Glacial Wastes Mission 8: The Doomworms Attack Jemison Post

Lurtor and Grim couldn’t believe their luck. Finally the threat of the Dragon of Doom, End of Worlds, had been lifted from the Glacial Wastes. And now there were hundreds of new caverns to explore, filled with dragon scale, and shed claw and wing material and no-one knew what else.

Grim had used a shadow drive to transport the dragon all the way to a moon of Refuge. Hidden away on Sanctuary, the planet of Refuge was suddenly safe. Safer still since everyone, except Grim and Lurtor and a handful of EEF Scientists, all thought the End of Worlds dragon was still hidden under the Glacial Wastes.

But a cabal of Doomwyrms serving alongside the Doomwyrm Rider Opileth Wayren has found the End of Worlds missing when they checked on her egg clutch. Blaming the outsiders at Jemison Post, this group of twelve Doomwyrm Riders and six Doomwyrms are currently the only folks who have discovered the secret.

Do the allies of Jemison Post take down the Doomwyrms and their riders to keep the secret safe? Or do they figure out a different way.

[Bold] Mission Rules [/Bold]

A player may act in response to the actions posted by another player in this thread, IF they have previously discussed a plan for this mission in a separate thread they choose to create in the forums.

A post should be under two paragraphs in length.

THIS MISSION IS OPEN TO NURIA, LALDER, ELI MCGRAW and GRIM only.

This mission ends on Friday December 2nd at 12 Midnight EST.

Time to return to the COLD DRAFT for some planning

http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?1795-The-Cold-Draft-at-Jemison-Post/page11

song: Axel F - Harold Faltermeyer

If things go south (bad)… Eli (Bait) scouts for the Doomwyrms with Molly (A Hovertruck) and Buffy (Not A Hovertruck). Buffy is not amused but Eli drew the long straw from the hat. He gets to make up the code names for this party. Since Buffy is such a great sniper (for a leyas user - her Rifle is 8 verse Eli’s 6 but she only has Range 2), Molly will spot for her while she shoots them with whatever unholy leyas weapons she has. Eli will lead the Doomwyrms away from Buffy, Molly and other snipers and what not.

If things go north (less bad)… Eli will keep his damn mouth shut as Lurtor sweet talks them down. song: Queen - We Are The Champions Laugh it up.

Grim follows the rest out to meet the dragons. As long as the situation remains peaceful, he will remain in the background and not antagonize anyone. Hopefully the situation can resolve without bloodshed or annihilations.

If it comes to desperate measures, Grim will challenge the leader of the Dragon forces to a trial by combat. If necessary, he will tell the leader that he was the one that moved the End of Worlds. If the leader wins, Grim will give them the location of the Dragon. If the leader loses to Grim, he will take his forces and turn himself into the warcouncil at Svara.

—occ—

Grim (Bastard Tunnel Rat)
Hp 18
LR 6 (bandit) Troubadour 4 General 2 Shadow 6 Earth 6 Fire 6 Air 5 Water 6 Shapeshift 6.
Combat: thrown small 6, LCR 5, LCM 5
special trainings: melee +!, Range +1, Thrown +3, knife thrower, Ignite, Ambush Predator.
Skills: Burglary 2, stealth 4, Explosive theory 4, Perform 4, Survival 3, Artifact lore 3, skiing 2, Diplomacy 3, planes lore 4, Profession hostage negoitater 3
Important Gear: MAgi Cannon (3d6 energy), Paired Void kur’az, Paired Zela kur’az with nightmare hide handles and sheathes, comm crystal. hand Springshot with Antileyas dart(refined annihilator blood) ring(warm aura and obscure), Glove (shrapnel Cannon 4 suc), Glove (Plasma cannon) Bracelet (Healer nanites 2 suc),comm crystal. Ring (teleport 6 suc, shadow drive 6 suc)

Lurtor’s goal was to talk these Doomwyrms out of attacking. He didn’t want them dead as that would cause more trouble than not. Lurtor would pick a spot where the post was out of range of the Doomwyrms.

Lurtor would say to the Lurtor’s and OtO’s “I ask for the help of you. I do not wish for combat witht he doomwyrms, and I want no attacks unless I signal for them. But I need a good stick just in case. Please setup at sniping range to take out these doomwyrms if they attack. Do not put yourself to close to be into danger. All life is valuable, whether the body is from a clone or from birth. So lets see if we can protect the post and each other without losses today.”

Lurtor ask the technomancers “Will you please take up protective positions against these doomwyrms. I do not wish any attack unless necessary. I’m going to talk them down. But if I fail, we need to protect the post and the people in it.”

Lurtor would grow his wings and fly up to meet them.

Lurtor would say “Please hold. Great Doomwyrms. I know why you are here and have already reached out to Dahelein Archwing to explain. There is no need for battle here. Dahelein knows why I will not explain in detail here and now. What I can tell you is the End of worlds is safe and I offer any help needed to recover and save your eggs to Dahelein. I did not know they would be effected by recent events, otherwise I would have asked if help was needed. So I offer it to Dahelein and I offer it now. I have many Aquamancers and teramancers who can help. Myself included. Let us take care of those in need.”

If the Doomwyrms decide to move forward or attack, Lurtor will use light leyas blinding light to disorient the doomwyrms. Then he will teleport away to avoid the anhilation leyas. Lurtor then suspecting Dahelein ordered the attack, will pick a doomwyrm to touch through his shadow and Doopleganger him to read his mind and find the truth. (note last resort.) Note, since he teleported away. he shouldn’t be a target. Also he would not keep the doomwyrms form longer than a second. Like what was done to him.

With hope, even the dragons will not be final deathed to be used as barter back with the doomwyrms and recover the cost of an attack.

Lurtor (VLAD Agent) LR:6, HP:24, Init: 2D6+Agility

Stats (Str:6 (12), Agility:6, Will:7, Health:6, Int:5, Chr:3 (7), Emotional Control:2, Temper:2)

Attacks (Melee:3 (4), Ranged:3 (6), Thrown:2(4), Leyas:1)

Special Abilities: (Regen:4 hps /rd, Melee Strike +2, Ranged Shot +2, Rapid Throw +1, Duelist, Gunslinger, Knife thrower, Quickdraw, Goo Warrior Special Training, Bladed Sun Devotion, Faith (Bladed Sun) 1, Path of the redeemer lvl 2, Shadow Assassin Devotion lvl 1, TimeShredded, Tough As Nails, Ignore Poison (4 Succ), Bird Sight (+2 Bonus to Range Combat w/Missle/Energy), Animal Sight (See in Dark), Animal Hearing/Smell (+2 to hearing and smell tests), Ignore Poison, Obscure 6 Succ (+12 to T# for Leyas sight));

Skills (Artillery:2, Blunt Weapons:1, Edged Weapons:5, HtH:3, LCM:6, LCR:6, Pilot Airship:1, Pilot War Giant:3, Polearms:1, Springshots:5, Thrown Weapon:4, Computers:2, Tech Forger:4, Tech Repair:3, Performance:5, Religion:3, Acting:1, Burglary:4, Climb:4, Diplomacy:2, Explosive Theory:4, Heraldry:2, Herbalism:4, Leyas Mapping:1, Leyas Recognition:2, Medicine/Healing:1, Monster Lore:1, Profession(Spy):6, Set Traps:4, Sleight of Hand:3, Stealth:3, Survival:2)

Leyas (LR:6, Air:3, Earth:4, Fire:3, Water:2, Light:3, Shadow:4, General:2, Healing:1, ShapeShifting:6, Summoning:1, Technomancy:6, Troubadour:4)

Equipment:
Fireball ring, Ringer of LIghtning Strike, Ring of Healing (Cure Disease, Heal Internal Damage, Cure Poison (3 succ), Bracer of Acid Cone, Amulet of Channel (Channel Leyas 6 successes)
VLAD Phoenix Strike Pistol, Skull Crusher Magi Pistol, Magi Pistol-Soldier Model, 2 Magi Pistol-Capture Model, 2 Combat Knife (Shieldbreak 6 success),Paladin Sword, Gloves of Wave Motion Fist, 2 Swordfiend bone Throwing blades, Magi Cannon, Hell Forged Dagger, 2 Acid Grenades, 2 Liquid Nitrogen Grenades, 5 Sonic Grenades, 1 Vial of Djinni Blood
“Bone Rings: Animal Sight (4 Succ), Animal Smell/Hearing (4 Succ), (Catlike Reflexes (4 Succ), Monstrous Str (6 Succ), Vorpral Claws (6 Succ), Grow Armor (5 Succ), Ignore Poison (4 Succ). Effects are 12 Str (+9 Dmg), A.R +10 vs MME, Vorpral Claws (1D6+1 No AR), See in Dark, Regen 4/hps (2 Succ) and Obscure (6 Succ)”

War Council of S’vana has now taken over jurisdiction of this matter.