DR2220 Mission 5 Report: Evil feels real to its victims, or Night of the Descended

Prologue: Is Evil simply a condition of an arbitrary moral code? Or is it something Real?

Azrael sat on a throne of Quall bone, in his keep, on the Plane of Awareness. His cowl was pulled back, revealing himself in a way Falosini only did while alone or among only other Falosini. The eyes of Azrael so like stars in an expansive galaxy flickered.

Azrael sighed to himself, Aeons completed, worlds built and destroyed, and all for what? His end game had always been a grand Peace, a peace where the Quall’s desires for conquest would finally be blunted.

He saw that future in glimmers. A future of peace, of respect, of care, of love. It was a beautiful reality, and a reality that could have one day become real. A reality where Quall and Da’uhnb worked side by side to police those descended beings who worked against the Balance as Warmonger did, and to leave those descended beings who worked alongside the balance alone…

But instead the “heroes” of Refuge completed their ritual to eliminate the Warmonger once and for all, banishing the Descended Beings from our timeline in one fell swoop. Then he watched as Time Shredders ripped apart reality, and the timelines he was preparing for were wiped away like so much scrap thread once the tailor was done.

There was a moment of rage, to see so much good simply destroyed due to greed and desire for control.

There were now a horrible splintering of futures he saw, ones where the I.R. Quall civil war wiped out all life in this timeline, ones where the EEF become little more than a vassal state of the Iron Republic, and ones where the heroes of Refuge were forced to flee to the Draco, and the planet once more became a penal colony.

And that but one planet, and all of it hung upon a single temporal thread. The temporal thread created by the K’iorn known as Ryuk, killing the Da’uhnb Queen. It was his act of supreme evil, a choice born from LUST FOR POWER, from SELFISHNESS, and from a desire to TAKE CONTROL AWAY FROM OTHERS.

Azrael knew now why Ryuk’s many paths had been hidden from his future sight. A betrayal and coverup by the Da’uhnb known as Herniker Guerre, a former idolator of Warmonger who had been tweaking the timeline to keep Ryuk’s path hidden.

Azreal was saddened. For Aeons since his ascention, the return of the Da’uhnb Queen had been one of his grandest goals. The greatest of all goods, birthed from the most dangerous of all evils, the Da’uhnb Queen lived her life with no other purpose than protecting all timelines from incursions by the ancient evils.

Now with her death, the balance had spread out all the evil of the Warmonger among countless species and countless sentients. The Ascended had hoped to offset the Balance shift by sealing themselves away in the Prison Dimension of Les’tas’tral. Many had gone willingly, but among the Falosini one had refused.

Ceroj the Red and in his refusal he had began his descention, becoming a primal descended along with Ryuk, and many others.

Azrael knew he would have to account for a Primal Evil among the Falosini Sovereigns soon enough, but that might lead to a Falosini Civil War. With the Sylvan at Civil War, if the Falosini were to fall to interal strife it would leave all the goodly beings’ governments broken and unable to mobilize them against the enemies of reality.

Suddenly he could feel those moments when his ascended mind was encorporating new data, information from new timelines that were springing forth. Each was created by the annihilation effect of a Time Shredder, and one seemed to be created by the Annihilation effect of someone trying to manipulate time without a time shredder.

He could feel it, sense it, and it concerned him. A primal descended with power over Time itself? It must be stopped at all costs…

Then he could sense someone was coming, and he pulled his cowl back on.

As the door to his hall opened, he saw Zaodonai Dokos Ha’jima, most loyal of his Uthvelor Zaodonai, and the ancient Uthvelor looked worried and concerned. Something was mewling from inside Dokos’ clenched hands, as the Uthvelor shook he squeezed his hands, and blood pooled between his fingers.

The uthvelor leader bowed deeply before Lord Azrael and said, “My Sovereign, I know of concerning news from all of our settlements. Primal Descended have grown in power revealing themselves across our holdings.

It is as if Lord Pelos knew this was coming my lord.

Lord Pelos had agents waiting for that moment, and has already gathered the Primal Evils to his side. He has amassed a significant army of powerful evil beings who will do much harm.”

“Good” said Lord Azrael.

“Good? My lord, I don’t understand,” said Zaodonai Dokos.

Azrael said, “If we had Primal Descended among us, we would have had to deal with them. That would show our own darkest elements brought out by fear and worry, or would result in our demise if we did not take their threat seriously enough.

Pelos is a warrior. He is a general. He is a strategist. He is a terrorist. But he is not a demon. He has a sentient mind. He will not be prepared with the evil is he really facing. Pelos may have thought he has brought a powerful array of weapons to his side. But he is unwilling to see that these beings are not reliable weapons. They are self destructive and will act out in ways without asking for support, guidance or council that will cost their entire societies everything…

These are not the Ancient Evils, representatives of universal traits that destroy us.

These are the Primal Evils, primally thrashing against society, restraint, empathy and rules not for any greater goal other than selfish fulfillment. They are Warmonger’s philosophy of “Me, Mine, More” taken to extreme and recognized for their choices and destructive actions.”

Zaodonai Dokos asked sadly, “Does that mean they cannot be redeemed?”

“What does redemption look like to someone who would destroy a solar system just to see if they could, would harm innocents to fuel the building of their endless warmachines, and seek out enemies even when there previously had been none?” Asked Azrael, “When that riddle is solved you will solve the problem of the Primal Descended.”

Part 1: Speeches on the News

Ren Obliette had a tough slog every day. He was from a long line of the Chooru Water & Sewage (CW&S) Workers, and had proudly entered the sewers every day to make sure water flowed smoothly and there were no threats.

Hunting Nightmares was a regular affair, and he had done so proudly for the last twenty years of his life. But now as he was aging he was worried. The CW&S had been giving him less and less day jobs, and less hours on the clock in general. He was worried they were hoping he would quite due to his age so they could replace him with some young buck.

As a result, Ren Obliette was stuck working side shifts at a Burger Stand, working hot long hours, with no hope of advancement and lousey pay. He was tired all the time, frustrated that there was no hope in his future.

When he came home on this fine day, he was pretty angry that his shitty day was ending with News. But every channel on his local Holonet display was covered by news. He had barely afforded one of the new Holonet Displays and couldn’t afford a dish to get I.R. Holonet channels like his richer neighbors. Ren Obliette watched as a handsome military man spoke proudly of the colonies.

Field Marshall Strykker said, “The Colonies have seen more than their fair share of trouble over the years. We have always solved them. I think that’s because we have always managed to come together and work for the greater good of all when the worst of times were upon us. Now we face a new challenge.

For reason unknown a group of people have become overwhelmed with demonic energy and descended. Even now the EEF and Colonial authorities are working to contain this situation and I ask that people let them do their work. Citizens should remain vigilant but you should not panic. Panic and fear will not help. What will help is watching out for one another. Remember that these people are your friends and neighbors and more than likely victims in this situation. To anyone who has experienced this change and wishes help I encourage you to turn themselves in. You will not be harmed if you do. And we will do everything we can to reverse this change.

If I learned anything during my time as Field Marshal it is that the people of the Colonies have the ability to do amazing things when they work together for a common goal. That is how we built these Colonies to begin with. It is how we rid ourselves of petty tyrants. It is what saw us through an Iron Republic invasion. When we stick together we are at our best. When we allow fear or selfishness to drive us we are at our worst. It was giving into those impulses that caused the massacre of the native ol’gog tribes. I beseech everyone to not make that mistake again.

If the Colonies ever do fall it will be because we did not stand together. We did not worry for each other as we should. So I ask again that we all look deep within ourselves . Each and everyone of us and resolve to face this problem not with panic but with clear heads. Not with fear but with cautious compassion for those afflicted. If we can do that I am sure we can solve this problem like we have in the past.”

Ren Obliette liked what he heard and got up to get himself a beer. As he came back from the kitchen he could see a new speech was on the Holo.

Daron says "I am proud to STAND before you here at Mt Vir. The colonies are strong and stronger when we stand together. Our greatest enemy is fear and let us STAND together against it.

We will not let the creation of these Primal Descendeds break apart our communities. So I ask the everyday person to report any Primal Descended to the authorities. Allow them to safely handle them. There should be no Mobs, or burning on the Crosses or stakes. The EEF and colonies job is to protect their citizens, help them STAND with you…

A friend told me the Primal Descended have ‘done messed up their lives and others to the point this universe calls them out on it.’

I call on the EEF deal with all Primal Descendeds as quickly as possible for the colonies citizens safety and the primal descendeds safety. Even as we call on our citizens not to riot or take justice into their own hands, many still will out of fear. And Primal descendeds have done great harm to be transformed.

And to those who have fallen, I call on you to self report.

Pay for your crime and do the time.

You can not hide now the Universe has called you out on it. Use this as a wake up call. Don’t leave justice to a mob. We will find a way for you to pay for your crimes and keep our citizens safe. ”

Daron pauses for a few seconds and grows very serious "Fear…. That is the greatest evil that faces us. Fear causes what would be good people to commit the most evil acts. It has happened before. The Gobiln Genocide. The original settlers fear created nightmares that killed their kids or loved ones. Then they saw a group they didn’t understand and slaughtered them for hundreds of years out of fear. Generations slaughtered and gone. That is one act of Pure evil done and caused by people praying on others fear instead of protecting them.

Let us not repeat that mistake today."

Ren Obliette was feeling really good. He had been worried. After all the bullshit with the Border Wars, and the Goblin Lands, he was happy to just let the EEF handle things. But then Ren ran into a mental conundrum. If Ren agreed with Daron that he should just let the EEF handle things, did that mean Ren should really be supporting Field Marshall Strykker? He liked both what Strykker said, and what Daron said. Both seemed reasonable and well reasoned. He felt a little closer to the human he saw, because he was a human as well.

.But as he weighed their arguments he saw a much older wiser looking person come on the stage. Ren Obliette looked closer and wondered who was this man?

Lord Grimaldus sighs, "This is just plain ridiculous, am I the only one who thinks so? Ok, let’s talk about this, some months ago we had an army from a mirror universe invade the Southern Lands, we have had demonic invasions, Quall N Drone, Krato, Warmonger aligned Giants, and perhaps I am sure an evil clown or two for good measure probably. Now there are people who are turning into Primal Descended creatures, can anyone really say that this kind of event is really all that out of the ordinary? Fear? Shock? Are we all actually feeling these things? Personally I am just surprised that it has taken so long since the last whacked out emergency happened. What is the greatest danger, greatest evil we face as colonies? To be honest the worst threat is the idea that these weird things won’t happen in the future, complacency is the greatest danger to face us. We cannot just sit around and wait for the next weird ass event to take us by surprise. The next time alternate dimensional glowing pink Quall/Krato hybrids pop in wanting to eat out homes we need to smile and say ‘yes we have prepared for you and no we are not surprised that you are here’.

Yeah, some of you are laughing, some probably think I shouldn’t make jokes about the dangers we face but we cannot afford to think so plainly. We cannot expect our future enemies to look like the old ones, we have to expect the flying spaghetti monsters, or the space yetis, or the giant rock monsters who ooze acid from ever bleeding wounds. This planet is weird, this universe is weird, and we have weird dimensions almost right on top of us. We cannot be complacent, we cannot be shocked every time something strange pops up.

Yes, we now have Primal Descended, people who have been cursed and shaped because of some invisible moral authority decided that that person was an asshole and needs to be transformed so the rest of us can see it. So, we need to put on our big boy pants and try to find ways to deal with this issue without becoming the monsters ourselves. Unity will protect us, by working together, sharing our strengths, our intelligence, then we can find a solution that no single group could imagine. We are strong together and we aren’t going to let the barney event of the week throw us into confusion and chaos, we are better then that.

I have sent word to the colonies of Absolom and Hebron in the south and they are working hard to figure out how to keep things peaceful. The Descended are still people even after their change and we cannot just butcher our fellow colonists, nor will we panic. Our laws are still in place, if citizens break the law they will be apprehended, if some Descended are peaceful well we won’t do anything to them because we aren’t frightened children who just arrived on the planet Refuge. We have dealt with stranger and more frightening events on this world and we will deal with stranger still. Take comfort in each other, through cooperation we are strong, we have nightmares that rise to kill us, it takes more then this to shake us. Trust in each other, work together and we can overcome any obstacle.

Thank you all.”

Ren Obliette sat back with a smile. This was a man he could get behind. He pulled out his beer money for the week and put it into an envelope to mail it to donate some money.

When he returned from mailing the donation, he saw a new speech was being done. He missed the intro. But he recognized the Candidate. Yildor Roren was a man’s man and a family man. The Other candidates hid their families away, which means they had family problems right? If they couldn’t manage their family, how could they manage the colonies. Yildor managed his family so well that the other candidates were calling them a mafia. Now that was a man who could keep the colonies in line, thought Ren as he sipped his beer. Ren had missed the intro but he heard Yildor nearly yelling.

“You have been bombarded by images and propoganda today from Peacemongers who want you to give up your springshots and let people prey upon your people and your families…

The real truth is that Primal Descended HAVE brought it on themselves. They have been given chance after to chance to redeem themselves, to do right by others, or at least NOT to be a DESTRUCTIVE FORCE IN OUR ENVIRONMENT!

If a person keeps coming out of a cave and attacking a nearby settlement WHY DO WE TURN OUR BACK?

I will tell you another real truth. The reason you see these Primal Descended is because the VLAD Agency and other EXTRA-LEGAL arms of the EEF has been developing criminal forces.

You all know the story of Olgog the Olgog? He was in the EEF and instead of tossing him in jail for insubordination and attacking a commanding officer, this Olgog the Olgog was sent over to be an extra-legal agent. He became one of the Colonies worst terrorists.

What about Ryuk and Buffy McGraw-Strykker? They were both talking about killing me for being a candidate. Why? Because they were both once VLAD agents.

I propose the misuse of the EEF’s extra-legal arms directly resulted in the Night of the Descended.”

Ren did a double take. This guy had the nerve to blame the military. Ren was a proud Colonist and always supported the troops and grew angry but kept watching.

Yildor continued, “My first thing would be to clean up the VLAD Agency. Then I would create a special commission to look into why the Night of Descended happened.

But before this commission meets we should all be honest for a moment. For ages the Church of One has been saying using the Leyas in the wrong ways turns people into demons right? Allowing the Olgogs to have their own nation would empower demons right? And Now look around and your neighbors are all becoming demons.”

Ren looked out the window at his neighbor’s home through the blinds. Paranoia gripped his mind. The older gal next door was so angry and spiteful all the time. She had killed more than one of the neighbor’s cats. And when he saw her walking down to her mailbox with burning runes emblazoned across his body, his breath caught in his throat. She was a descended.

Ren Obliette walked over to his wall and pulled the springshot off it and loaded it with two hunting spears blessed by the faithful. He knew if she were a normal person it would only cut her, not burn her. He stepped out and looked at her.

He yelled, “Hey Marge, what the fuck did you do to become a Primal Descended?”

The older gal turned on her heel, and drew out a deadly lookin kitchen knife.

“It was probably a lot of things I did over my life adding up so now I’m wearing this scarlet letter on my skin,” said Marge with a slight grin, “Go back in your house Ren, or you’ll end up having your kids bury you next to Nancy, Snowflake, Buttermuffin, Chamomile, and what was the name of that first cat your parents got you?

I remember when it chased a nightmare onto my lawn. The nightmare was cute, but your cat, all hissing and scratching. I just had to hold it down and let the nightmare eat it slowly while it couldn’t fight back. I just had to as a lesson. But no, you and the other children couldn’t learn the lesson could you. Thinking you could have pets.”

“Lady who the fuck are you to decide if the neighbor is allowed pets or not? This is a free colony?” Ren shouted back.

“Nobody is going to stop me, therefore I can do it. Now go back inside before you join the neighborhood pets,” said Marge as she menaced Ren with the knife.

Ren used a nearby emergency bell to summon some Chooruvian Blue Guard.

“I need you to arrest her. This old lady has been killing off all the neighborhood pets for years,” said Ren with rightous anger.

“I’m sorry sir, unless you have proof of that?” said the Blue Guard, keeping a close eye on the Descended Old Lady, but not doing anything that could be construed as prejudice under Field Marshall Strykker’s latest proclamtions.

Ren sputted.

The other Chooruvian Blue Guard asked Marge, “Ma’am I notice you have the tell tale signs of being a Primal Descended. Would you mind coming in to the station and allowing the EEF to have a look at you and see if they can reverse the affects?

Marge stopped and concentrated for a moment and shapeshift Leyas flowed around her. She looked like her old normal self. “Is that better? I’m sorry I was not maintaining my illusion. I did not expect to have people calling me out on my looks when I was tossing out the trash.”

The Blue Guards sputtered and excused themselves and Ren was left there sputtering as well.

He said to Marge, “You kill any more of the neighborhood’s kids’ pets and I’ll take you out of the equation myself.”

“I’ll kill as many as they get,” Marge snarled, “And you won’t do anything because if you do, my surviving family will sue yours for killing me unlawfully.”

“But there are laws against killing animals that do not belong to you,” retorted Ren.

Marge said, “And you will have an easy a time proving that occurred here as you will just now when the officers ask for proof. Go home little man.”

Really wanting to shoot her, but feeling completely disempowered, Ren turned on his heel and walked back into the house. Slamming the door as he went. He walked over to the chair and sat down.

On the news Yildor Roren’s speech continued, and Ren felt more and more like he understood what was being said.

“I say stop the political correct bullshit.

Lets push out those who want to allow demons to spread and prey on us. This event is just proof that the Church of One was right all along…

I support the immediate return of Church of One Churches to any colony that is currently suffering from Primal Descended. Now don’t get me wrong. I believe in freedom of speech, and religion. They will be just building their churches there to help local authorities cure and or purge this problem of Primal Descended.”

Yildor suddenly got very quiet and pulled a magi cannon out of his coat. He held it up for all to see.

“I want to apologize to the colonies. When Ryuk kidnapped me for his private chat, I never suspected he would go on to trigger this global catastrophe. But my sources tell me he is linked to this event of the Night of the Descended.

Had I used this gun to put that dangerous dog down, we would all be safe right now. That is my fault. I did not address his evil like I should. Instead, I held my hand, when I should have fired.

From now on If I become Colony General all demonic taint will be removed from Refuge. Your souls will be protected by roving bands of our new Prayer Corps. The Prayer Corps will cleanse your evil thoughts, and make sure all your family is safe. From you to your spouse, to your kids, to your pets. Imageine if you were threatened by a Primal Descended and you could just call a Prayer Corpsmember to your aid and they would cleanse that demon right quick. Even if it is wearing your neigbors face.

We cannot allow peace to blind us to the threats lurking on every street corner. I will allow the first of these Prayer Corps to join me on the campaign trail so that I will not be kidnapped again.

People of Refuge. If Demons are real the Church of One is right. If Demons are not real, what the hell have we been, and are we facing?”

Ren sat back into his chair with a thud. He knew and understood what he had to do.

The following day, he stopped into the old Church of One Cathedral in Chooru.

He was surprised to see so many Earthers there. The elder knight who acted as Priest here smiled and said, “Welcome Brother, it has been long since these walls rang with the patter of feet. Obviously gods blessings have returned to us.”

“There are so many people,” marveled Ren.

“Fear has brought many back into the fold,” agreed the Church of Oner, “Now that Fear is goodwit because it will lead them to hate the right individuals who have held them back and stopped them from seeing their god-given success and birthright as humans.”

Part 2: On the Local level

News at Eleven

Mr. Vir

Chooru Holonet News finished its recordings of the Daron Speech in Mt, Vir when news broke out of a revolt at the Prisoner transfer. The descended along with the K’iou Shapeshifter Grosh has fled Mt. Vir escaping to an unknown location. Its a veritable army of assassins and ne’er do wells.

McGraw Harbor

Eli McGraw issues this statement to McGraw Harbor’s public and private police forces:

“Until further notice you will not take unlawful action against Primal Descended unless they have been proven to have commit a crime in this area. Avoid dealing about Final Death with them unless there is no choice. Doesn’t mean you have to be stupid or foolish. Observer them and use your best judgement in preventing them from causing damage. Mob rule and mob justice will not be tolerated. Arrest anyone who act like they are above the law. Bounty hunters must register with me personally if they have a problem with a Primal Descended. Exterdistions of criminals to EEF Colonies will be generally honored. All else will be judged case by case. Penalty for unlawful Final Death is seizure of all property and possible judgement of Final Death against the law breaker.” .

Soon after the Mayor’s office in McGraw Harbor had a brick thrown through the window that said “You Police state must END. You cannot watch us all the time. - The Descended of Pelos”

But so far no additional violence.

Only one Primal descended has been found so far in town, his name is Lester Colt. An original expedition member he was found to be involved in cannibalism and is currently awaiting trial. He paid his bail, and declares his innocence despite the obvious signs of descending.

Jemison Post

In Nearby Jemison Post decisions were made to simply exile the descended found into neighbor’s lands. They found six Olgog the Olgog Clones, six Lurtor Clones, and six Tilde clones who had well and truly descended. Their plots had apparently included kidnapping and impersonating PeaceLord Grim and declaring war on the Colonies using the Orbital Weapons.

The group was exiled and is rumored to be on its way to McGraw Harbor to join up with Lester Colt
But that might just be rumors…

The United Tribes of Refuge

The UtR quickly found itself in an interesting position, not wanting to be prejudiced but acting so anyway.

Aufgog Lalder even made a public statement saying,

“We olgogs have been slaughtered for Generations because of our looks. The eathers thought we were monsters and treated us like that. We do not know enough about these Primal Descendeds. So with the Primal Descendeds, we will not do what was done to us. We will judge them based on their actions and deeds.

If someone changes into a Descended, that is enough to look into their actions, but not imprison or kill. If a Primal descended does not cause harm to anyone or break our laws, they are treated normally until we know otherwise. If they commit a crime, they will be punish per the offense.

But we must know more of these Primal Descended. In the background, We will share information and intelligence amongst protectors of our tribe and nation about the primal descendeds. Who, where, why, and if we know the reason for their fall. As we find out more or if they get out of control, we will adjust our policy.”

As a result the descended have all gone underground being told by their leaders they are being watched. They created their own blackmarket and began to plot against the government of the UtR.

There are rumors of a mass migration too…

Karov

The Herald is troubled by the Primal Descended, they pose a threat to the work that has been accomplished. It must be determined if they are a threat. All Descended will be quarantined by simple undead until it can be determined what their intentions are. If they are willing to swear to be peaceful they will be released but have to accept the terms that they will be observed for a time after. If they refuse to cooperate and turn violent then they can serve Wintermute as animated corpses. If they don’t wish to stay but agree not to be violent they can leave but they will be warned that the Gor’abs of Karov will probably be less generous then the rules of Wintermute.

They did not wish to stay and hundreds of Primal Descended living in Karov fled. Many died on the blades of Wild Karovian Gor’abs. But others made their mass migration as well.

Brez

King Blood’Og II would seek out the Primal Descended in Brez. He would say to them, "You are distilled hate. The Hate the Church of One hurled at Gogs like us for centuries when they killed our families and stole our culture, our heritage from us. I know you got guts, you done things that were tough and bad and rad. And that is okay. The Maklaltor is ready for you to join.

The Maklaltor offers food, weapons and the greatest target of all time to attack. The Campaign Offices of Lord Grimaldus. He was a racist, and now he be hiding.

Crush the Grimaldus, burn down Absalom and Hebron, burn down anything owned by a hateful Earther. That is my goal for you Primal Descended of Brez. A one way ticket to fame, fortune and places where you can be as evil as you wanna be."

Port Unen and Drewsport and Holys

Torlok’ab listened to the reports coming in about the appearance of the defended After several hours of deliberation, he came to a decision. Calling an aide, he dictated a memo to be sent to all Redeemer forces.

"From the desk of Torlok’ab,
In light of the recent developments involving the beings being called Descendants, our forces will observe and report their actions. As long as they are not corrupting others or forcing their will on Innocents, we will take no direct action. As the teachings of the Redeemer state ‘each being must be allowed to chose their own path in life as long as they​ do not hinder the ability of others to decide for themselves.’ Because of this, as long as they do not violate any laws or force themselves or thier will on others, we will observe only. But remember that in defense of the innocent you are allow to take action.
Signed Torlok’ab, Duranki of Holys "

The Redeemers were the only ones ready for the intensity of violence. In those first few days they eliminated the threat of the Descended from Drewsport, Port Unen and Holys. But after facing them Torlok’ab was sure these Primal Descended HAD already chosen their own paths, and the universe was simply allowing their own inner evil to show. Each time they were about to hurt an innocent a Redeemer was there to save the day this time, but what about other settlements.

Torlokab realized these Primal Descended was Warmonger’s one last desperate attack upon the people of Refuge. And once they gathered the Primal Descended would truly pose a threat to all…

Coral City

Lucia M. Largonel was in her office. It was a bit overwhelming to be Mayor and Heinrich wasn’t making things any easier.

But the doors to her offices opened and in walked Leyana, her lover and advisor. Leyana said, “Lucia, beloved you have to see this.”

Walking over to the window, Lucia could see a veritable army in the streets of Coral City, Earthers, Olgogs, K’iorn, K’iou, Kumfei and Baribur.

“Honey did you make some official statement that Primal Evils could move here and be absolved of their crimes?

Lucia looked out on the thousands of undocumented, unknown criminals who had just shown up within her city. She had asked them to come here, but now she wondered, with them so outnumbering her Rabble, would she be able to keep everyone fed, employed and succeeding possibly if she hand’t just invited the very people who want to watch the universe burn for their immediate amorphous benefit, without regard to the future they leave behind.

Then the doors to her chamber opened and in came one of the K’iorn former slaves that Ryuk had freed from bondage in Tarris.

“Mayor Lucia, the Sea weed beds are dying and the fish are fleeing coral city. Something is very wrong with the newcomers. Their auras seep with poison. And that poison is now spreading into our city…”

Rewards

All characters involved in this mission gain 7 advancement Points to use as they wish using normal rules.

All Candidates gain the choice of

1. Access to a Satellite that can broadcast your messages and speeches to all pirate and illegal Holonet recievers on Refuge.

Or

1. Access to your adverts on the side of House Oberon Merchant company (Borvis Merchant House, etc) vehicles in every port and harbor and caravan yard in the Colonies.

Community leaders who posted to this thread gain the following benefits

Eli McGraw, Lalder, The Herald gains Swift and Fair justice. He gains a +1 bonus to emotional control tests when dealing with Primal Descended.

Torlok’ab gains Units are Ready to Hunt the Primal Evils. Redeemers can automatically sense a Primal evil, even when cloaked or shapeshfited. As a result of experience from this mission, Torlok’ab and company gain +2 bonus when hunting and tracking Primal Evils.

Lucia gains 5,000 Primal Evils who have now moved wholesale into Coral City. They don’t have jobs. They have no interest in working. They are armed to the teeth (with an F.S.6) and no desire to listen to anyone’s authority. But they are willing to avoid using Light and Healing artifacts as demanded under Kasanthian law. Are they soldiers? Are they betrayers? What are they? You will have to find out…

Tor’Lallur gains 100 Primal Plagues. Each of these Plague Vampyrs can make a one time plague attack that has City effect and does 10 No .A.R. Disease dmg to every resident of a city or settlement. This attack will cause final death to a Primal Plague that uses it.

MakLaltor gains 300 Primal Evil Brezans. Use Brezan Raider stats and add Flurry (+5 Dodge T#) to all of their attacks.