GL2 Intermission 4-5: The Space Ship "Base" on Mag Buskt Island

A few hours latter

“When this all work gets done-ish I would like to focus on security. Even though OtO is in charge of security of the island, it falls to the Lucky Fate Squad and you guys to protect the core of the launch site. This is assuming we’re able to launch. I would like to watch out for funny stuff.”

“My request is to have Jaime, his friends and me protect the hanger area with the spaceship during launch day. Could Doctor Bones also help with some medical duties?”

“I would like Blake help Naeil in tower watching each others back. You guys should a have 3 or 4 tech-heads helping with logistics.”

“Lord Mada, I think your crew should patrol the outside the launch rail with Hekeriki as she triple checks things. Keep her safe and you get paid.”

The gog adjusts his coat.

“This is assuming quite a bit.”

Godart cracks his neck.

“Questions? Suggestions? Need or want anything?”

Jamie smiled at Godart, sure thing we can protect the Hanger afterwards, we still have our power armor from the old days so we will suit up, it will be more intimidating then." Dr. Bones nodded curtly, “of course, my original trade was medicine would be happy to switch to that, I am just about done with the fuel additives, your stuff will burn cleaner and more efficiently now, more bang for your buck as they say. If you want I can work on inoculations against known poisons to prevent sabotage, I hear that there are some groups out there who like to make others sick. Might be worth guarding against, your choice though, won’t do anything without you clearing it first.”

“You bring some good points. That reminds me, I think I might need to make a long distance phone call. Something Olgog the Olgog mention to me along with a bunch of people over the years that needs to be address. I’ll be back in bit.”

Godart walks over to Olgog the Olgog.

“I need to ask you to help get me in touch with the Iron Republic and the Earth Expeditionary Force.”

Dr Bones shrugged, “I will prepare the inoculations, if you do want it then it will be available, I can prepare it in several forms, from injection to an inhaler depending on the preference of the person receiving it.” Jamie nodded at Godart, “We will begin our preparations and gather our equipment.”

Many months and a building with training montage later…

“Dr Bones? I need you to come with me.”

Godart takes you to a private office.

“If you familiar with a gog name Lalder, he on crusade for the killing of Neliff. He told me if their was any chance of my crew that ran into them, I should check to see who is still themselves. Awhile ago, my crew ran into them.”

The gog picks up a mug and drinks from it.

“I don’t really trust Lalder much, but I can get behind this makes sure there is no Neliff in my ranks type of deal-o. Could you quietly run some tests to see if any of us are infected, including myself. Here is the list prepared of people to needs to be checked out.”

Dr. Bones frowned, “I have heard of Lalder, though I do not believe I have met him personally. I have heard of these Neliff, nasty creatures, I will look into this situation for you. I will take blood and tissue samples from you and the people on your list. I can disguise it as a routine medical check up, tell people that they are just getting some routine shots and blood work. What do you think?”

“Any other resources you need for this I’ll be willing to scrounge up.”, sigh Godart.

Dr. Bones thought to himself for a few moments then responded “To be honest I would like to take a look at everyone if I can, one might call me paranoid but I feel better safe then sorry. Also one of the facinating things about Refuge is the power of belief. Placebos can in fact cause a subject to truly believe that they are protected against a threat, and that belief can grant them an actual real resistance. I suggest a simple sugar water injection for the personnel here at the base. We will of course tell them that it is designed to prevent Neliff control, and as long as it looks official, medical, and quite scientific most will believe it. Thus while the injection is meaningless their confidence might give them an actual resistance, won’t be perfect but it will reduce fears and cause everyone to be able to operate at their best. Plus the sugar will give them a rush and make them feel good.”

“Very well, check up Jamie and your friends out first then everyone else. Let’s move out. We got more security drills this week before the launch in the next couple of months. I’m figuring Mag Buskt rather not have too many headaches. Or OtO… plus, right now, I’m doing another test launch with Goblin Ur’sa One.”

Dr. Bones nodded, “I will get started right away, I will make sure I get to everyone I can.” With that Dr. Bones left to begin preparations.