An offer to the Gul'Tor'Uf

A figure in a black cloak with purple trim approached the Ruins of Karov seeking the tribe of Gul’Tor’Uf, he was, around 5’10, his figure hidden by the loose cloak, his hands covered in clawed gauntlets and his face covered in a silver mask with the face of a K’iou emblazoned upon it. Upon finding a member of Gul’Tor’Uf he would give a slight bow and say “Greetings, I am Orz’ad, I am a member of the Twilight Guard. We work as bodyguards to high ranking members of the Wintermute Government. My current assignment is to assist the Herald of Wintermute in his activities here in the south. I have been sent here by the Herald because he has seen the corruption and foolishness of the various organizations. The United Tribes of Refuge and the Der’al Collective have shown that they lack honor and thirst for power and death. The Herald had hoped to find a trading partner for Wintermute but it is unlikely at this point. However while we are here he has seen the unjust way your tribe has been treated. He has sent me to offer you the aid of my government in this time of need. Your tribe have taken the responsibility to protect those weaker then yourself, this is a noble trait. Is there anyway we can be of assistance to you?”

Hello Orz’ad, I am quartermaster of Gultor’uf. There are a lot of issues that we currently have, but the two most pressing are finding shelter from the flamewinds for our tribe and the others that need it and procuring food. Karov has been hard hit since the influx of tribes through the trail of tears.

I believe Uhryu is seeking the other tribes near the ruins of karov, to see about rebuilding the city. His hope is to enter the old caves, protect the entrances from the weather, and then have teams build along prescribed paths to connect the caves as the foundation of the new city. We are hoping to artifice the area, so that no others may impose there will on another, bringing harm to them.

Sorry about that digression, The two most current pressing needs are food and shelter from the flamewinds.

Orz’ad nodded, "We understand what it is like to be persecuted, while our city was quite young we were invaded by the empire of Itash and conquered. We were forced to help fight their wars for them before earning our freedom. After the despot Itash was over thrown and the slavers that served him ousted from power we joined an alliance headed by the new kinder rulers of Itash. Even then we suffer from terrorist attacks from those claiming to be our allies.

For your food problems, we cannot provide much, as the Northern Kingdoms are also suffering from a famine. We are fortunate as most of our citizens do not require actual food so we have been able to feed those within our walls who do.
For your other problem we might be able to help. At Wintermute we have a sizable portion of our population who possess talent for Shadow leyas, we have a smaller amount who have talents in other types. If you would be willing to allow us to we might be able to help with your problem. We can try to create a dome of shadow and ice over the Ruins of Karov. If you can convince the tribes that follow you to help Channel the leyas into our people we can then use this power to maintain the dome for a time. If the strength comes from many it will ease the burden of the few maintaining the barrier. Would this be something that you would be interested in?"

Yes it would. It would solve our immediate problem of shelter for those that need it, including us.

Let us go speak to Uhryu, he is the one that organizes these type of endeavors. I know he was trying to gather people strong with earth leyas, to build crystal walls to protect us, but I do not know how that goes with him.

OOC: This is the thread I am using for rebuilding the city of Karov.

http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?1390-On-to-Fertile-Pastures&p=7907#post7907

Im waiting for narrator to respond back to me, after he does feel free to respond back (assume you would be introduced by quartermaster)

Orz’ad will follow Quartermaster to Uhryu. (Let me know when you want me to post in the other thread)

Ya’ka Knight of Simonsburg arrived in the Ruins of Karov.

They had heard rumors that GulTor’Uf has fled here.

He would call down to the first GulTor’Uf he sees,

"I Ya’ka, am knight of Simonsburg. I come to offer the protection of the Ka Gor’na to all who will accept their aid. It comes only with the condition that you do not attack and kill the Ka Gor’na who provides this protection while he diverts the storms.

This offer of aid is given with the Eternal Love of the Ka Gor’na. "

[Ya’ka had been living in Simonsburg and knows nothing of the Karovian War, and nothing about Gorkaog’s trial.]

OOC: I know you are playing a few “different” factions under the same name. I am unable to discern which is which at this point in time. Can you give me a quick primer so I can organize what I “know” in and out of game?

[Army of the True Flame: Pit mongrels and green furs. Samurai in quall bone armor. Members of Der’al Collective.
Members include Vellum, Quill, Ogurox and Gobbog.

Ka gor tribe: ancient pit mongrel tribe dates back to beginning of pit mongrels.
members include Gorkaog and Og’Na

Knights of Simonsburg: Pit Mongrels in knight armor who joined the Simonsburg defense force under Gul’al.
Members include Ya’ka, Ka’ka, Makka’na

Yirhrug is independent and a Knight of the Bladed Sun.

Ka’na’al is a member of Dol Kugloks crew and always does what Alexraiser says]

Quartermaster

About a third of our tribe was just killed, some killed by those that worship the fire gods. I don’t think having the fire gods coming would be a good idea. If you like, you could speak to Uhryu about it.

If you come this is an invitation to follow to the other thread, if you decide to part ways then please keep it in this thread

OOC: Thanks for the primer

Ya’ka says, "Respect, GulTor’uf. I didnt know you lost so many. Condolences.
Word had not spread to my corner of Simonsburg.

I try and keep away from most worshippers of “fire gods” but the HiveQueen Ar’yay is love and acceptance incarnate.
I am sorry to hear of the suffering your tribe has gone through.

If you would ever like the help of the Knights of Simonsburg here is my address in Simonsburg. My door is always open to those in need."

And the strange pit mongrel in plate armor prepared to set off, waiting but a moment to see if the Quartermaster had more questions.

Quartermaster

Perhaps you should go and find Kaloklur, he is the leader of the red furs around here. Whenever we stop in one place for more than a day, he starts trying to build an alter to the fire gods, trying to open a way to their land. He keeps talking about receiving a blessing from them, whatever that means.

He tends to be a weasely gog, so be careful if you speak to him.

The Herald would arrive to speak to Uhryu Bill, he wears a long hooded robe colored dark purple with silver trim. The Herald’s face is covered by a silver mask portraying an Earther face with a somber expression. The Herald wears gauntlets with sharp claws on the fingers and high boots, his clothing reveals nothing about what lay behind it. The Herald would tilt his head in respect to Bill “I greet you honorable Uhryu. I am glad that the people of the Ruins of Karov have been saved from the Flamewinds. I wish to show more support for your people as you rebuild the city. I would like to offer you workers to aid in your construction efforts.”

Quartermaster

I apologize, Uhryu isn’t here. He was unexpectedly taken away. But in this, I know his answer. Uhryu would welcome you.

Currently our plan is to have the city divided based on the 5 major regions, and setup the homes and areas based on there home lifestyle. we plan on building mounds, and putting several layers of housing in.

For example, in the area for karovians, we are building a giant sand dune, with paths and caves up the sides. on the top, we are flatting it out, with room for buildings that are very similar to our tents.

We also are connecting the cave tunnels, and are looking into ways to bring a makeshift sun, so that we can grow plants inside.

We welcome your expertise, and any suggestions you may have.

OOC: Feel free to post to the action thread your help

“I shall send some workers there, they are simple folk they shall help you in anyway you need them to. I am not much of an architect, city building isn’t my strong suit, I am more of a chemist personally. I can provide you a labor force that won’t tire, won’t require food or sleep. They can work without break or complaint, though like i said they are quite simple so imagination isn’t their specialty.”

Quartermaster

Thats amazing, I don’t know of anything that can work nonstop. Is there anything else we would need to know about them? Should we treat them in a specific way?

“The Foreman is named Ozruc, he is a Kumfei, the workforce is undead thus they can work without rest. Ozruc will speak for the workers. The workers are simple minded, having only a limited amount of sentience, I would only ask they you treat them with kindness and patience. They are used to a lot of discrimination and thus it takes a bit longer for them to open up to the living. Simple undead are like children you see, they act in the way their makers wish them to, if they are filled with malicious intent they shall be evil plus the fact that most treat them as monsters, however in Wintermute we want to show all that there is another way, so we try to show them that there is more to life then fear and violence. Work projects like this are a good way for them to spend their time doing constructive things and earning the respect and kindness of those around them. Once they are exposed to kindness for a while they lose their hostile nature and can become their own person.”

The Herald turns to Quartermaster "I wish to thank you and your kind leader Uhryu Bill for vouching for the citizens of Wintermute. His compassion and open mindedness is a great inspiration for our people. I admit that after meeting with the UTR representatives I had a rather low opinion of your people in the south. I was informed by them that while they expected me to show them every respect they would show none in return and I would have to accept that if I wanted to develop relations with them. When I would not bow and scrape to them I was told to leave and while being threatened numerous times. I have sent word to my leader, Lord Hassan and he has sent word that your tribe and those under your protection are to be treated as friends and provided every courtesy as you have shown yourselves to be worthy of it. Those of us who are here shall prove to you that we are worthy of your trust and aid you in whatever you require.

More citizens of Wintermute shall be coming in the future to aid your people. As I know you have had poor interactions with the Earther colonies to the north we shall refrain from sending Earthers citizens here out of respect to your people. Should not be too difficult as Earthers represent only a small portion of our population. The new city of Karov shall be a beacon of hope to the world, we shall not let anyone endanger it or our friends within."

100 Additional Skeletons arrived, Their leader a former Olgog (Skeletal structure imply) bows politely to Quartermaster. Greetings I am Kol’ol’Tor I am here to inform you of our arrival. We are specially trained hunters. For months we have been trained in stealth, and our bones cleaned to prevent any smell. We are skilled in setting up traps for animals and anything else you wish to be captured. We can sneak into an area and lay in wait, as we do not need to eat, drink, or sleep and thus are highly skilled at our jobs. We will start immediately to make sure that all living citizens of your fine city never know hunger."