Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Planning Thread Post2220: Boriel I'tash and Lord I'tash's Allies

Tal was confounded, "Grim I don't think you understand, with that many hearts and minds meditating for peace we can avert this war, their forces attacks will be repulsed until they lose the will to fight and join us quiet discussion."

Lord Malaganth nodded saying, "Yes it is true I have seen the Ohmites accomplish similar acts of Peace through meditation elsewhere."

Slavemaster Malice interrupted saying, "That is the answer of a weakling. Grim must punish these uprising or others will rise up in the future. And with the MDK he could crush them outright and make an example of them. Grim must make them suffer!"

Lord Malaganth looked at Malice with a combination of amusement and surprise, "Grim will choose his own path Malice... And he will choose what is right for his people."

The two glared at each other, and waited for Grim's reply.

Lurtor enters the room with his cloak billowing and staff in hand with Connor following. He bows to Slavemaster Malice and Lord Malaganth, and then to Grim.

Lurtor says "Greetings everyone, I hate to interrupt and apologize, but I have much work to-do.

While Lord Grim considers his options, I will need to get to work on some defense of both here and Jemison Post.

Unless I hear objections, I will expand our Satellite network from Jemison Post to here that will allow us to Monitor our possible enemies moves. I will place additional monitoring solutions on the inside of our areas as well. From this, I or another me can help transport our forces around quickly to defend or counter. We can also remove the former slaves that are at the center of this. No sense in all this fighting to have them recaptured and ensalved by those fighting against us.

I will also have the defenses of Jemison Post on alert as well. Grim, you should not have to worry about the post, just those here. I will ask Conner to stay and answer any questions that are needed for me as he can reach me if needed."

Lord Malaganth agreed, "Yes Lurtor if we are forced to battle, having the ability to mobilize troops quickly could be decisive to victory. And extra situational awarness would be beneficial. The more eyes that we see through, as it were, the better off our tactics and strategies will play out."

They all wondered what Grim was planning.

A young earther heading a group of about 100 troops made their way to the boarder of Grim's holdings and sent the following message.
    "My name is Kyle Gunnarson. I head a company of willing fighters. We are the start of a new mercenary company called Gunnarson's Lancers. We all have training and experience and we're offering it to you. For the right price we'll do whatever you need."

Conner says "We gladly accept your help. I'll work with you on the cost of your mercenary company and your rates. And depending how things go, we can talk about bonuses for great results that don't result in Catastrophic damage to the area. Even in this battle, we don't want to destroy this city. That would make Boriel very angry at us.

I've been handling all of the interaction of the irregulars helping in this battle and defense of Peacelord Grim's holdings. I will make sure you can get to where your needed and have the tactical information you need. We all win together or fail together.

If you have additional ideas or tatics, please let us know."

(OOC Assuming Lurtor/Conner has a budget for this. Since defense money is not an issue for Jemison POst.)

Kyle shrugged. "You just put us where you want us. I can't say that I've been here long enough to have any better ideas. We are mostly infantry with some heavy weapons I'd say we can best act as a screening unit. But you're the boss."

Tal felt a very familiar melancholy coming over him, "Warmonger has been permanently banished but given the response here one would never know, I offered a path to give peace a chance but if all the gathered here desire is war so be it. I will attempt to double around behind the opposing peacelords. I will attempt to capture them and force them to order their forces stand down. I will attempt to disarm them and bring them back behind the lines. Perhaps if I capture enough of them we avoid wide spread bloodshed."

Grim looked up from a note his aide just handed him. "Apparently, most of the messengers I sent out were intercepted before they delivered their pleas. Those here are all that will be coming."

"Tap, I would prefer to end this peacefully, but those arrayed against me have never shown any interest in peace. They only want to maintain their positions. I will not submit any more people to thier slavery."

Looking around, "as I have been distracted by other matters, I ask you all to do your best and work together. I will not give in to them, but I have no clue how to bring them to their senses. Do your best to aid each other. "

---OOC---
    (Sorry guys, been having a tough time lately and havent been able to deal with this on top of every thing else)