Glacial Wastes Mission 9: Vadim, Ally or Enemy?

His name was Vadim, a K’iorn of Greyfalcon tribe lineage. He had escaped the prison dimension of Les’tas’tral and set up a settlement here. He was a K’iorn but one who Grim and Lurtor suspected as being the end of a long line of clones of the Old Vlad. But his centuries living among the K’iorn had made him truly different than the Old Vlad clones they were accustomed to, and his endgame seemed quite different too.

Nuria had discovered the location that Vadim had built a citadel, but she had never visited it before. She knew she had an in with Crackler Watt, Vadim’s second in command there.

Lurtor and Grim had run into Vadim himself, and discovered the K’iorn had rescued a monsterous weaponized Doomwyrm known as The Under Wyrm from the Nightmare Lord transit point forgotten under the Caverns of the IceWyrms.

It seemed Vadim and his Citadel at Mt. Sandspire were working against the Sea Kings (good thing), but how they stood on the rest of the factions vying for control of the Glacial Wastes was and is unknown.

So when an army of IceGuard serving her new “friend” Pelonious marched past the Nuria copper mine and encircled the Citadel at Mt. Sandspire, people took notice.

“Long before the Manslayers created the free IceGuard of V’Crios, there was the first IceGuard,” said Pelonious as he addressed the walls of the citadel at Mt. Sandspire, “The armies of first IceGuard were brought into existence by the Heart of the Glaciar, the Armenius Orb that held the Leviathan known as the Keltoc Serpent.

And using the power of both the Keltoc Serpent and the great Warmonger, my master Fredrick Iceheart gave me true life on that prison dimension. I had lived and seen and fought, but never truly understood my purpose until now that I am free and whole once more.

I am the last of the First IceGuard, and I will bring forth a new IceGuard Rule. I claim the Frozen Homeforge, and all the lands surrounding it, in my name and in the name of Last of the First. Surrender these lands and you may wander the frozen wastes until heat leaves you. Or fight us, and allow us to scald the skin from your flesh.”

A small K’iou voice bellowed, “I am Crackler Watt, in charge of this citadel while my master is away. And you might as well go home, Pelonious IceGuard, because we are never surrendering.”

Pelonious IceGuard replied coldly, “Then let your people enjoy some heat, for free, on me.”

The IceGuard following Pelonious raised their hands and their finger tips began turning into steam. All around the steam clouds built until the walls were being sprayed by high pressure steam and the defenders were forced to abandon their posts or die.

Nuria realized if Mt. Sandspire fell, then her own holdings would fall soon after. And it seemed having an ally against Pelonious might be better than not.

For her allies, Grim, Lurtor and Eli, it was obvious that having an army of sentient eight foot tall ice statues that would reform under assault at your door was a bad thing. They were all just happy for the chance to handle the problem when it was at somebody else’ door and not their own.

Pelonious IceGuard has an army of IceGuards and IceGiants assembled around the mountain (see page 269 and 270 for IceGuard and IceGiants).

Meet with Crackler Watt here to plan if you want to coordinate with the actual defenders of Mt. Sandspire.

[Bold] Mission Rules [/Bold]

A player may act in response to the actions posted by another player in this thread, IF they have previously discussed a plan for this mission in a separate thread they choose to create in the forums.

A post should be under two paragraphs in length.

THIS MISSION IS OPEN TO NURIA, LALDER, ELI MCGRAW and GRIM only.

This mission ends on Friday December 16th at 12 Midnight EST.

Lurtor didn’t need the forces of the Warmonger gaining any additional land. While he may not be able to deal with an entire army, he could slow them down or give them reason not to attack the mountain. From up on the mountain out of range of his pending storm and the IceGuards and Ice Giants ranges Lurtor using Animal Bird sight to see the army, he would sing a song of Storms. Sending Lighting down around and in the army as they near the Mountain that contains the forge.

Prior to this, Lurtor setup a few spots with Shadow portals done more as a working. He didn’t want them to be perm. But then he could shoot through these holes with his Magicannon pistols to make the Army think they were being attacked by many. And softening them up by more.

Lurtor will coordinate this attack with the others. Giving a comm crystal to Crackler Watt to do this.

Lurtor (VLAD Agent) LR:6, HP:24, Init: 2D6+Agility

Stats (Str:6 (12), Agility:6, Will:7, Health:6, Int:5, Chr:3 (7), Emotional Control:2, Temper:2)

Attacks (Melee:3 (4), Ranged:3 (6), Thrown:2(4), Leyas:1)

Special Abilities: (Regen:4 hps /rd, Melee Strike +2, Ranged Shot +2, Rapid Throw +1, Duelist, Gunslinger, Knife thrower, Quickdraw, Goo Warrior Special Training, Bladed Sun Devotion, Faith (Bladed Sun) 1, Path of the redeemer lvl 2, Shadow Assassin Devotion lvl 1, TimeShredded, Tough As Nails, Ignore Poison (4 Succ), Bird Sight (+2 Bonus to Range Combat w/Missle/Energy), Animal Sight (See in Dark), Animal Hearing/Smell (+2 to hearing and smell tests), Ignore Poison, Obscure 6 Succ (+12 to T# for Leyas sight));

Skills (Artillery:2, Blunt Weapons:1, Edged Weapons:5, HtH:3, LCM:7, LCR:6, Pilot Airship:1, Pilot War Giant:3, Polearms:1, Springshots:5, Thrown Weapon:4, Computers:2, Tech Forger:4, Tech Repair:3, Performance:5, Religion:3, Acting:1, Burglary:4, Climb:4, Diplomacy:2, Explosive Theory:4, Heraldry:2, Herbalism:4, Leyas Mapping:1, Leyas Recognition:2, Leyas Theory:3, Medicine/Healing:1, Monster Lore:1, Profession(Spy):6, Set Traps:4, Sleight of Hand:3, Stealth:3, Survival:2, Swimming:3)

Leyas (LR:6, Air:3, Earth:4, Fire:3, Water:2, Light:3, Shadow:4, General:2, Healing:1, ShapeShifting:6, Summoning:1, Technomancy:6, Troubadour:4)

song: Baby It’s Cold Outside - Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whiting

Eli is going to sneak (Stealth 3, Agi 6) up close as possible to Pelonious to shot (Handgun 7, Agi 6, Double Heavy Pistols w/ HE rds, 8 energy, 8 attacks/rd) him in the face (called shot) until he is dead. He’s got the cold weather outfit with camo along with his nano shield (Eli: H.P. 30, A.R. 10 vs all, 1/2 dmg) equiped. Buffy will cover him with sniper fire (Projectile 8, Agi 4, Springshot Rifle w/Fire Bolts, 1d8+2 energy, 2 attacks/rd). She’s way back, away from the main action, on the the tracked truck up on high ground wearing her cold weather outfit. She got a sniper rifle loaded with nanite bullets (Temper 1, E.C. 3) to shot Eli in the butt if he takes a snooze. His nano shield is set to turn off if dies.

Eli will use his Arts and Craft skill lvl 3, Int 4, to make a white paper mache hollow rock to sneak up on Pelonious. It has nightmare hide covering inside to help keep Eli warm (It’s cold outside, still.) and hopeful his immutable-ness won’t stand out. The thing should last this mission. Yeah, this is going to slow going, bad on the back and someone could trip over him. Well, crush him but NANO SHIELD son! Figure these guys are pretty tall and will be busy attacking Crackler Watt forces.

Grim really didn’t care either way which group had the spire, but it his allies were going to get involved he figured he would aid them how he could. Using his bastard tunnel rat skills, he would check for any sign of the invaders attempting to mine their way in or otherwise attempt to subvert the defenses.

—ooc—

(sorry at work, don’t have acces to character sheets right now. Use stats from last week)

If Nuria can affect any of the Ice Guards with fire, she will attack as such. If not, she is equipped with a Unique Holdout (can be fired as a springshot, does 5 Missile dmg & can be used to inflict poison, or as a magi cannon for 3d8 energy dmg, 3d8 pain dmg, or 3d8 chill dmg. She gains 1 Unique Rod ( Casts banish at 5 successes, or can be used in close combat to do 3d8 Pain dmg)).

As for Pelonious, same deal. If she can’t affect him at all, it’ll have to be up to someone else…

(Ooc: Sorry for the super late post. I’ve been crazy busy the last few days…)