Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Special Forces Operations: VLAD vs DRRT vs NK Spec Ops (DR2220 week 3+)

Moose countered, "Mr. Blazefist, I'm sorry to correct you, but if a Neliff got onboard a Sunspike ship wouldn't that make this situation worse rather than better."

McMurphy was happy for Moose's support on that.

Ar'goon felt he was being played by EEFers.

"So let me get this straight the Neliff have a Damoclese strike and could target and destroy ANY of our cities. And you want us to just sit around and wait...?"

The other NK leaders also began to grumble they didn't seem to support the idea of allowing the Neliff even a moment of control.

McMurphy said, "The EEF has authorized us in sharing a certain important detail. If we do not succeed in ending the orbital Neliff outbreak, or if they make it to the Penal Space Stations, the Iron Republic will consider this planet overrun. That would stick us back in the place we were two years ago, trying to drive off an orbital fleet seeking to glass the planet.

The IR has given us a date, and if we do not handle the Neliff outbreak by then....Fleetmaster Deer has already put Clean Bombs on standby.

And frankly if the Neliff did take this planet, I wouldn't blame the IR for wanting to vaporize it."

Connor says "This seems the top priority over the invasion of the Redeemers site in the south. Which is bad too, but more conventional ways may work there from a distance.

Spymaster Lurtor has informed me about the Neliff, it seems the Neliff had a big run in the Goblin Lands recently as well. He told me the redeemers and those that follow the religion are immune to the control of the Neliffs and can detect it. Not sure who else is immune. Undead? Immutables?

I'm not sure if Immutables are immune to their effects, but long and short, we need a team that is immune to the mind control or has enough of those who can detect their influence to retake the platform. ?"

McMurphy said, "Some undead are not immune to mind control. Warmongers dead is a prime example. In addition Immutables have been controlled by the Neliff according to field reports. But these Redeemers they are definitely protected. I hear tell that Lord Roans Phantoms are also protected but i have not heard from them since i took this office."

A Northern Kingdom Government
    Harald of Wintermute was a large individual wearing a light purple robe with a bronze mask depicting a snarling Olgog with extended canines implying that he was a vampire behind it, the fur which was visible was a dark sickly green, mildly thinning. He kept on attending these meetings but never spoke, generally allowing the Earthers and their allies handle their own problems. This latest exchange perked his interests, with a raspy voice Harald spoke, "Do we know if the Neliff can control basic undead, or is their control limited by more advanced undead like Vampires or Litches?"

Harald of Wintermute tapped his finger against the table waiting for a response.

Moose leaned in and said, "I think that long silence is McMurphy stumbling for a way to say he has no freaking clue."

McMurphy gave Moose some side-eye then turned to the Herald and said, "My apologies for the delay. But the Neliff might be able to...I do not currently have any field test notes on undead fighting with the Neliff. So far our only experience was comparing different forms of Warmongers Dead...

It would be a risk in either case. In fact I would be worried in general."

Moose interrupted and said, "My sources say that Blackheart Security Solutions has been flooding the market with Neliff psychic disruptors. I don't know how effective they are, from what I understand they were tested out in I.R. Space not here on Refuge. But they gotta be better than a whisper and a chance right?"

McMurphy said, "I can neither confirm nor deny anything being done by Blackheart PMC."

Harald of Wintermute, tilted his head to the side abit, "Wintermute cannot assist when it comes to the space station which will be of no surprise to anyone in this room. We have been massing forces in the south in response to the Neliff threat at the Redeemer's site in the south. We will deploy four hundred skeletons armed with Springshot grapple lines and explosives which have been designed to work underwater. They will be accompanied by fifty Vampires with similar equipment and fifty Reanimators whose jobs will be to restore any fallen undead. All five hundred will be equipped with Neliff Jammers purchased from Blackheart. I doubt the skeletons can be controlled by the Neliff but we will use the jammers just in case. Our plan is to walk into the sea to get under the invader's ships. Our Reanimators will have artifacts to enable them to breathe underwater but the others will not need any for obvious reasons. Once our forces locate the bottoms of the enemy ships they will fire their grapple lines to the ships. They will climb up and plant their explosives, once they are clear they will detonate the explosives hopefully sinking the enemy fleet."