Deliverance of the Volcano Statue

A small cart trundled along a well worn dirt path. It was pulled by two muscular Ur’Tor, each cloaked in nightmare hide armor. They looked worn and battered, as though from long days of travel on the road. In reality however, the artificings on their armor were keeping them sustained and hearty. The cart they pulled, crude yet effective in it’s own way, had a cloth thrown over the back of it, concealing the contents within. Ahead of them lay Simonsburg, a veritable oasis in the wastelands that surrounded it. This was their destination, their drop off point for their precious cargo. They would slip into the city, veiled under the guise that they were refugees fleeing the destruction in Yagogi to find a better life in the city. Keeping their heads low, they would make their way through the crowds.

The discovery of the cargo was not of great concern to them, as it was simply a statue. The average person would probably assume it was some bizarre piece of art that was being put up somewhere in the city. Despite this assumption, Kolgol had it placed into a shadow cocoon created by Uth’lal in an otherwise ordinary sack placed in the back of the cart. Various other sundries were added around it to give the appearance of mundane supplies that they had brought with them.

Once far into the city, they would find a secluded place, an abandoned alley or building, and would unload their haul. Placing it on the ground, they would kneel and pray to Kalok, imploring him to cleanse this place, and would then stand and prepare themselves.

Nodding at each other, they would split off and begin swiftly jogging in opposite directions, heading out of the city at different places so they wouldn’t be associated. If they both made it out in time, they would meet up outside the city and head home. If one didn’t make the other would return with his report. If none survived, well, at least there was no evidence left.

They turned to run as the volcano statue had done nothing during their prayers. Then there was an explosion as the statue erupted. Tentacles of flame reached out and plucked up Kalok’s devoted. They screamed as their bodies were burned down to the spirit. Their consciousness was stolen by the being in the volcano statue and it set down tendrills into the ground as hard as diamond.

Now firmly planted still playing with the Ka Rhug bodies the energy of the descended being rose over the city of Simonsburg.
Its malicious face looked down upon the terrified residents.

Its voice boomed over the people.

"I AM KALOK. I CLAIM THIS LAND AS MY OWN. EVERY LIFE IN IT IS MINE TO DO WITH AS I WILL. EVERY DAY YOU MUST SACRIFICE UNTO ME. TOMORROWS SACRIFICE, FIVE OLGOGS MUST PRESENT THEMSELVES FOR BRANDING AS MY BLACK LEGION OF KA RHUG.
IF THIS IS DONE I WILL BE SATED FOR A DAY.

IF FIVE DO NOT PRESENT THEMSELVES I WILL HAVE THIS CITY DESTROYED AND EVERY SOUL HERE WILL BE CONSUMED IN MY FLAMES.

I AM KALOK, KA RHUG ARE MY CHOSEN, ALL OTHERS ARE EITHER THEIR SERVANTS OR SIMPLE HERETICS TO FEED UNTO ME."

A cry of fear and disbelief rose up within the city.

A single Brezan grabbed his stone axe and charged the descended being.
He struck with pride only to find his axe melt to magma and his hand scorched black.
he fell clutching his hand.

Kalok roared before consuming the Olgog in hellfire.

[Combat against the Avatar of Kalok may not begin until week 24 MISSION. ]

An immediate emergency Council Meeting of the UtR has been called in Simonsburg.