Archangel of Death - Jamesville

Minutes after the Blood Archangel was created representatives from Jamesville approached it and tried to thank it for chasing away the attacking goblins, however they were ignored while it went to each body, Olgog and Earther alike and drained their bodies of all blood until only a shriveled up corpse remained. After it was done it lifted its head and remained still for several minutes. Finally it turned toward the diplomatic camp that the Olgogs had fled to and began making its way there. It didn’t walk, instead seemed to float a few inches in the air with its wing’s half extended.

The Archangel of Death is moving toward the Diplomatic camp, its new red metallic armor covering its hood and chest where Unit 817 had hit it with their magi cannons, and its Scythe has blood flowing up and down its blade, no drop falling from it. The Archangel’s wings do not seem to be fully formed so it seems incapable of flight at the moment , however it is making good speed toward the camp.

How will you face this threat?

Objectives for Olgog players are stopping this Archangel of Death from killing all who are in the Diplomatic camp. Will you fight? Will you flee? Will you come up with a new option?

Ya’na did not like what he saw. The grizzled, experienced, Brezan Elder had never seen a creature like this. Nothing seemed to work. He looked over at those who were in his presence, and asked, “So, does anyone have any good ideas? Normally I’d say hit it until it bleeds, but since it’s made of blood…” Ya’na couldn’t finish his own sentence…

Eru’ka the elder, the ember bearing representative of Ka’Rhug, rose slowly. Besides him, only Kol’na remained, the shorter of the two hunters who had accompanied Eru’ka. The elder glanced around at those gathered, and began to speak.

“Friends, today we have allowed something of incredible power to come into this world. This being is like no other I have seen, and am utterly at a loss for how to defeat it. We must however, keep it away from sources of more bodies, areas that are very populated, and other important locations. Therefore I think that it would be in our best interests to ambush it before it reaches this camp, where it most likely knows we are. We also need to do it soon, it must not be allowed to grow any more powerful than it already is. Any ideas would be welcome at this point…”

Ya’na shrugged at Eru’ka. “No more living gog… got it. As to defeating it, I don’t know. Ka?? Tor??”

“Well it should probably be from a distance, whatever we decide.” Eru’ka answered sadly, looking at the now empty space where the young hunter Ur’kol had once been fond to stand. “It’s prowess in combat is undeniable, but fortunately it appears to be limited in both speed and range. If we can hit it hard, with something powerful.” He glances meaningfully at the magi-cannons. " we may be able to damage it severely without many casualties. My only other concern is that it may be able to feed on other kinds of energy, which would of course be a problem."

UrTla said "We would not be good to fight that thing in close range. We could hit it at range with Lightning and a few of us can use fire darts. Though I think indivially would not work to well, but maybe if all of use and the dead hit it at the same time, maybe the damage would be enough. The deads guns were enough to mark it. So by themselves too, they most likely couldn’t destroy it.

Outside of this, I just wish we had someone who could banish summons. But none of my tribe here is a summoner.
"

Eric arrived late to the meeting. “Did you guys see that thing?” How can we stop it?

UrTla says “We count to 3, and hit it with everything we got at the same time is the plan we suggested.”

“Thats the plan?” Eric asked incredulously, “No ritual to banish it, or like appeasing it with 4 cups of malie blood laced with earther tears, just on 3 shoot?” He paused taking it in, “Will that even work against the angel of death?”

Ya’na chuckled when he heard the young Bruskti’s response. “It’s a kuliek. Not sure if it can be banished. Not sure it can be killed either.” Ya’na was strong, and a good fighter, but there was a reason he never struck out on his own: he had no gift of invention in a tough spot. “Truth be told, I’m not sure it’s technically considered alive.” He looked around, “All I know is I can’t banish it.”

UrTla says with a smile "Your are listening to a plan from a young one old gog. Part B of the plan was to run away like crazy if part A did not work. But that doesn’t look very good. But If our combined attacks don’t phase it, I can’t see that any other attack would. To give us a little hope, the deads blast did scratch it.

Our backup plan is before we have to attack, we will send a finger tip or other part of each body with one of our tribesmen to run a safe distance away. So in the worst, hopefully our elders could bring us back. I do hate doing that though. But we can do that for you if you like as well.

But All in all, I don’t see this ending well with what we have."

(OCC UrTla and his friends are juveniles)

The four remaining youths of Ol’Lur, who had been too wrapped up in thoughts of being in way over their heads to respond, finally shook themselves out of their daze. Catching up on what had recently been said, one youth stepped forward to speak for the others. “My brothers and I do not have much to use against this creature. We’d like not to get too close to it if we can help it, which leaves us with rather weak leyas anilities and our krato bone spear.” He said with a mix of sheepishness and fear. “We can strike the creature with spears of earth and darts of fire, if you think it would help.” The young gog bowed his head and waited for the others to respond.

(OOC: I have 4 Ur Tor who have used all of their throwing spears, and for leyas they have Fire, Water, Earth, and General all at lvl 1. I hadn’t bothered to re-read the mission report in a while, so thanks for reminding me Candy.)

(OOC Ol’Lur according to the mission results, you gathered half of your spears, please feel free to use them in the upcoming mission :cool: )

Eru’ka looked at the youth who had just spoken, and said,

“Hello friends from Or’lur. Your idea is sound, and the idea thus fur is to hit it from a distance, like you said. Getting too close could be fatal, or worse, that being may even feed off of you. A ranged attack should certainly be coordinated, and I know that your people have done this successfully before. If we were all to unify and work on one large attack, it may just be enough to put him out of commission. As to the nature of that attack, we must decide together.”

Ya’na shrugged. “Ka? Tor?”

On’tor looked around. “My troops and I may be able to face it in close combat. It seems to feed off the blood of it’s victims and we have no such substance within us. We will work to protect our people from the creature when it moves to close the distance.”

Ya’na looked at the grey fur with respect. “Ok, that’s a start. And if our efforts fail?”