Deal-making with Gang of Uf Mag'og (week 16)

Ferrou, the copper-haired K’iou, approached the headquarters of the Gang of Uf Mag’og. The K’iou had business to take care of, and since Derlur wasn’t here, she was going to take care of it.

Upon approaching, she looked at the Ur Rhug who stood guard, “I’d like to speak to the Great and mighty Goblin King Urog about the ‘feral’ problem.”

The Ur Rhug approached the drinking room of Urog. He was carousing with Ya’na, Gulog, Rhug’ab, Jhonhi, and Vektor, trying to take the edge off of his nerves with the current state of affairs in Simonsburg and Brez. The urya was being passed, and everyone was feeling good. The Ur Rhug stood tall and said, “‘Might-e leader, a K’iou is herr to see ya. He’z one of Derlur’s friends. Somethin’ 'bout the feral problem.”

Urog rolled his eyes. “Is Derlur out there too?”

The Ur Rhug shook his head. Urog smiled, and kicked Vektor’s chair towards the door as he took a puff of the urya. “It’s bad enough dealing with Derlur. I’m not wasting my time dealing with his friends or minions.” The group chuckled, grinning at Vektor, suddenly happy they were not second-in-command.

Vektor smirked, knowing full well Urog not-so-subtly sent him to deal with the “problem.” Vektor got up, snatched the urya from Urog’s hand with mock aggression, took a long, deep puff. He then gave it back, with mock deference, to Urog before walking out the door. Everyone broke out into laughter as Vektor calmed himself as he made his way to the K’iou waiting for him.

Vektor stood tall and looked down at the K’iou. He didn’t mean to intimidate the small K’iou, but he did enjoy being so much taller than his “guest.”

“I’m Vektor. You may speak with me regarding this problem. What’s on your mind?”

Ferrou smiled when she saw Vektor, Urog’s consigliare. Figures, she thought to herself. I’m not Derlur, so I don’t get to talk to Urog. Fine by me, she thought.

“You got a feral problem. Well, that’s not true. Everyone does. Your real problem are your enemies, who can use ferals against you. I want to help you with that problem. For a favor of course. So what we want to do is infiltrate the feral groups… start rumors about how your enemies hurt ferals. We will then hunt ferals in enemy territory, to justify the rumors. You all can then negotiate, because we all know how much you love to do that, with the ferals and keep them in line or on your side. Whatever you want to do. If it sounds good, then I’ll ask for the favor and we can decide if we’ve come to terms.”

Vektor hated making deals without knowing what was on the other end of the trade. Brez’s power structure, however, was tenuous at best and he knew fighting would break out sooner rather than later. He wanted to see his enemies, not worry about ferals coming out from nowhere. Besides, unless he consented, he would never know what’s in the other hand.

“You understand our situation. I’m not going to ask, yet, how you intend on executing such a plan, but I will take it on face value that you can achieve these goals. If you can, and you can put us in a position to build better relations with the ferals of the desert, then we would be amenable to hearing what you ask for in return. But I will not make any promises until I am certain you can achieve at least some of what you promise.” Vektor breathed in, for effect. “What do you ask for in return?”

Vektor was a shrewd negotiator. Time to seal the deal…

“There is a tenuous ally of yours in Simonsburg. Goes by Krodnock, had a big church, statue, the whole thing. Rumor has it that he wants the layout of the Falling Star HomeForge. Being K’iou and him being, well, Dead, I’d rather that not happen. So I need your help. Our little band is going to accept his offer to map the HomeForge. I need three or four accomplices to make their way south with me. And then we’re going to draw incorrect maps. I’ll then hand them to the church, and let the K’iou do what they want to whoever chooses to follow the maps. I’ll want one of yours, then a few of your friends on the Council can provide the rest. It’ll be good diplomacy with the K’iou. Best part is, only you an’ me have to know what’s really goin’ on. For everyone else it’ll be a diplomatic mission to the HomeForge. I’ll arrange everything with the K’iou, all you have to do is provide the bodies.”

Vektor looked at the K’iou, wondering what the hitch was. “Let me get this straight,” he said, raising one eyebrow, “We call on our allies, take a journey to the Falling Star Home Forge. In return, you help us with our feral problem?” As he waited for Ferrou’s response, he pondered the ramifications. She can’t enact her plan without us, but is it really worth the hassle to them to do it? It must be a big deal if they’re willing to go out of their way to do this. Should I push harder, to see if I can get a better deal?

But then it occurred to Vektor, they’re technically Great Northern Army. In some ways, he’s obligated to help… but no need to mention it.

Without waiting for a response, Vektor responded, “You drive a hard bargain, Ferrou, but we’ve got a deal. We’ll make the call, have them meet you in a location of your choosing. In the meantime, what do you have in mind for the ferals?”

Vektor sat back. He heard the reports from Urog about the EEF, the reports about the ferals, and the goings on in the K’iou homeforge. He had a bone to pick with the Nomads, first.

Vektor looked at the K’iou who called herself Ferrou.

“Ok, so let me get this straight, you left our gang member, stuck in the middle of a riot, and came back. You never called for a pick-up. And now you want us to go down and clean up the mess that you said wouldn’t be problem to begin with?” Vektor took a massive drag from his urya to keep calm and not rip the K’iou apart.

“Now I have to clean up that mess. Fine. I will, but now you owe me. Same thing that you did with the ferals so effectively, I need your nomads to weed out this Mag Der’al that might be roaming around Brez. Give any information directly to me, and I won’t look unkindly upon the fact that you left my gangmember to die in a pit hole.” Vektor took another deep puff, keeping his temper locked down.

Ferrou held her tongue. Vektor had the right to be annoyed, but she didn’t like the tone. She was conflicted in her next step. She needed to save Kokiyo, and she felt responsible for Dreggs. Vektor gave her an out, and she was happy to take it. Besides, she was ready to make a deal with the Earthers anyway.

“Just remember, I lost a friend trying to help you. I will do your dirty work again, but I expect your help in getting my friend back. We’re Great Northern Army now, so we have to help. Since it sounds like you’re not too happy with the Mag Der’al, we’ll help you weed them out. But don’t be upset if it starts another mass killing. This time, it’s your idea.”

She left before words could get any more heated between them. Next time, Thrush would have to do the talking…

Thrush speaks to Gangs, “I have 3 folk on the ground in Simonsburg. Heads up, Olgog the Olgog is there too. We’ll be helping. But I’ll say this. Have 50 of your Ur Rhug meditate with me, and then unleash tor’or when the time comes. It will help defeat the false god. I know it sounds weird and hokey, but it’ll work. If you can get the Earthers to pray for protection, I’ll also help them too. This faith stuff works!”

Kolog, the female Brezan elder stands tall in front of the tiny Bastard. She says, “Thanx fer tha info. I let Urog knoww.”

Shirley sends Hikiti with a message to Derlur. The spoken message is: “Derlur, we have infiltrators at the museum. They want to steal a Djinni artifact in the museum. Please assist Tusk with the defense. We will be using artifacts to see in the dark, there will be no light. All artifacts will be hidden. Do not let thieves steal anything. Reward can be granted if you want it. Also, there is no known Djinni artifact, which is the mystery.”

Derlur noded at Hikiti. “We will help.”