Bill calls the Krato

Bill loathes calling others for help, but this time it may be needed.

He pulls up the com crystal, and calls his acquaintances within the Krato, with a agreement.

If they obey certain rules, they would be able to wander the areas without molestation.

No slaves or final death in Olgog lands (specifically Karov but blanket protection)
Full disclousure must be given to any one for any changes (parasite, eating, cursing) and they must agree to it without coercion.
If a matter involves other members of a tribe, the tribe takes care of the issue (unless they ask a specific person or tribe)

Ur Guard Baloh stepped from the energy bridge. It had been a long time since he had seen Der’al.

He approached the GulTor Uf encampment noticing their wealth as he did so.

So many good slavestock. When he discovered they weren’t slaves the Krato was confused. Why squander so much wealth?

He announced himself and waited for the GulTor’Uf representative. When the representative arrived Baloh said,
"The Ur King Ehr sends his regards to the Karovians.

I understand you want to hire protection.
I can bring my Ur Guard in to help protect your lands but it will cost you at least twenty Earther slaves."

When the GulTorUf representative said no slaves and no final death Ur Guard Baloh said, "Wait you contacted the Krato and said No slavery?
Our entire economy is based on slavery.

What value you have to trade if you dont have slaves?"

Honor you and your king Baloh.

Last time I spoke with the Krato, I spoke with Kotine. He seemed interested in helping us formalize a nation and aiding tribes in general.

We do not participate in the slave trade, we find it more productive to have gogs find there own way in life. As gogs develop skills, the reach a mastery slaves do not. Take a look at Smith his work as a blacksmith is better every day. He can produce works that are functional and lighter than many other can produce. With slaves you don’t get mastery at this level.

We wish to be clear with what we are willing to do and not to do. We don’t own gogs, and would not want to encourage slaves in this land. Hence our provision from having slaves in Deral. If you can convince gogs/people to become slaves, informing them of the benefits and restrictions, and they agree to become a slave, we will not prevent you from taking them to your lands. Although we would be saddened by this case.

Everyone has something to trade, be it knowledge or skills. It is just a matter of what you are interested in.

Ur Guard Baloh shook his head again in confusion, "Kotine serves the Ur King Jarl and is adoptive father of Bo’gan the Elogan.
No matter any desire he had for peace, Kotine would not aid someone who is at war with his son’s Collective. Maybe if you had contacted him before war was declared Kotine may have willingly acted as diplomat. I do not know for I am not Kotine.

As for your Smith, many tribes have smiths I dont understand why you call him by job. Is he only a interchangeable cog? Is he replaceable like a spare part? Is this why he has no name? He looks Rehsedian so he was definitely given a name other than Smith when born.

The Ur King Jarl wishes Olgogs to be treated as equals. My master Ur King Ehr doesnt want war with Jarls tribe so we came when your allied call came in.

But if you will not allow us to take slaves then you offer us nothing. These lands are unrecognized by any Krato Ur King. I would be well within my rights to simply take slaves but I dont see any nonOlgogs here so I wont waste the time.

You want the aid of theUr King Ehr you pay us in only thing that matters. Slaves…
skills mean nothing, ability means nothing. Slaves are food and parts and commodity.

Either ten full grown slaves or five if they are succulent children…and my Krato Ur Guard would have rights to take everything on the battlefield we kill.

I have no use for platitudes and philosophy. They do not fill my belly with tender childflesh, they do not gain me rank and privalege like slaves do."

((OOC: My character doesn’t know anything of the Krato convo, I am merely using this thread since it is about alliances regarding the week 21 defensive mission)

The Mer’gan approached the lands of Gul Tor Uf. He was unarmed. He was a messenger and would comply with the Karovians instructions. He would tell the trackers that would likely spot him the second he stepped foot on their hunting ground, “I have a message for Uh’ryu Bill. Unit 7756 would like to extend an offer of aid to your tribe. Will he listen to it?”

OOC: Not for unit 7756, I will get to you later.

"I did not forsee gogs looking at other gogs and deciding they were less than the animals around them. Call it a grave error of judgement. We can not allow you to just enforce your will on other, we stopped on tribe of olgogs from doing it, we can’t let you do this. It seems that we won’t be able to come to an agreement.

I thank you for your time, and may you always find shade in the desert"

News of a dead wandering through karov is not uncommon, but one who stays in the same place for a couple of days is. This oddity was something that needed investigating.

Hunter hated the idea of having to do these fetch request . . . he would rather be stalking prey, even in the game form they participate in now. But what must be done must be done.

Hunter observed the gog, staying downwind. The stench of dead filled his nostrils. Seeing no signs of deception, he makes his way around towards this gog, with the sun towards his back.

About 20 feet away, He curtly states “Its unusally for a dead to stay in Karov, What do you want”

Mer’gan would raise his arms to show he was unarmed. “My Captain wishes me to relay a message to your leader. Our unit would like to offer you aid in your darkest hour. Will you hear me?”

In this meeting, I am our tribes representative.

Forgive me for being suspicious, but why do you want to help. We haven’t heard of your unit before.

Mer’gan repeated the reason Castiel told him, “The UTR would let the ferals take what they please and the Deral Collective doesn’t understand that by allowing themselves to be infected by the pit they will make Tor’Lallur stronger and stronger until they can attack any tribe which refuses their religion.” He paused before adding, “You don’t look like you have many friends by your side at the moment even though your actions are just.”

Your conclusions about the current state of affairs is fairly solid, if a little superficial. There is a lot more nuisance to the situation that you are missing.

Either way, it has been the practice of our tribe to accept help from those who offer it freely, and aid others that act justly.

Hunter pulls out a pipe, and starts smoking the olgog equivalent of tobacco

What is your offer

offers pipe to Mer’gan

Mer’gan would happily take the pipe. Its contents wouldn’t likely have an affect on him but he understood the offers meaning.

“We will deploy to disrupt UTR operations. I hope we can share many more pipes like this after we drive them back.” He said.

Some advice;

Avoid the ferals, they tend to harbor a distrust of tribes like yours and it could cause unwanted conflict. It was because they avoid the dead, that we knew you were here and didn’t move. They are owners of this land just as much as Gultor’uf and the other tribes. We also suggest that you stay within the borders gogs recognize as ours, as that should help prevent conflicts.

If you speak to our Uhryus, and more specifically our lead uhryu, don’t call the actions against torlallur just. They see it as doing harm to some to prevent harm to more. The act itself they see as evil.

The plan is to send the ferals somewhere away from the fighting, we feel as if they will be targeted. [Lead] Uhryu is giving them something to protect them from this fighting.

We plan on leading the gogs chasing us away, to a place we know. It is a small more of an enclosed space, with water underground near the center of this ravine/canyon/entrance to cave system. We plan to make our stand there. If you are and your men are around it, you may be caught in the crossfire. If we [gultoruf] survive, we will bring you back, as with everyone else.

In more general, anything that happens inside your tribe, stays inside your tribe. If you affect other tribe/s (whether a tribe of one or many) we will start to have issues. If you lie to gogs to get them to consent to something, that is something we also abhorred (as a tribe).

I’m sure there are other things, but as the Uhryu is essentially our leader at this point, he can articulate them better.

Hunter was given a task, to ask Mer’gan some questions. Mainly about affiliation with Warmonger, as others were claiming they were t of his cult.

upon finding him, he would take out his pipe, smoke a bit, and offer Mer’gan some.

“Mer’gan, we have heard some disturbing allegations and need to follow up on them. Lalder of the UTR believes that you are part of Warmongers Cult, is it true?”