At a Bar in Unen

(Begins week 1 of TS)

Yohai Ha’ku, nee Horosha, walked into the bar. He had just ripped through reality outside the bar, needing to get to the Bastard named Grim. He had just heard of the invasionary force heading towards Dunesphere and needed to stop it. Thankfully, he knew exactly where to find Grim.

“Grim,” he said, ignoring everyone else at the bar, “I need your help. I need to kidnap a Quall N’Drone Queen.”

ooc - anyone who has reason to be in a bar in Unen can join the conversation

Hekeriki: The bartender was being unreasonable. The young gog maiden was old enough to drink the hard stuff. What she was drinking was fizzy dirt water with some sugar. No booze in it. Hekeriki was waiting for the rest of her team to meet some dude in another time or something. Then other some dude rushed into building needed help. That help being kidnap a Quall N’Drone Queen.

“Uhm, if you are looking for more help, I know a guy who likes doing dumb stuff like that at reasonable merc rates.”, as she approach the Uthvelor.

Looking up at Yohai, Grim responded “If any of your people ever had a sense of humor, I’d think you were joking or trying to pull a fast one on me. But damn, all you Uth lost that millennia ago.” Pausing to take a long draught off of his beer, he continued “So which hive queen, where is she, and why? oh and let us not forget the important question ’ what is in this for me?’”

Yohai’s plan was so straightforward that he never bothered to realize how absurd his request would seem to others. But, for whatever reason, he didn’t think the Nameless One would think twice about it. Bastards were a strange lot, indeed. At least he wasn’t tempted to slay him on muscle memory alone. Them again, he wasn’t with Sir Killian, so that would likely not be necessary.

“Which hive queen? The one parading an army across the land of the natives on her way to Dunesphere.”

“Why? Because she’s threatening to raze everything in her path, killing everyone who gets in her way, just to exact revenge on a war criminal who hides among the Earthers of Dunesphere. While I have no love for the Church of One, I have no desire to feed Warmonger as a result. Therefore, I need you to disable her ability to incinerate us on contact and help me take her to my castle. I will then…convince her there are better ways to exact her revenge. Ones that do not feed Warmonger.”

Yohai shrugged. He had no idea what motivated Bastards. Especially this one.

“I don’t know, Grim, what matters to you. You’d save thousands of lives, prevent all out war, defeat Warmonger without having to face a single demon, and put yourself in a situation to have a Quall Queen owe you a favor, and most importantly, be part of a plan to catch a noted war criminal that is wanted by virtually every authority known in the distant shores, including the Da’humb. If you want more than that, you’ll have to be specific, I know not what your kind seeks.”

He ignored, for now, the comment made by the other bar patron.

“You know what? I think I got my own crazy to deal without pawning it off to others. Sorry for wasting your time.”, stated the female Olgog as she gave slight wave and sat at a random table.

“you got a plan on how I should do that? Cuz I can think a a few ways but I gonna need a good distraction to get thru her boys, and also gonna need someplace to stash her,” grim replyed

Yohai nodded solemnly. He thought of smiling, just for effect, but he knew his half-hearted grimace would offer no comfort to his would-be companion.

“Plan, yes. I tear a hole through reality, which takes us to the battlefield. You then sneak your way near enough the queen and blast her with a bomb that’ll do the trick. I’ll distract them long enough for you to do your damage. I’ll then rush to you and you can either teleport us to my castle or we can go the same way we got there. I presume you remember my castle. Then I’ll make her an offer she can’t refuse.”

Grim nodded, “Yeah, that should work exceptin the fact that most bombs I got aint gonna be much use 'gainst her, I got a few tricks I can try though.”