Boarder wars discussion, Itashi Alliance

Greetings all, I would like to discuss a faction that I greatly enjoy, the Itashi Alliance.

Boarder Wars was my first on line DR campaign and I remember it fondly, sure it made me want to punch it in the face occasionally but what good relationship doesn’t. If you don’t want to slam the guy’s head into a wall occasionally then it isn’t a relationship right? :slight_smile:

Anyway, I would love to talk about this group with others, what they did? What they could have done differently? What they should do in the future? Etc.

The alliance makes up the majority of the northern kingdoms, it makes up every nation except Tarris, Beacon City, the Tsogari, and Kasanth I believe
Members are Itash, Borvis, Korpu, Ataru’s Assylum, Fort Lendil, Wintermute, and Tal Hannan.

All those members joined without any problems except one. The undead city of Wintermute, viciously opposed by Korpu who has had to deal with an undead scourge for as long as anyone could remember lost a close vote allowing the final member to join.
Several people that I spoke to at the time were very suprised by Wintermute joining the alliance. Most though that the fledgling citystate would join the Kasanthian Federation including me.
Wintrmute’s membership can only serve as a distablizing factor in the alliance as the goals of the city are probably not to in line with the rest of the alliance.

What do you think? What future can the alliance have with a city of undead in it? How can world powers trust it? How long can Korpu and Wintermute remain at peace? Will their hatred tear the alliance apart?

Wasn’t Itash the old Grand Magi undead? Granted he is a Sylvan so he has a history of keeping children of the Falosini in line.

Wouldn’t Wintermutes fate in that way be decided by the skill of the new Grand Magi Elijah to keep Korpu from breaking the alliance?

If Itash has an undead backstory then why would the rest turn away from the path of peace?

I did really like what was done by Wintermute.

Worth noting the colonies are led by a Vampire. Really the colonies have no choice but to accept the Itashi alliance as legitimate or run the risk of another war of Northern Aggression

True but the Grand Magi I’tash was openly undead while Colony Malthus hides his vampire nature from all but the VLAD Agency and the EEF high command.

People would riot if they had proof Malthus was an actual vampire.

That’s true we have to keep that one under our hat. Still better him than old VLAD or Glomhammer again. That guys a jerk.