgusting, obnoxious species who will quickly poison their own food supply and water supply if left to their own devices.

They have tormented the Olgog species for over 2,000 years.
I have warheads filled with a mixture of Mag Der’al Blood and Teardrop Green slime. This mixture will turn any Olgogs it hits into a Mag Der’al and all the rest: Earthers and Children of the Falosini into monstrous Reavers.

If I am not convinced either through compelling argument or through a significant bribe, I will begin unleashing these weapons on the Earther Colonies to the North and to the East. And our own little Provisional Colony down here in the south. No target on Planet Refuge will be safe.

If I am belittled or disrespected I may just launch for the thrill of it.

Convince me there is hope in peace between the Earthers and Olgogs and I may just choose not to launch.

Narrator Note: The effects of this diplomatic mission will directly effect the Giants at Hebron Mission.

Mission Rules

All players may make unlimited postings.
All other actions are compressed together by the DR team with a focus on storyline, so do not worry about paradoxes between different action posts.
Not every aspect of every action will be shown. This is especially true of actions that exceed two paragraphs.

[b] NO COMBAT MAY OCCUR IN THIS POST. NO ATTACKS. NO USING LEYAS ON ANY CHARACTER YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY CONTROL. NO LEAVING THE DIPLOMATIC ZONE IN THIS MISSION]

Open to all tribes, and all mercs.

extra long three week mission
This mission ends on Friday 1st August at 8.PM. E.S.T.

Kaloklur

Kill them all. I have heard of Bill of Gultor’uf dealings with the earthers, and how it has affected the tribes.

He originally thought it would be beneficial, and spoke to one called Shiro. According to Bill, Shiro gave a verbal agreement to not interfere inside what he called the goblinlands. Just about a week later, Bill went to speak to the leader of the Ur Kings, the leader of the army of egola [sp?]. Bill related to the tribe, to how one of the gogs set on killing others, he was able to persuade to wait, and to not attack.

Then the attack occurred. Where <<Leaders name>> was assassinated. Bill pulled out a com crystal, and called this Shiro. The one who promised to not intervene. And what did Bill find out? That this was a planned attack by the EEF. That the EEF decided it was needed to assassinate the leaders of our tribes. They did this under the Guise of a Church of One attack.

Now, every time Bill has brought this up, gogs that are friends with the EEF accuse him of being wrong; that the EEF wouldn’t do such a thing. On occasion, he was told that he was wrong about the timing and that he received the crystal. How could he make that call, if the events didn’t play out as Bill says? How would he have gotten the crystal to Shiro inside the EEF if he didn’t speak to him before the events with the army of elgola [sp?].

If we take this as true, that Bill of Gultor’uf is completely mistaken, we still have to content with the attack on talocal by EEF special agent Olgog the Olgog. A horrible attack, perpetrated by a gog that was employed by the EEF. Whatever the reason, even if he did turn traitor on the isle of Mag Buskt, we do know that the EEF sent him down here. After the EEF told us they would leave these lands to us.

Now, Bill of Giltor’uf does have some good ideas. One is taking facts we have and asking what can we conclude with them. And what can we conclude from these facts? That the EEF will only honor agreements it they see fit.

What should we do about it? I say unleash the pain, let them have a taste of their own medicine. Bomb them.

UrLur

• he doesn’t identify himself or that he is part of OtO’s group*

You’re a fool. The pit mongrel is right, last time something like this happened, the EEF sent assassins out. At least you are smart enough to do this through com crystals, and not in person.

Your actions are short sighted, and will result in the deaths of gogs primarily. Medicine against the Mag Der’al blood disease has been developed, and this will render part of your attack useless. Using diseases like this will result in nuclear weapons being launched. I don’t know if you know what these do, but after the death and destruction of the initial blast, the surrounding land will end up like bartsport.

I know you know where each crystal is, and that you know were I am speaking from. Send someone to me and I have an offer for you, one that would be beneficial to both of us.

with that this crystal goes silent

AUf Lalyan responds "Who ever that was is right. Its transformation effects on Olgogs would be limited. But an attack like this will only bring the colonies down on Olgogs and give the Church of One a reason to resume their campain of Slaughter of All Olgogs. Terrorist style attacks have never been good in the long run. But especially are not good now.

Right now, the majority of tribes have a good relation with the EEF to the point where the EEF helps us defend against our enemies. Right now there is no human group occupying our lands working to exterminate us. Right now the Church of One cannot operate in the open against us. They are extremist and will always wait for a chance, but we cannot give them one.

Assassins are not only used by the EEF. Most tribes have their own version on this. If an enemy of the Olgogs shows up threatening us, we send our gogs, our tor’ogs to kill them before they cause distaster on our gogs. VLAD is the same. Work with them, and they will work with you.

Generations have died because they did not have this chance at peace. Because they did not gain enough strength to defeat the Earthers, but also have the ability to let the past go to stop the cycle. It is our time to stop the cycle of killing. There will never be absolute peace between races. But we are getting close and we have to try.

Right now we are building cities below and above ground. We are building farms above and below ground. We even have flying farms that are safe from the flamewinds allowing us to feed thousands, 10’s of thousands more than before. But if an attack like what you speak of happened, these would be in danger as they are easier targets being in the open.

Right now we need to concentrate on expanding our infrastructure, our farms, our housing with all of these new Olgogs from the Queen. We do not have the resources to fight wars that need to be over with.

Do not launch this attack."

Kaloklur

So you knowingly built things that can be open to attack? Even the most foolish of gogs know to choose the right location when setting up came to have adequate defenses.

And you give us a lot of information, when we this attack happens we need to create so much chaos so that they have to contented with the chaos the repercussions.

In other words Onderal, this limited amount is not enough, we need to hit a large area up north. We need to think bigger, rather than a limited one time strike. Can you produce more of these missiles and have continuing attacks into the populated areas where people gather after the initial barrage?

Auf Lalyan says "I’m Auf Lalyan of Herd of Auf Lal’al. Our tribe has fought the Earthers that needed to be fought. Between our tribe, the GNA, and the UtR the Oners are gone from most of our lands. And we fight them back every time. This is a worthy fight. Protection is better than Chaos. It serves a greater purpose.

The EEF could strike some of our flying farms. You could not. It is easy to attack any target above the ground when you can shoot it from Orbit. But they won’t unless they are given reason to need to starve Olgogs. Don’t give them the reason.

Also That chaos that Olgog spoke of is only useful to one force, the Warmonger.

So instead of trying to create chaos, try working with others to stop the killing. If these warheads are launched, you will restart the cycle of killing that has gone on for 2000 years just as we are about to stop it for good. We are so close and if we don’t succeed we won’t be able to blame the earthers anymore for the chaos as it will be Olgogs fault for the failure."

Onderal replies,"I keep getting told to not fight back against oppression because it feeds Warmonger.
I have never met this Warmonger.
As far as my experience there is no Warmonger.
Warmonger is just an excuse for the Children of the Falosini to keep turning their backs on the Olgogs.
Now Olgogs are parroting back this Warmonger nonesense.

Why when I fight back does it feed Warmonger but when the Earthers kill and oppress my people they don’t have to restrain themselves for fear of feeding Warmonger."

Onderal says ,“I would need the teardrop hammer to make more. But…I have enough for my needs…”

Onderal replies to Urlur and says, “I have no interest in hearing your offer if you don’t say it here and now so that others may try and exceed your bid.
There is after all a reason this negotiation occurs so that all may hear what is offered.”

Auf Lalyan says "Those earthers who attack Olgogs feed the warmonger the same as when we attack them. And their are groups within the other races willing to help us defend and strengthen. But will not help if we go on the attack. The problem is the cycle needs to be broken. And I think we can break it now.

By not launching the attack, we can protect all Olgogs, which could include yours as well if the threat of attacks stops. If a specific group of earthes attacks, then any response to them is defense."

Urog’na Said “Auf Lalyan you forget. Mag Mag Gor feeds on needless death and destruction. That is one of the reasons most of the Tribes have agreed to limit the final deaths they cause.”

To Onderal she says “Yes Earthers have changed the olgog people. As have the Children of the Falosini. But such things will happen. Intelligent beings will interact with other intelligent beings, and both will change because of their interactions. Like in life, a gog is born. They grow learn and are changed by the world around them. Then they teach and change others. And finally they die. So it is with all races, they go through this cycle until they die or become something more then we can understand at this time.”

Kaloklur

Auf Lalyan? are you from the tribe of lalder?

Auf Lalyan says “I’m of the Herd of Auf Lal’al as I said before.”

(OOC Still moving, its going to be a long week)

Kaloklur

I’ll assume that is a yes. . .

Why don’t you tell us about LurTor.

Auf Lalyan says “And what do you want to know. I figure your going to make an accusation, so just make it and then I’ll relay the actual truth.”

Kaloklur

Gogs once came together to speak about things without these Earther tendencies of suspicion and distrust.

We don’t hide important facts, like having tribe members part of the Colonial forces.

Its not like that factors into any part of this decision.

Auf Lalyan says "You mean a gog who has helped our relations with Multiple races. Even welcome at the Choir of Payne. I also do not think Lurtor’s working with the Earthers is a surprise to anyone. For the most part Lurtor mainly helps us keep our non aggression with the EEF and even gets the tribes help, if we need it. This has happened a few times. Like the help we got for the Flamewinds. Also Lurtor understands both Olgogs and Earthers. This has helped in past discussions.

Also If it was suppose to be kept completely secret, you wouldn’t know about it or you would be dead. I think you already believe the EEF kills to keep their secrets.

For this discussion we are hear to talk about, if the Mag Der’al wanted to officially stop the Terrorist attacks on Earthers and Olgogs. They could still defend Olgogs against those earther’s who would kill Olgogs much like our enforcers and army. This is where where we would ask Lurtor for help with the Earthers to change the Mag Der’al’s standing with them. It won’t be easy, and it will take time. But we can make it happen as long as the Terrorist style attacks stop. And that especially requires those missiles not to be Launched."

During the pause in conversation, a voice crackled over the comm crystal, a familiar one to some.

“Mr Onderal is it? I have been informed of your plans, and I must confess, you do impress me. What I do find curious, is that you have decided to contact various leaders and ask them to refute or support your idea. I didn’t peg you for an self conscious olgog, in fact, I believe you know exactly what you plan to do. I believe that you, the one holding all the cards here, secretly have hope for both our race, and for humanity. After all, it would certainly have been much simpler to launch in anonymity, and then watched as your plan unfoiled.”

“Where I am currently, I’ve had plenty of time to ponder this curiosity, and I have come to the conclusion that you desired to use this chance not to unleash massive destruction onto Der’al, but to send a message. You are no mere terrorist, you are a visionary, like myself, who has a plan, a design for Der’al. What you required was an audience, and now you have it.”

“If you are truly asking my opinion on launching these missiles, and I’ll play along for now, I believe that this is not the correct course of action. Would corrupted reavers really be better than earthers? In my experience, reavers are much harder to deal with, as at least an earther will take your coin before your life. And as for our people, I would sooner see them reduced to ash than become afflicted against their will with such a virulent malady.”

“If you want proof that your plan as it stands will not work, take me for example. I tried force, and believe me, it doesn’t work so well as you’d think it would. Earthers have an uncanny sense of survival, and this will not be enough to break their spirit, nor that of the Olgog’s.”

“In conclusion, I would advise against launching missiles to get your message across. There are better ways, and I’m sure if you spent some time searching you could find one.”

There is a crackle again as Kolgol hands the crystal back to the cell guard.

After Kolgol spoke, Onderal sighed a long sad sigh.
“It has been two thousand years since the genocide against our people began. You young Olgogs don’t understand what it was like.
I remember how it would start in camp after camp. First the nerve gas would be rolled in. Many died who didn’t know the art of cleansing the air with the Leyas. Then the Red Bishops of the Church of One would come in. Their pwer armor frightening and unknown to the tribal olgogs of the time. They seemed indestructable, until the great Uhryus learned to strip the metal from their hard Armored shells. Before the rise of the Uhryus, the Red Bishops would come in teams. Some carried plasma cannons, others carried medium range flamethrowers. We didn’t know what they were, just death that burned and hurt and killed. That cut rock walls, and killed olgogs hiding inside.
And we knew it wasn’t enough for them just to kill us once or drive us from our lands. No they wanted to eradicate every bit of our flesh, to make sure we would never be brought back. They wanted the memory of the Olgogs gone from this land. That is why they call us Goblins, that is why they kill us, and ignore our personhood. They wanted to eradicate the idea of the Olgogs from this planet.
Had they succeeded they would have told travelers, natives? Naw just a bunch of Goblins. We wiped out the vermin when we moved in. Who wants a goblin next door right? It might eat your child…”

“I want to mar and tarnish the image the Earthers have built for themselves. Let them see the monsters we experience them as for themselves,” Onderal said slowly.

Auf Lalyan says "I understand the past and that even the battle that I experienced was nothing like when the earthers first came.

But launching that attack will open us back up to those attacks. Right now the Oners are restricted in what they can do. And those limitations allow us keep them back. And our Leyas tech is getting better. We have capital ships now and one of the biggest air forces. My tribe even has steam tech. The problem we Olgogs have is we still fight each other.

Instead of attacking, become part of the defence of Olgogs. Help us with what you know. Knowledge is power. We have been working to get the Earther public to see us not as demons, but a race of beings like the others. We have museums where the Earthers currently come to visit now and can learn about Olgogs. Help us expand the information about the early years, so the Earthers cannot forget or rewrite what they did.

Earthers say History is written by the victor. Lets not give those who wish us destroyed the reason they need to use all of the Earther weapons.