Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wintermute initiates a discussion with the Itashi Alliance and Fort Lendill

Into the room walked Sarrick St.Johns. The peacelord looked annoyed.

"Aye you heard as I did that the Grand Magi told us to be neurtal? That sour look tells me it sits as ill at ease with you as it does with many of the PeaceLords that won their lands by force of arms.

Some of the Peacelords talk and it is not kind talk. The only who seem to like it are the PeaceLords supporting Boriel, the ones who do think the Northern Kingdoms is just a bauble to be won."

A Northern Kingdom Government
    Captain Valens takes out a com crystal and spends a hour or so speaking to his superiors in Wintermute. When he returns he listens and then nodds at Sarrick St.Johns, "Lord Hassan has expressed a sizable distaste for the current arrangement. The Northern Kingdoms are vast why place everything into a single battle unless Lord Morte is convinced that enough of the nations will join Borial to tip the scales in a conventional war. It would take a long time to invade and conquer so many nations for Borial to win in a short period of time. Plus with the famine the various nations are experiencing, Borial would have a difficult time foraging for food if each nation locks away the majority of their supplies in their most fortified areas. Armies eat a lot....well (Vales winks) most armies eat a lot. A war of attrition would favor the Alliance more then Borial, unless of course enough of the Allies defect.

Lord Hassan favors a united resistance against Borial over a winner take all single battle. Unless Lord Morte has a secret plan that guarantees victory that he refuses to talk about, a winner take all situation favors Borial more then us."

Lady Fal'cyon looked perplexed, "Elijah Morte wants two of his heavy hitters to sit the war out? I understand you say there will be a final battle but is his plan actually to peacefully turn over the throne?"

The ambassador heard a chime from his pocket and excused himself. When he returned he stuffed a comm crystal into his pocket, "I have an update. The Grand High Magi hopes to avert war. He hopes to broker a deal in which the Sylvan Empress and possibly Boriel and his forces help to retake the Ruins of Morgoth. If this occurs and the ambient radiation can be dealt with he will require all northern kingdoms take a shift defending the ruins and the Death Gate. He needs to know if your kingdoms would reject this duty?"

A Northern Kingdom Government
    Captain Valens gave the ambassador a minor glare, "How exactly does the Grand Magi plan to convince the invading army to not only stop their attack but to join with him to cleanse the Ruins? I still don't see how a war can be avoided. If a war breaks out and you lose, why would all of the nations in the Alliance simply accept Borial as the new Grand Magi, and if the Grand Magi wins why would Borial's population accept him? This whole situation seems fishy to me.

However to answer your question, if the Grand Magi can avert a war and the Ruins are cleared of radiation then Wintermute would be willing to send a detachment to help defend it.