Dark Refuge Post 2220 Mission 3: Politics as usual or a Gang War in Ithamar

The City of Ithamar is split between Undead Citizens, and living Uthvelor and Pelebor. It is a unique demographic to say the least, and a test of a candidates ability to speak to a wide audience.

Maud the Blade is a local gang leader, and a member of the Scarabs syndicate in Ithamar. She is an uthvelor and sees a perfect opportunity to strike out and kill Yildor Roren during the Speeches.

The organizer of the event was the Lucky Fate Squad, and their candidate Daron was getting his face on posters and other promotional items at the event, and would get first spot in speeches. The crowd would consist of 99s gangsters, Scarabs Gangsters, Ithamar locals (Undead and Uthvelor and Pelebor), and Press from across the colonies.

Maud the Blade has not been quiet about the threat either, and as a result the city has been flooded with 99s gangsters working the city in defense of Yildor Roren. Due to the high numbers of Annihilation artifacts in the city, the EEF has asked all the candidates to refrain from visiting the city, but Daron and Yildor’s lead means that anyone who doesn’t speak will be considered a coward.

There are three Potential missions here IN ITHAMAR

Mission Aspect 1: Stop the Gang War

Send a character in to drive out Maud the Blade’s Gangsters at the moment of the planned attack. There will be two different operations doing this (one DRRT, one Boriel)

Mission Aspect 2: Protect the Candidate

Send a character in to keep the peace. Protect all candidates equally to guarantee the fairness of the election process. There will be two different operations doing this (one DRRT, and one Hobtla Mag’ol)

Mission Aspect 3: The Speeches

Candidates should give their speeches, and their campaign allies should set up defenses and protection during those speeches.

[Bold] Mission Rules [/Bold]

A player may act in response to the actions posted by another player in this thread, IF they have previously discussed a plan for this mission in a separate thread they choose to create in the forums.

A post should be under two paragraphs in length.

THIS MISSION IS OPEN TO ALL PLAYER ACCOUNTS. Anyone may choose to post to this mission with any number of accounts they may control. However EACH ACCOUNT can only send 1 Character to this mission. Choose your character carefully.

This mission ends on Friday April 21st at 12 Midnight EST.

The First player to post gains 1st initiative, Second player to post gains 2nd, and third player to post gets 3rd initiative. Remaining player actions with be narrated in order decided by the narrator.

Those Allied with the I’tashis

Those allied with the EEF.

Those allied with the Hobtla Mag’ol.

When it was Captain Oliver’s turn, after Candidate Daron, the former KGM officer would step up proudly. Waving to the crowd he would fly an EEF Flag before reverently placing it in a stand.

Then Captain Oliver would say, "Good Evening, people of Ithamar. You know, you have to trust the people of a Colony like Ithamar. They live all day, every day under constant threat of annihilation. A threat of annihilation every day all day. In fact some of you folks are living an undead life because of those very annihilation mines throughout this beautiful city.

I have no fear standing here in Ithamar. You see Ithamar represents the very existential threat every colony faces. Whether its the Northern Kingdoms and their technomancy, or the Kasanthians and their nightmare slaves. If its Doomwyrms, or Sea Kings, or the Iron Republic invading from above. They all represent the daily fear and threat that you all experience EVERY SINGLE DAY.

The rest of the Colonies needs to learn from Ithamar. We all need to hone our resilience. It is hard work to do right, and harder work to do well.

The Other Candidates are simply not ready to face that danger.

Some like Jeremiah Strykker and Arnold Grimaldus can make hard decisions, yes, but their past decisions have always been over kill. They will nuke those who would be our allies. And they will alienate our friends. Why do you think it is even after WE COLONISTS spilled our blood to liberate the I’tashis they still do not trust us? Why do you think it is the Southern Lands are still in conflict?

Some like Candidate Wengyr and Candidate Yildor are zealots hidden in plain site. They will sell out those among you they disagree with. They will purge you. They will kill your children if they disagree with these candidates. Do NOT trust them.

Then there are others like Candidate Daron. What can I say about Candidate Daron, except he is not a colonist and never has been. He never lived in the colonies for a long period. He is a tourist, who sees the Colony as a bauble to be taken. Don’t let an unknown person like him divert this prestigious role of Colony General into the hands of someone who…is…not…a…colonist.

There will be others who say they should be Colony General. BUT I SAY NO. And you should too.

Vote for the only Colony General who will support the rights of All walks of life, All Philosophies. I will even go a step further and say that if I am voted Colony General I will support the full rights of any sentient being in the Provisional Colonies to be recognized as a citizen. While the current colonies may continue to rule themselves as they see fit. I will ask that any Provisional Colony that is recognized as a full colony can even give citizenship to citizens who may lack lifeforce but still have sentience like many of the undead here in Ithamar.

Imagine a day when you could move down to sunny Zh’Ka’al or the United Tribal Lands and have the full rights of a citizen! That is my promise to you people of Ithamar.

And my promise to the colonies is even greater. I will offer up a Clone to every colonist. Yes you heard me right. If you die when I am colony general, I will personally pay to have a clone of you done up for your family so that they need never suffer.

The promise that no one in the colonies Immutable OR Leyas User ever need fear death again!"

Goal: Stop the Gang war and Attacks on Speakers
When Remmie had met Lurtor at Jemison Post, he was there because the warmonger’s host was heading there. He was going to help destroy the Warmonger and his host. He assisted in the defense of Jemison Post, but never made it to where the warmonger was annihilated. Grim, Lurtor and the Old Colony general did what others could not before and earned his respect. Now after many events, he found himself assisting Lurtor. At least this was hopefully protecting others. But man did he hate having to deal with politics so much, even if it was just listening to politicians speak.

To start, Remmie traveled to Ithamar as early as he could. Using Gavin and Boriel’s connections.

His first task was to identify the shadows that would be opportune spaces to launch attacks from or direct attacks from.

His second task was to gain information on who is who. At first, he Mimicked forms similar to those children in Ithamar. As he watched and listened using his enhanced senses, his goal was to find those who report to those who report to the bosses. Names, report to chains. Messenger forms. He would pick one of these guys who report to someone important from each side to learn about in more detail.

Since the Uth would be able to determine if someone reported their plans to the authorities, Remmie would keep this information to himself until the last possible moment.

At the speeches:
Hopefully knowing who to mimic, Remmie, using his messenger kid form, he would run up quick to one of these lower level guys that reports higher and say “They know, the authorities know their plans and are setting a trap. They other gang ratted us out. Our enemies want us to try to attack a speaker and have their security crush us. And if we succeed, they want that guy dead too. They win either way if we go through with it. I’ve got to warn the others. No time no time.” Then he will run off into the crowd, shadow jumping away once in the mix and switching forms where noone can see.

At the same time, Remmie will arrange for someone to deliver a note security outlining a plan with a warning that they may change. But look out for someone from each gang.

Repeat this with the other gang making moves.

THe idea is when the Uth learn their plan has been found out, they will know that to be true and then expect the reported trap.

If the still go through with it:
If someone is about to attack the speakers, Remmie since he’s obscured, will duck away out of sight and using Light leyas, Light Aura the attacker so he sticks out in the crowd. Maybe even stop the attack because they are so obvious.

In a Fight:
If forced to fight, Remmie would retreive his weapon and take the form of an Armored Uth using his ear ring.

Notes:
The halberd and Armor will be stored at Boriel’s rental for him to get if the worse happens.

Remmie:
Remmie (K’ias Redeemer) LR:3 (Adept), HP:18, Init: 2D6+Agility

Stats (Str:5 (11), Agility:5, Will:4, Health:6, Int:4, Chr:4, Emotional Control:3, Temper:2)

Attacks (Melee:3, Ranged:1, Thrown:2, Leyas:1)

Special Abilities: (Regen:14 hps /rd, K’ias (Takes x2 dmg from Zela, Zela Attacks count as No AR. Mimic at will (6 Successes) Melee Strike +2, Rapid Throw +1, Light Merc Plate AR (6 Melee / 4 Missle / 5 Energy / 3 Chill ), Adept (+1 to Leyas Tests, +2 Leyas Skills Checks), Catlike reflexes, See in Dark, Immune to Poison Attacks);

Skills (, HtH:5, LCM:6, LCR:6, Polearms:5, Fast Talk:4, Planar Lore:4, Artifact Lore:4, Monster Lore:6, Profession(Spy):4, Stealth:3)

Leyas (LR:3 (Adept), Light:1, Shadow:1, Healing:1, ShapeShifting:2)

Equipment
Redeemer Amulet - Ignore Poison, Catlike Reflexes, Spirit Scope, and Animal Sight (3 Succ)
Kias Executioner’s Halberd (15 Melee dmg (+8) or 15 Missle dmg. Attached by Chains. Zela Metal (shieldbreaks, x2 Dmg to K’ias, etc). Special Grips that will not effect users LEyas.
Triad Earring Stud - Remmie - +6 Str, 12 Ar vs M/M/E; Regen 14 hps/rd; Wings, Shadow Jump (2 Succ), Obscure (4 Succ), Grow Armor, Monstrous Strength (6 Succ), Regeneration (7 Succ)

Ring of Warm Aura (2 Succ)

The plan was to travel to Ithamar via Buchend. And after Ithamar to go to the other nearby towns. Daron would depend on the Lucky Fate Squad for his added security.

Buchend
Dressed in his stretchy loosing fitting cloths and black Trench coat with his death stone axe on his back and his cannon on his side Both attached to belts incase he shifted… Walks to his place in front of the Crowd.

Daron says to them “Thank you for coming. I am here to STAND with you, STAND with Refuge. I’m hear to listen to what is needed. Find out what is needed. Learn about those I can meet.

I’ve heard there is a Dance Hall here, and I hope I get to see it. But first.

I use the word stand because it means something. And the first part is what brings me here today because of what I heard. The S stands for security. Security is the key to everything, raising a family, building a business, trade. And we need a better way that these issues up to those who can help. Too often too much is lost before help arrives. We need a way where anyone can report a concern across the colonies so either the EEF or the colony itself can rectify the issue. We need to bring help to those in need quickly and efficiently.

I’m told there is an issue with Hydra attacks? I would be interested to see and check out things while I’m here on my way to Ithamar. Hopefully I will be able to bring more light to this issue and maybe help out myself while I’m here.”

From there Daron will talk with people and take a tour of the Dance hall and see then ask to get more information on the Hydras. Daron will listen to other concerns as well.

Hydras - If there is a group going out or a hydra attack, Daron will offer to help. Daron will use his Strength, axe, and Fire breath (fireball) to take out any attacking hydras. But what he’s really after is the scope of the numbers of the Hyrdas and if there was a way to separate the route and the hydras. See if the attacks could be lessoned by changes in the land. With Permission, he could create some stone columns to block off the hydras if it didn’t interfere with the trade.

Ithamar Speech
Daron says to them “Thank you for coming. I am here to STAND with you, STAND with Refuge. I’ve spent a long time figuring out what I STAND for. What can I do as Colony General and why should everyone vote for me.

STAND - Security, Trade, Access, Nation, and Determination. STAND. Let me explain my plan.

Security is the key to everything, raising a family, building a business, trade. And we need a better way that these issues up to those who can help. Too often too much is lost before help arrives. We need a way where anyone can report a concern across the colonies so either the EEF or the colony itself can rectify the need as quickly as possible. We need to bring help to those in need quickly and efficiently. This should be throughout the colonies so everyone knows how to get help. This is a huge goal, but it is achievable.

Trade. Trade is how we make our livings. Whether we trade in goods or skills. We need to expand and make it easier to trade across the colonies. Bring in the Provincial Colonies as full colonies. This will bring in more trade and give more areas for you to trade with.

Access. Access can be security, education, or location. If someone corrupt is crushing a small town, everyone should have access to report this. Education. If there was a way to save a farmer’s crops, those farmers and those who buy the farms food would all benefit. The farmer would have more crops and with more supply food maybe a bit cheaper overall. A win for both. And Access to Trade and travel. Race should not matter for you to have security and opportunities.

Nation. Do not discount this too quickly. Refuge is a place of where if enough believe in something and focus their desire for something, it can happen. We of the Colonies already share a military that protects us. We already work together in many cases for a common purpose. Colonies can still keep individuality. Though by realizing we work together and continue to work together for the common good, we could do much more to help each other.
We are all in this together.

Each of these, Security, Trade, Access, Nation will make us Safer and more prosperous. But there is one more thing we need.

Determination. Determination to see this through. Determination to get change for the better. I will continue to work for the improvements I talk about. Determination will be needed to get those afraid of another to work together. To get change, you will need to try and try and try again. If this was easy it would be done now. I won’t give up until on trying to help those I’m asking to serve and protect.

I ask for you to stand with me even as those who are afraid or seek their own power try to undermine or skew our message.

STAND with me and I’ll STAND with you. Whether an Earther, Olgog, Uth, Bastard, or any of the Children of the Falosini, we should all STAND together. STAND for the Colonies and STAND for Refuge.

Thank you.

In case of Violence:
Daron has his knockout cannon if absolutely needed.

Daron
Daron (Borvian Dragon / Olgog) LR:5 (Adept), HP:15, Init: 2D6+Agility

Stats (Str:6 (12), Agility:6, Will:5, Health:5, Int:3, Chr:3, Emotional Control:2, Temper:3)

Attacks (Melee:1 (2), Ranged:3, Thrown:1, Leyas:1)

Special Abilities: (Regen:None, Ranged Shot +2, Leyas Sight (6 Succ), Fly at Move 18, Adept (+1 to Leyas Tests, +2 Leyas Skills Checks), TimeShredded, Borvian Dragon Crystal (Grow Armor (6 Succ)+12 AR to MME, Increase Str (12 Suc)+6 Str, Animal Smell/Hearing (4 Succ), Grow Wings (4 Succ), Leyas Sight (4 Suc), Fireball II (4 Suc) 2D6 x3 Energy Dmg, Acid Cone (4 Suc) 1D8+2 Acid Cone);

Skills (, HtH:5, LCM:5 (7), LCR:5 (7), Thrown Weapon:5, Military Tatics:6, Religion:2, Herbalism:5, Leyas Mapping:0 (2), Leyas Recognition:6 (8), Leyas Theory:0 (2), Monster Lore:6, Etiquette:6, Profession(Spy):5, Tracking/Hunting:6, Prof (I.R. Temporal Assassin):2)

Leyas (LR:5 (Adept), Earth:4, Water:1, Light:1, Shadow:2, General:2, Healing:3, ShapeShifting:3)

Hob Tor’or Death Stone Axe, 2d6 Melee dmg +5 (no A.R.) Vampiric dmg,+5 Chill dmg, Bludgeon, Knockback. Counts as a Shadow Leyas artifact, Razor Claw Gauntlets - 4 Melee Dmg, +1 Melee Attack, shock stick - 1d4+5 Melee Dmg + 1d8+1 No Pain Dmg +2 Str

Ear Ring - Life Shield/Obscure/ignore poison (3 succ), Ear Ring - Heal Internal - 8 hps (2 Succ), Warm aura necklace, Everlasting Waterskin, 4 Rez Potions, 4 Healing Potions, Nightmare Hide Trenchcoat (artificed with Wilderness Camo)

Riot Cannon - (From War and Pestilence) this artificed weapon will fire off a canister that spreads a gas that does 15 Pain dmg, gas attack. Knocks out a group of targets and make it hard for them to remember what happened in the preceeding minute… It has unlimited ammo and only be fired once each combat round by Daron. If anyone other than Daron picks it up, and tries to target Daron in its blast this weapon will instead vent its grenade at point blank range at its user. It is an auto hit on the user and can only be dodged on a natural 10.

After traveling with the DRRT team to Ithamar, Tatters would position themself near the checkin for the event, taking their Johnny D form. They would watch for any necrotech or bio augments. any that they spot will be pointed out to the people running the checkpoint. He will not get directly involved unless the person gets violent or attacks. all attempts will be to subdue with out use of deadly force. Tatters really wants to impress Moose so that their dont get sent back Jemison Post.

Any other orders that Moose sends down with be followed as best as possible. Tatters will only take direct orders from Moose at this time, but will listen to suggestions from other DRRT teammembers. He will also attempt to subdue anyone attacking other DRRT members or any of the candidates.

— ooc—

Tatters
Insane Failed Clone Experiment (nightmare powerarmor)

LR 6 adept
Shadow 6 summoning 6 general 2 earth 6 fire 6 air 6 light 6 water 6 healing 6 shapeshift 6
Skills: leyas theory 5, monster lore 5 necrotech 8 burglary 4 leyas recognition 4 science 5 nightmare skinning 8 profession spy 4 torture 8 intimidation 4
combat: hth 8 edged 8 polearms 6 LCR 8 LCM 8
Special Trainings: +3 melee, tough as nails, Bonded armor, +2 ranged
Gear: WarScythe of the necromancer, experimental nightmare powerarmor(actually aware and source of several personalities) Shadow cocoons, death’s head magicannon. Lamprey bioship, nightmare lord magicannon, Mancer’s Bracer

Song: The Tiny - Closer

Buffy walks into Maud the Blade’s place. She’ll stated who she is and give 'em a photo of her at a party throwing up on Lord Andriani XVI in Ithamar. Before the guards refuse entry, have the bright idea to kill or capture her she’ll say this: “Look there’s an EEF and probable a bunch other numb-nuts that are going to raid you. Stop you, whatever. Got little artifact in my mouth that I can activate that will blow my head up, totally for real, so I can get rezed someplace else. Take to me to Maud so I can work something out for you, like, please. Thank you.” (Etiquette 4, Fast Talk 4, Cha 6)

The artifact stated abilities are a lie. It’s a vanity item that keeps her breath fresh (Shapeshift lvl 1).

“Hello Maud, going to keep this quick. I’m Buffy McGraw-Strykker. Yes, that crazy one. Everyone knows you’re coming with your gang. Counter suggestion: Work with me,” Buffy will spit out quickly.

She’ll wait for Maud the Blade response and listen politely.

Finishing up Buffy will bring out a photo album and open it. “This is my honeymoon photos. Totally a special time. This my man Eli. Isn’t he a looker? This my suite where a bunch 99ers came to cause problems. Lot’s of bodies. Problems. Like the time they help sell me into slavery. Not cool. Like the time he, he ruin my f’en prom. Just so you know, Maud, I call first dibs Yildor Roren’s balls.” (Intimidation 6, Cha 6, Temper 1, E.C. 3)

“I don’t want him to be the next Colony General. Death is too good for him. I do want him to suffer for a long time as a powerless, broken husk of a being. This would be justice. I want to crush Yildor Roren and it’s better when share something like this with others.”

“If you like, feel like it.”

W hid in the shadows, invisible to all but the best adepts. He watched himself speak. It was weird. It was even weirder to see himself speak in the third person, using his full name. He knew where his other form was, also hiding, invisible. This way, he could act as his own protection. Plus, they each had Biff’s form to rely upon, which might be helpful if things didn’t turn out well. W realized he was about to miss his own speech.

"Hello, people of Ithamar. My name is Wengyr - and I’m running for Colony General. And I’m here to tell you that I’m here to put the Colonies First. For too many years, the EEF government has spent too much time and effort doing things like saving the universe, defeating War-Monger, saving the ferals down to the south, and even expanding our borders to the south. I mean, how many times did the former Field Marshall Strykker save the universe? For what?? All the while, crime lords such as Yildor Roren have had free reign to bully the common man.

Do you know his crime syndicate, the 99s, once tried to poison every water source in the Colonies? I know that he himself wasn’t responsible for such a thing, but how can you expect a man to lead one of the greatest forces in the universe if he can’t even prevent his own people from poisoning others. I mean, have you seen his goons?? They’re all drug addicts. Is that what you want to be? A drug addict against your own will?

Colonies First. I will stamp out corruption that plagues the lives of colonists.
Colonies First. I will ensure the safety of you all, not to be impeded by outside forces.
Colonies First. I will ensure our ongoing trade relations continue to favor colonial goods and industry.
Colonies First. I will make life safer for each and every one of you.

And I don’t need to make empty promises about invading foreign territories or kicking out aliens. Because unlike many of my opponents, I’ve been on the front lines of our colonies’ protection. I’ve worked with every general in the Colonial Army. I know what it takes, first-hand. And I know how to make the decisions that would make most others weep.

And I’m proud to announce that I am not alone in my desires to keep you all safe. If I become Colony General, I am happy to announce that not only will I serve you, but I have an old, battle-hardened veteran ready to take the reigns as Field Marshall - General Vulfrym of the Lions of Earth. Together, we will make the Colonies First. Together, we won’t need a bunch of ragtag wannabes like the 99s to keep you safe!"

W smiled widely as he raised his arms upward, hoping to get the anti-99 sentiment going. He wanted Yildor nervous. And to be booed. Alot.

Song: Ben E. King’s Stand By Me

Since Daron goes first in speaking, Hekeriki will have Fonzie and the Immutables sing Ben E. King’s Stand By Me before his speech. Who are these guys? Some talented locals who can sing, that’s who! Might have their own name for all I know. Hekeriki takes the time scout out singers before this starts (Profession (Campaign Manger 3)). Would bring Ani G and Sirens (Toriel, Fundisha and Heart Attack) into this but they are The Lucky Fate Squad Members™ and they’re busy recruiting supports away from this event. Local talent makes more sense anyhow. Plus she’ll give a copy of their songs and the speech video tape, with a way to play it (all the candidates speeches because Daron is the best - plus it’s the right thing to do) to Lord Andriani the 16(ish?). He’s the gloomy guy who runs things, she thinks. Might cheer him up a bit.

She be in a white business dress with black sunglasses, pink backpack (Rocket Armor) and operate the video camera (E.C. 2) remotely, again. She’ll arrange to have Fonzie and the Immutables hum softly Stand By Me during the speech then stop afterwords. The rest of the candidates can bring their own singers. She’ll stay by Daron side and have his flank by a summoned white ridding unicorn (Leyas Rating 3, Adept, Summon 3) in a business suit with black sunglasses. Again. If trouble shows up psychically attacking, she’ll summon a white combat unicorn. She’ll use her smarts, some throwing knives (attack 1, Thrown(small) 3, Agi 3), and her luck (Xaos). This time though if it really goes south, she’ll jump away with Daron with that Rocket Armor to a better position, and finish things.

Jeremaih will go to Ithamar and deliver the following speech. He will be armed with his pistols in concealed holsters. He will be using mixed armor piercing and plasma rounds. He will act in his own defense or in defense of any other speaker. He will only engage if any attackers get passed security. When it is his turn to speak he will sat the following.

“I know many citizens of this city may be asking themselves what possible impact could this election have on them. Hasn’t this city been forgotten by the rest of Refuge for decades? Does anyone outside it’s walls really even care what happened in side? No. They don’t. It has been left, ignored. Home only to those who think they couldn’t have another home. Well for a time that may have been ture. But the world isn’t what it once was.
The people of Refuge paid a high price for a victory against beings who are enemies to us all. Now for the first time, perhaps ever here is a chance for everything to change. None of the old truths need to hold any more. Our old grudges no longer need to define us.

I won’t say that from now on everything will be easy for everyone. I can’t promise that. I’ll leave grand promises to some of our other speakers today. What I can say is that if I am elected Colony General I will work tirelessly to see that as many individuals as possible have the chance to reap the benefits and opportunities from this time of change.

I will work with each Colony and Provisional Colony willing to work with me too see conditions for the historically outcast are improved. Instead of lives only at the margins I will do all that I can to help them find a life in society if they wish it and are willing to work for it. If you ask me anyone willing to life and work and follow society’s laws and customs to the best of their ability deserves a chance to do just that. I know many feel that certain groups or people are outcast for good reason. They are dangerous, degenerate. Well I say that it is not acceptable to judge that way. That is the thinking that separates and weakens us. That is the thinking that only brings more pain and division and reason for hatred.

Instead let a persons actions define them and their place in society. That is why during my time as Field Marshal the EEF established the Fallen Legion. People mostly Uth and Pelabor but later others. Willing to join the EEF and fight for a better life for themselves and for the Colonies. And they did fight as bravely as any of my other soldiers. And they saw promotion and recognition for thier bravey and dedication. And they got the benefits of service as well. That is what I want to work toward for everyone in the Colonies. A world where as many people as possible get every chance they can. To do want they can to make a better existence for themselves and the Colonies. I hope you will see fit to help me bring that about.”

After getting Remmie and any other personnel summgled into the city. he would mingle in the crowd keeping away from any uniformed personnel. Looking for anyone carrying any sort of leyas based weaponry, he would ‘accidently’ bump into to them to atempt to neurtalize their gear. He would pay particlular attention to anyone that Remmie points out to him.

He has no real plan other than to look for danger. As this is a common thought and plan for anyone attending a large gatrhering, his thoughts should not stand out. He will wait till shit goes down to make any decisions on what else to do. Otherwise, he keeps his plans about the best escape routes and boltholes to thte front of his mind.

— ooc —

Gavin
Bastard Leyas Devourer
LR 4 (burnout) earth 3 Shadow 3 air 2
stats: STR 4(8) AGI 5 WILL 5 HEA 4 INT 4 CHA 3
HP 12 EC 1 TEMPER 4
Skills: tracking/hunting 4, artifact lore 6, prof(surgeon) 4,set traps 4, survival 4
Trainings: melee +1, Thrown +1, Leyas Devourer
weapons: cruel barbed spear, javalin x4, Shock Stick

Tactics: will absorb abilities of shock stick and use them while reaching thru crowd to take out possible threats. Will attack from shadows and drain enemy artifacts when possible. tries not to draw too much attention if possible.

King Blood’og III would be keeping an eye out for 99s and other threats. He wanted to crush some skulls and break some heads. But he would hide in the front row, and be ready to tackle anyone trying to get at the Candidates. Blood’og III would let anyone by who wants to kill the following candidates: Lord Grimaldus or Yildor Roren. The others he would protect.

He would hide his hobtor axes until somebody pulled real weapons. Fists and metal rings would do for now. Most people would get a broken nose, but 99s would get a broken neck.

JeanLuc Gravios would not go to Ithamar on his own, but he’d tell the Queen that he’d send an associate instead, one who would help the cause. What the Queen didn’t know was that it was one of his cousins. Similar to him, but one that dabbled in the dark arts, so to speak.

Her name was Fantas Mah. And her job was to protect the candidates…and make Yilder Roren look bad.

Protecting the candidates - Levitate anyone who bum rushes the stage away from the stage. Otherwise, shoot them down using her hidden crossbow. But that was only her secondary mission.

Primary - starting a gang war and blaming it on the 99s.
Part 1, increase tensions:

1. Every time a non-earther takes the stage, levitate some form of rotten fruit towards the candidate that originates from the general direction of a 99er. Start a heckle that comes from that direction as well. Liberal use of shadowwalk (artifact) and hide in shadows (shadow 4) to make it so
  2. Use Shadowalk and hide in shadows to make it seem as if 99ers are heckling locals, particularly non-Earther ones. Painting a picture - a group of 99s are walking around, just past a group of locals. From the general vicinity of the 99ers, locals hear an “alien scum should die” comment (said loudly). Fantas would have moved so quickly that nobody would be any wiser that it wasn’t a 99er. Or even if it wasn’t, nobody would believe otherwise.

#2 would start well before the candidates arrived. #1 would begin with Daron.

Part 2, blame the 99s for instigating an attack:
Two options

1. start pulling a 99er’s bat away from them slowly- as the 99er holds on and tries to prevent the bat from hurling backwards - give a little as to allow the 99er to “win”, and then hurl the bat (using levitation) in the opposite direction…towards a scarab if possible, towards a non-Earther candidate is even better

-or-

1. as a Scarab approaches a group of 99ers, levitate a 99er into the Scarab (bat first), making it look as if the 99er is purposely attacking the Scarabs without provocation

I prefer option 1, option 2 is better. Or Option 1 for Daron, then before Yildor can take the stage, do #2.

Ryuk

Ryuk has unfinished business with the 99 gang, He was somewhat put out that they used his apprentice and children as literal bombs. His plan was to infiltrate the area as a shadow, and prevent any harm from coming to Yildor Roren by utilizing his extensive leyas skills. (shadow 6, fire 6, water 3, earth 2, general 2). He will have standard equipment with him, so deaths head magi cannon and a magi cannon (3d8 dmg) with fire lancet 2 successes and instill nightmare 4 successes.

His efforts are to have a nice (according to ryuk so probably at the end of gun point for ryuk and rohen) about the kids and lucia being used as bombs and other issues they have with each other.

OOC note: still haven’t found my character sheet after 2 year old ran off with it (leyas, skills, and stats I remember, gear I don’t).

Urog didn’t like what he heard from Gant. Urog didn’t have the stomach for politics, much less for Earther politics. On Gant’s advise, he sent a censor craft with a small crew to the outskirts of Ithamar. He made sure to tell General Map’le first (via comm crystal that they shared) that he was doing so, advising that he would stay clear of the city and only send a small group to the speeches. If she disagreed at all, then he’d not send anyone at all, and instead ask for a way to hear the speeches.

The censorcraft would hold a compliment of 40 raiders, led by the Goblin King Rubbah. Goblin King Rubbah would enter the city with just 5 raiders as an escort. (ooc - if fighting happens, just assume they’re not there and protect each other…here only for flavor and because Urog wouldn’t actually send Rubbah alone). None would be wearing Uf Mag’og colors, but instead would appear as standard UTD tribals. They’d make their way directly to the speeches, listen, and then leave. They have no desire to engage in battle, but would protect Strykker and Oliver as matters of courtesy. They try to avoid Blood’og, because they have no desire to have a gang war so far from home (Urog’s orders).

Raiders - standard except +1 health, +1 LR, carrying hob’tor weapons

Rubbah - standard goblin king (NPC) except +1 health, LR 6, and also has Earth 5 and shadow 3. Carrying hob’tor axe, artifact of summon hydra and artifact of summon chimera (both as escape options), ratskull necklace of uf mag’og (Speak with Animals & Speak with Plants, Translate, Read and Change voice (3)), comm crystal (for Urog to listen in and call in back-up to leave). If needed, use high level earth such as stone pillar to prevent attacks, shape stone to maneuver around town while trying to escape, and if needed, acid attacks.

Yohai’s actions

1. Using instant recall (Killian), determine who, if anyone, wants to attack Strykker - as a courtesy to Zaodonai Uth
  2. Using instant recall (Sirrah), determine how Maud the Blade intends on attacking Yildor - if it’s heinous and would kill lots of innocents, then stop it
  3. Reach out to Zaodonai Uth using Fallen Commander and see if she has any particular orders regarding this event - if either action 1 or action 2 yields anything Yohai feels she should know, he’d share it with her (and let her take to it EEF command).

Order of responsive actions:

1. Zaodonai Uth’s commands get listened to first.
  2. He interferes if Strykker is in danger (unless Celyse expressly forbids it)
  3. He gives, via Fallen Commander, a sternly worded warning to Maud’s regarding any plans to kill bystanders without prejudice and arrange for a meeting to “talk things out.” (unless Celyse expressly forbids it)

For above: other than to avoid getting hit with annihilation, not much of a plan is required (at least Yohai believes so). If that doesn’t work, show up somewhere safe based on his visions of Ithamar using his sword, and then make his way to where he needs to be. If his standard travel doesn’t work, then via wrym (special mount with nightmare banding). Let’s not make things worse by showing up with a Kias army or a floating castle in the sky.

OOC - as usual, feel free to make Yohai deus ex machina. His primary goal is to know what’s going on versus taking any particular set of actions.

(Very Sorry about the late post, after getting back from temple it completely slipped my mind that tonight was the deadline)

Lord Grimaldus approached the podium, he hated speaking in public, so much so that he didn’t even listen to the other candidates making their own speeches. This was an unfortunate part of his choice to run and it had to be done.

"People of Ithamar, lets be honest, no one here truly cares about you. Would any of us even step foot in this rotting city if it wasn’t for the fact that you are allowed to vote for Colonial General? I am not going to give out a fancy speech to you saying that I understand your plights and wish to help you, that would be a lie. No candidate here truly wishes anything to do with you, and to be honest isn’t’ that what you want? Here is my promise to you, if I become Colony General I will take a hands off approach. If you need something from me, make your case and if it makes sense then fine, otherwise as long as you don’t cause trouble I am not going to get in your way. My goal is to unite this planet, for us to all work together no matter who lives in it, however that doesn’t mean that there is a universal answer to every situation. Under my administration the people of Ithamar will be given the same respect I will give to every colony. I will respect your ability to be adults and not work against your own interests.

I am Arnold Grimaldus, I am a soldier who cannot give fancy speeches. I cannot promise you riches, nor can I promise that I can stop disasters from happening. I can promise that I will lead with a level head, with a strong arm, and with a desire to unite everyone toward one purpose. I want to lead us all to a brighter future, if you wish to join me then it is time to step up and show the entire planet why it was wrong to ignore you for so long. Unite with us, together we are strong!